Seriously, why does anyone like Trump?

John Shaw

Gold Member
Jul 22, 2017
I've tried, but I can't find anything good to say about him, except that he's amazing at fucking up and then getting someone else to pay for it. He does that better than anyone. Not sure that's a good quality to have in a president, though.

Otherwise, what is actually good about him?

Oh, and before someone tries to call me on a double-standard, I didn't like Hillary either, but at least she had the fake veneer of class and sophistication. Trump doesn't even have that. He's basically the world's most successful used car salesman.

Also, keep in mind that liberalism is the belief in freedom. So, unless you hate freedom, you're a liberal. Sorry to break it to you.

This is why ....

1108_election-day25.jpg

And it just keeps getting better...

So, sadism, basically?

Look; I kind of enjoyed the shocked reactions myself. But you're willing to throw away all decency and honesty, just to enjoy the sight of women crying??? "This country can burn, as long as it pisses off the people I don't even know but inexplicably hate." That's why you vote a con man into office?

Sounds pretty messed up to me.

I want to know why Republicans are terrified of him being investigated? If he's a criminal, then you don't want your leader to be a criminal do you?

OK, maybe that wasn't the right question.

Uhh, where there is smoke, there's fire. And this is an awful lot of smoke.
What is Trump so afraid of? He assaults women without asking, so it can't be a BJ.
Could it have something to do with Money Laundering or maybe enormous debt?
I know it didn't have anything to do with "favors" owed?

Still, if he didn't act so guilty, and wasn't so chummy with dictators, they might stop looking.

Just because his foundation was an illegal criminal organization posing as a charity and he fleeced thousands out of millions of dollars from their retirement and loans to learn to be like him.

He fleeced them and now they know how he succeeded.

They LEARNED what he had to teach, and boy, did they ever LEARN!

I want to know why Republicans are terrified of him being investigated? If he's a criminal, then you don't want your leader to be a criminal do you?

OK, maybe that wasn't the right question.

Uhh, where there is smoke, there's fire. And this is an awful lot of smoke.
What is Trump so afraid of? He assaults women without asking, so it can't be a BJ.
Could it have something to do with Money Laundering or maybe enormous debt?
I know it didn't have anything to do with "favors" owed?

Still, if he didn't act so guilty, and wasn't so chummy with dictators, they might stop looking.

Just because his foundation was an illegal criminal organization posing as a charity and he fleeced thousands out of millions of dollars from their retirement and loans to learn to be like him.

He fleeced them and now they know how he succeeded.

They LEARNED what he had to teach, and boy, did they ever LEARN!

This is what I don't get. Why all the obfuscation? If you're innocent, why not just turn over everything? Then later you can make a show of how you were innocent, how they tried to bring you down but failed, etc. If Trump's innocent, seems to me he missed a big opportunity to score points. No matter what now, people are going to think he tried to stop the investigation, that he tried to cover up some kind of devious secret.

I don't get the logic here. How is this brilliant politicking, exactly? By throwing the country into chaos? Is that what passes for good politics these days?

But you're willing to throw away all decency and honesty, just to enjoy the sight of (people) crying???

So, basically you're a small, spiteful person who takes pleasure in the pain of others. That's nice.

The only chaos I see is the left.
Cons and independents are pretty happy with the positive numbers in jobs, deregulation,self deportation of illegals and the ban on lobbing.
The Supreme Court nomination.

I've tried, but I can't find anything good to say about him, except that he's amazing at fucking up and then getting someone else to pay for it. He does that better than anyone. Not sure that's a good quality to have in a president, though.

Oh, and before someone tries to call me on a double-standard, I didn't like Hillary either, but at least she had the fake veneer of class and sophistication. Trump doesn't even have that. He's basically the world's most successful used car salesman.

Also, keep in mind that liberalism is the belief in freedom. So, unless you hate freedom, you're a liberal. Sorry to break it to you.

I like him because he is not part of the political class.

He's a rouge element versus the establishment and their corruption.

Ok in my book............and he's starting to fulfill campaign promises............which most don't.........good deal.

The republicans can't even pass a healthcare bill despite having all the power. They're failures. And Trump himself is a moral crisis and a complete disappointment. I'd hoped he'd magically grow up after taking office, but he's a 70-year old manchild, so I guess that hope was in vain.

Jobs were increasing under Obama.

Deregulation ... jury's still out on that one.

Self-deportation is good.

Ban on lobbying, I doubt will have any serious effect. It's just a bone thrown to Trump's anti-establishment followers to distract them while he pumps his administration full of fat cats just like him.

He's POTUS. He's the highest-ranking member of the political class. What are you talking about?

you're willing to throw away all decency and honest

Is this the 'decency and honesty' of which you speak?

hillary-angry-getty-640x480.jpg

Hillary was bad too. Just not as much of a cartoon character.

To be honest, I despised her even more than Trump, whom I didn't take seriously. But I realized that the damage to our international reputation with Trump at the wheel would be far more severe, and would cause untold lasting harm.

You see, I vote depending on which would be the better choice, not whom I like the most or hate the least. We had to pick between a douche and a turd sandwich last year. One of those walking, breathing trash piles had to win.

Difference is, if Hillary were president, you wouldn't see me supporting her bitch ass if she got caught up in the kind of scandals that are now routine for Trump. I'd gladly condemn her and hope to get rid of her ass. But Trump supporters will endorse pretty much anything he says or does. He could throw a cat in a blender and they'd call it brilliant PR.

Last edited:

He's POTUS. He's the highest-ranking member of the political class. What are you talking about?

To me it means not a career politician, not part of the elite good old boys club.

Last edited by a moderator:
damage to our international reputation

Why do I give a fetid dingo's kidney what Merkel and Marcon think? I'm an American ... not a Euroweenie.

It doesn't matter what they think when they come begging once more for America to pull their fat from the inevitable fire.

Just can't get over it, can you? After all this time. I guess ones like you will be whining for the next 3 1/2 years.
I am sick of hearing it. People have their own views, and opinions, and thus far, the right to them.

Accept it, even if you hate Trump, and live with it.

I have had to do the same with many politicians.

damage to our international reputation

Why do I give a fetid dingo's kidney what Merkel and Marcon think? I'm an American ... not a Euroweenie.

It doesn't matter what they think when they come begging once more for America to pull their fat from the inevitable fire.

Seriously? Germany is extremely powerful economically. A valuable ally. Why would you care what the leader of a powerful ally thinks? Is that a serious question?

Just can't get over it, can you? After all this time. I guess ones like you will be whining for the next 3 1/2 years.
I am sick of hearing it. People have their own views, and opinions, and thus far, the right to them.

Accept it, even if you hate Trump, and live with it.

I have had to do the same with many politicians.

I'm just trying to underestand what it is people see in him. So far, it seems to come from a place of malice. "He fights people we don't like, therefore I'll gladly suck up his farts and pay his extravagant travel costs, even though he slammed Obama for far less."

To be clear, I don't blame people for voting for Trump. We had two bad options and one of them had to be POTUS, unfortunately. I blame people who defend all his lies, hypocrisies, and just plain bizarre, childish behavior.

He is the only person to be POTUS since ever, who was not a politician first. He was never an elected politician before he won the presidency. The reality is the political class has been at war with the American people for decades incrementally infringing on civil rights with law after law after law. All of which they have exempted themselves from. Did you know that congress can engage in insider trading?

Bet you didn't know it was LEGAL for them to do that. That is one of MANY reasons why the political class needs to be reigned in.

Forum List

Back