Seriously, who amongst you will actually admit you support The Duopoly?

Well, which is worth more a pound of bacon or salt? Besides as a doctor your supposed to want me to cut down on salt right?

Unless an overwhelming percentage of voters (75%?) vote AGAINST Republicans AND Democrats, then voting third party is a waste of time and vote.

In many elections 40% to 50% of all eligible voters see nothing worth voting FOR. Possibly these reluctant citizens could be enticed into the polls by offering them something to vote AGAINST?

Namely, Republicans AND Democrats...

I've mentioned the anti-vote 12 years, or so, ago.

People scoffed at me. Nice to see my idea spreading.
Timing is everything.

Eight decades ago, Huey Long looked at DC government and saw a restaurant that served only one dish. Republican waiters lined one wall and Democrats lined the other. But no matter which party delivered your order, "all the grub came from Wall Street's kitchen."

Even twelve years ago the Internet wasn't in enough homes to spread your idea adequately.

Today it is, and our only excuse for not spreading the anti-vote meme is fear of ridicule.

Where's Huey when you really need him?

Unless an overwhelming percentage of voters (75%?) vote AGAINST Republicans AND Democrats, then voting third party is a waste of time and vote.

In many elections 40% to 50% of all eligible voters see nothing worth voting FOR. Possibly these reluctant citizens could be enticed into the polls by offering them something to vote AGAINST?

99% of posters think your point of view is meaningless. Clearly a waste of time.
If your numbers are correct, only one voter in a hundred is NOT complying with Einstein's definition of insanity.

Expecting meaningful change from either wing of the Wall Street/Pentagon Party is the greatest waste of time.

Nope, just an asswipe claiming to be a doctor. Don't look back, you'll turn into a pillar of bacon.

I know why you want me to turn into bacon but NO THANKS! You can't eat me! :lol:

My thinking about this question is that it will lead to support of third party.

America is NOT going there.

So you are admitting you SUPPORT The Duopoly????

Im a Republican and I support them as long as they comply with policies and laws I like. If not, then I oppose them.

So you are saying you would favor the prosecution of Dick + Bush as blatant WAR CRIMINALS since they did NOT comply with policies and laws? If not then STFU!
Would you agree the well deserved (imho) prosecution of Dick and Dubya would gain traction in the US population if Al and Bubba were simultaneously being held accountable for their crimes?

I've mentioned the anti-vote 12 years, or so, ago.

People scoffed at me. Nice to see my idea spreading.
Timing is everything.

Eight decades ago, Huey Long looked at DC government and saw a restaurant that served only one dish. Republican waiters lined one wall and Democrats lined the other. But no matter which party delivered your order, "all the grub came from Wall Street's kitchen."

Even twelve years ago the Internet wasn't in enough homes to spread your idea adequately.

Today it is, and our only excuse for not spreading the anti-vote meme is fear of ridicule.

Where's Huey when you really need him?

I ain't no Huey P. Long but I did live in Lousiana for a while and visit it still pretty regularly... :eusa_whistle:

Nope, just an asswipe claiming to be a doctor. Don't look back, you'll turn into a pillar of bacon.

I know why you want me to turn into bacon but NO THANKS! You can't eat me! :lol:

So you are admitting you SUPPORT The Duopoly????

Im a Republican and I support them as long as they comply with policies and laws I like. If not, then I oppose them.

So you are saying you would favor the prosecution of Dick + Bush as blatant WAR CRIMINALS since they did NOT comply with policies and laws? If not then STFU!
Would you agree the well deserved (imho) prosecution of Dick and Dubya would gain traction in the US population if Al and Bubba were simultaneously being held accountable for their crimes?

Well Bubba did have a trial but I would certainly favor putting Nazi Pelosi & Harry Mangina on trial for their traitorous actions of NOT impeaching Dick + Bush entirely because they were more concerned about winning in 2008 than following our LAWS i.e. they belong in jail with Dick + Bush because they were COMPLICIT & voted to support actions they knew were illegal!

28 responses & over 160 views and so far only 1 person who admits they support The Duopoly....LOL

Was it only two years ago "experts" were writing off the Republican Party?

If November 2012 sees the US economy in a similar situation to where it was in 2008, a critical mass of voters (and especially those who don't usually bother to vote) could make the connection between Wall Street, Republicans, Democrats and the richest 1% of this country.

In many precincts around this country there are already established third party candidates on the ballot. The difficulty seems to lie in convincing Americans they are better off taking a political leap of faith than continuing to "choose" between Republican OR Democrats.

Once upon a time, I was a lifelong Democrat.

After some time and much thought, I admitted to myself that I was no longer a liberal and I dumped the Dem Party for the GOP.

