Seriously...........

-Cp

Sep 23, 2004
Earth
Who the HELL orders a Filet Mignon Medium Well to well done? My wife and I went out to dinner in Seattle last week for a business dinner I had and some moron there at the table ordered a Filet MEDIUM WELL DoNE!! I about had to leave the dinner at that point and say "I'm really sorry, but I don't do dinners with idiots"...

LOL... I mean comon' - anyone else here love ruining a good cut of beef by cooking the crap out of it? Or better yet, who here uses either Catsup or Steak Sauce? Go ahead, admit to to, I know you're out there....

Jeesh....

/end rant here

I think combining the words steak and well should be a capital offense.

Folks who use steak sauce don't know how to properly season and cook a steak IMO - that and they're probably getting their beef from the grocery store and not a good butcher...

-Cp said:
Who the HELL orders a Filet Mignon Medium Well to well done? My wife and I went out to dinner in Seattle last week for a business dinner I had and some moron there at the table ordered a Filet MEDIUM WELL DoNE!! I about had to leave the dinner at that point and say "I'm really sorry, but I don't do dinners with idiots"...

LOL... I mean comon' - anyone else here love ruining a good cut of beef by cooking the crap out of it? Or better yet, who here uses either Catsup or Steak Sauce? Go ahead, admit to to, I know you're out there....

Jeesh....

/end rant here

so did you hit the guy? :poke:

-Cp said:
Folks who use steak sauce don't know how to properly season and cook a steak IMO - that and they're probably getting their beef from the grocery store and not a good butcher...

...but sometimes I use it on steaks YOU make for me... lol :)

-=d=- said:
...but sometimes I use it on steaks YOU make for me... lol :)

That's not true, because we don't have steak sauce in this house...

-Cp said:
That's not true, because we don't have steak sauce in this house...

It is true because I've done it...maybe at your last house...And it's not just steak 'sauce' it can be 'sauce' you made (for the steak). Same thing.

:)

-=d=- said:
It is true because I've done it...maybe at your last house...And it's not just steak 'sauce' it can be 'sauce' you made (for the steak). Same thing.

:)

No, it's not the same thing - the sauces I make are pan reduction sauces which are made from the same ingrediants as some of the other foods on the dish, specificaly for that particular dinner... :p

-Cp said:
No, it's not the same thing - the sauces I make are pan reduction sauces which are made from the same ingrediants as some of the other foods on the dish, specificaly for that particular dinner... :p

And I bet if I warmed up some A1 and told you it was created specifically for dinner, you'd love it! :)

The point is, I don't care at which stage the steak is seasoned - be that via a marinade, dry-rub spices, or a 'spicey sauce'.

:D

Mary enjoys spicey sauce. :p:

-Cp said:

if d is working his out out of a place to partake of your fine dining skills i can bring the wine

-=d=- said:
And I bet if I warmed up some A1 and told you it was created specifically for dinner, you'd love it! :)

The point is, I don't care at which stage the steak is seasoned - be that via a marinade, dry-rub spices, or a 'spicey sauce'.

:D

Mary enjoys spicey sauce. :p:

Umm.. no, I wouldn't.....

-Cp said:

Jeesh....

/end rant here

:rotflmao:

My mother does this. I told her to order some other piece of meat to ruin, not the Filet. She agreed to it.

no1tovote4 said:
:rotflmao:

My mother does this. I told her to order some other piece of meat to ruin, not the Filet. She agreed to it.

LOL! Ask her to try medium-rare steak sometime...... :)

-Cp said:
LOL! Ask her to try medium-rare steak sometime...... :)
Well I know that both you and your brother were waiting with baited breath to come to the steak house capital of the US to buy me a steak! :laugh: Now I know I'll get kicked out cause I always order it 'medium well'. I HATE blood. If I liked it, I'd be a science teacher with dissection. No way.

Ummm, for those that want to tell me history is replete with blood and gore, I want you to know I cover my eyes for 1/3 of Glory!

Forum List

Back