That didn't last nearly as long. For I soon realized that the GOP WAS the Dim Party, just in a lite version. Liberal, just not AS liberal. So, I dumped them too.

No. I didn't register as an indy.

I registered as a Conservative.

I have zero expectations of a viable 3rd Party. I often vote for the most rational and conservative GOP candidate. I rarely vote for any Dems. No reason to do so, except locally, and then just for a neighbor if he happens to be of sound mind and not some uber lib.

Do you support them now? When have you ever not supported them? What would it take for you not to? Did you support Bush? List specifics if at all possible to any or all of the above.

Thanks.

Was it only two years ago "experts" were writing off the Republican Party?

If November 2012 sees the US economy in a similar situation to where it was in 2008, a critical mass of voters (and especially those who don't usually bother to vote) could make the connection between Wall Street, Republicans, Democrats and the richest 1% of this country.

In many precincts around this country there are already established third party candidates on the ballot. The difficulty seems to lie in convincing Americans they are better off taking a political leap of faith than continuing to "choose" between Republican OR Democrats.

Well I'm guessing the primary problem is two fold
1-The Duopoly has rigged the game i.e. the vote tallying system
2-Even if the vote counts are accurate the citizens are apathetic as long as they get to be overfed all day and do basically no real work then why vote against that?

What is different now? Well now that the economy has tanked suddenly everyone has woken up to the fact that The Duopoly is screwing usALL.

So we can be apathetic and choose to keep getting screwed by voting for either a democrat or republican OR

We can use the power of the greatest communication tool in the history of humanity (the internet) & vote

Ben Marble, M.D. for President of the USA 2012!

On my first day in office, I promise to do the following:

1-sign executive order making all campaign contributions ILLEGAL! No citizen or corporation has the 'right' to BUY VOTES! If you want to SUPPORT a candidate then do it by VOTING for them &/or telling your friends/family to vote for them!

2-sign executive order making it federal law that all city, state, and national elections have mandatory 3rd/4th/5th political parties getting EQUAL TIME in print, tv, newspaper, & online!

3-sign executive order to create "The New Clear Deal" economic stimulus plan for all citizens to get FREE ELECTRICAL POWER for LIFE! This will help to get the USA off of middle eastern oil by essentially giving drivers 'free gas' for their new electric cars! The idea is simple: build enough new nuclear power plants to give all the citizens free power! It will be an instant boom for the economy since it will require the hiring of millions of US citizens! The federal government will use the citizens taxes to create a system that gives the citizens free electricity for cooking/heat & a free way to have good transportation via purchase of an electric car. This is called long term planning people...look it up!

4-sign executive order making 'CIVIL UNIONS' the new legal term for all committed couples who want the legal benefits of said civil union.

5-sign executive order ordering removal of 90% of all US troops from ALL overseas bases within the next 3 years. The live troops can be replaced with scattered bases with robot guided weaponry. We don't use the 3 years to rebuild their countries! We use the 3 years to build our US remnant bases full of our weaponry with a minimal human staff! There is no point in putting our soldiers lives as risk when so much of the world hates us. Bring our NATIONAL GUARD home so they can....GUARD THE NATION! It is time to fix America first!

Last edited:

Imagine an alleged MD using such inflammatory rhetoric regarding the former VP and bragging about it? The "F" word? I expect benmarble might sweep the floors in a hospital but I would hate to think such a hate monger treats patients. Anyway most Americans over the age of 12 realize that there are only two viable political parties in America today but you can register any way you want. Most sensible people pick the political party that best represents the issues they most identify with and sometimes they work within the system to get the party to represent their values in more ways. This is the American way. The Tea Party represents what is best in the political system. If you need an example of the other end of the spectrum you can consider Obama's political mentor Bill Ayers who headed a domestic terrorist group and still promotes violence.

Ok they got me twice in 2000 when Bush promised no nation building i voted for him and in 2004 after looking for ralph nader or ron paul and not finding their names in the voting booth i voted kerry.... but i did not vote sinse then and do not plan on voting in the duopoly ever again

We are experiencing more anti voting now than pro voting than ever before. We need a third party and I think the rising number of Independents and the Tea Party just may fill the bill, given time.

Since Obama's reign, more people have become involved in politics and are watching every elected official closer than ever. It showed in the 2010 elections and will again in the 2012 elections. Duopoly will be a thing of the past in the next decade.

We will also expect a higher standard from our elected officials and will be heard loud and clear. The more the elected officials don't listen the faster a viable third party will appear.

Last edited:
In 1948 four candidates squared off for the White House and each had at least a rhetorical chance for success.

There's a suspicion among some on the left that if Sarah Palin wins the Republican nomination we could see a '48 repeat in 2012.

Obama?
Palin?
Bloomberg?
Feingold?

Which would you choose?

Forum List

Back