Seriously Mitt, you got paid 100k SALARY to do NOTHING?

Also, a Massachusetts financial disclosure form Romney filed in 2003 states that he still owned 100 percent of Bain Capital in 2002. And Romney’s state financial disclosure forms indicate he earned at least $100,000 as a Bain “executive” in 2001 and 2002, separate from investment earnings.
Mitt Romney stayed at Bain 3 years longer than he stated - Boston.com

If it is indeed true that Mitt had nothing to do with Bain capital in 2001 and 2002 - that means he was paid 100k salary to do nothing.

100k to do NOTHING?
Sorry but that beats even the most inefficient government employee! Looks like private business can indeed be less efficient than government!

and?

Also, a Massachusetts financial disclosure form Romney filed in 2003 states that he still owned 100 percent of Bain Capital in 2002. And Romney’s state financial disclosure forms indicate he earned at least $100,000 as a Bain “executive” in 2001 and 2002, separate from investment earnings.

If it is indeed true that Mitt had nothing to do with Bain capital in 2001 and 2002 - that means he was paid 100k salary to do nothing.

100k to do NOTHING?
Sorry but that beats even the most inefficient government employee! Looks like private business can indeed be less efficient than government!

MBAs coming out of top ranked schools start at $150,000 or more at private equity firms right out of school.

In finance, it's not a lot of money.

Up against the wall, Mother Hubbard!!!

Where's OWS when I need 'em????

"Despite months of negative advertising from Mr. Obama and his Democratic allies seeking to further define Mr. Romney as out of touch with the middle class and representative of wealthy interests, the poll shows little evidence of any substantial nationwide shift in attitudes about Mr. Romney."
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/19/u...ndercutting-obama-support.html?pagewanted=all

Why would the party of "what I know to be true in my heart" be swayed by "facts and evidence" ?

Seems to me the scenario that Romney is following is "when your opponent is digging himself into a hole, get out of the way and let 'em keep digging."

So you admit that using facts and evidence with Republicans makes them dislike you.

I already knew that.

100k to do NOTHING?

Are you accusing him of acting like Michelle Obama.

Oh, right, I forget, Michelle Obama had a job, that must mean she was doing nothing. Its inconceivable that black women would actually work, they're all just a bunch of lazy welfare queens.

He Built Bain, He had an interest in it. Good try though. :lmao:

Moron.

Why is the OP so surprised by Romney making a few hundred thousand at Bain for essentially doing nothing? There are millions of people in this country receiving many thousands of taxpayer dollars every year for doing absolutely nothing. At least mitt was paid with private funds.

Dude, that doesn't even make sense.

100k to do NOTHING?

Translation: "I'm jealous of Mitt Romney's success and therefore hate him and accuse him of being a bad person."

Keep selling Mitt as a leader and self-starter so successful he gets money for nothing.

I just wanna make sure I get this straight - you think its efficient for a private corporation, to pay someone executive compensation - to do nothing - just because he used to do actual work in the past?

100k to do NOTHING?

Relax, OohPoo. The partner Ed, was on MSNBC and explained that when Romney left for the Olympics in 1999, they created a management team to take his place. An attorney negotiated a salary for Romney who still had the title of CEO whle they created this team and he was paid for the franchise value of the company he had helped create. All legal and in the best interest of both parties.

So in other words - he was paid 100k to do nothing.

That's something Joe the Plumber can relate to.

100k to do NOTHING?

MBAs coming out of top ranked schools start at $150,000 or more at private equity firms right out of school.

In finance, it's not a lot of money.

And in the real world the rest of us live in, getting paid 100k to do NOTHING is a lot of money.

But I understand the privileged have you conditioned to think getting paid to do nothing is 100% so long as you're rich.

Translation: "I'm jealous of Mitt Romney's success and therefore hate him and accuse him of being a bad person."

Keep selling Mitt as a leader and self-starter so successful he gets money for nothing.

I just wanna make sure I get this straight - you think its efficient for a private corporation, to pay someone executive compensation - to do nothing - just because he used to do actual work in the past?

First isnt that what government workers do, get paid for doing nothing, So you should be happy about this, he's working like a government official.

Second did Michelle Obama get the same thing with the hospital?

FactCheck.org : Michelle Obama’s Salary
And for 2007 (the year she actually started working part-time), her income was $103,633, according to the couple’s tax return for that year

I bet she worked really hard.....LOL Why do liberals always criticise people for doing what they do?

100k to do NOTHING?

and?

And the President earns 400k a year.

So if Mitt is elected, we can expect

(400k/100k) times NOTHING = NOTHING

him to do nothing I suppose.

100k to do NOTHING?

and?

And the President earns 400k a year.

So if Mitt is elected, we can expect

(400k/100k) times NOTHING = NOTHING

him to do nothing I suppose.

wear your helmet, corky.

How much has obama been paid to go on vacation?

So Romney can get paid 100k to do absolutely nothing.

But Obama shouldn't even get paid vacations.

Is that the standard you're using?

HOW'S THIS FOR CHANGE?

At the top right hand corner of Page 17 of the New York Post of January 24th, 2009, was a short column entitled "Replacing Michelle" in the National Review "The Week" column. I found this interesting, so here it is, word for word, as it appeared two days ago......

'Some employees are simply irreplaceable. Take Michelle Obama: The University of Chicago Medical center hired her in 2002 to run "programs for community relations, neighborhood outreach, volunteer recruitment, staff diversity and minority contracting."

In 2005 the hospital raised her salary from $120,000 to $317,000 - nearly twice what her husband made as a Senator.

Oh did we mention that her husband had just become a US Senator? He sure had. Requested a $1 Million earmark for the UC Medical Center, in fact. Way to network Michelle!

But now that Mrs Obama has resigned, the hospital says her position will remain unfilled. How can that be, if the work she did was vital enough to be worth $317,000?

We can think of only one explanation: Senator Roland Burris's wife wasn't interested.

--- The Editors of National Review, writing in the Magazine's Feb 9 issue.'

Ooh these poor right wingers. They understand so little and pretend to know so much.

There is probably not a single CEO in this entire country that makes a measly hundred thousand dollars. When they post a salary, they are required to show at least some money "changed hands", so they say "Minimum $100,000.00". That means he could have gotten paid a hundred millions dollars. Who knows? The only way we could find out is if we saw his tax returns.

Ooh these poor right wingers. They understand so little and pretend to know so much.

There is probably not a single CEO in this entire country that makes a measly hundred thousand dollars. When they post a salary, they are required to show at least some money "changed hands", so they say "Minimum $100,000.00". That means he could have gotten paid a hundred millions dollars. Who knows? The only way we could find out is if we saw his tax returns.

Which means you'll NEVER KNOW.... HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

How much has obama been paid to go on vacation?

HOW'S THIS FOR CHANGE?

At the top right hand corner of Page 17 of the New York Post of January 24th, 2009, was a short column entitled "Replacing Michelle" in the National Review "The Week" column. I found this interesting, so here it is, word for word, as it appeared two days ago......

'Some employees are simply irreplaceable. Take Michelle Obama: The University of Chicago Medical center hired her in 2002 to run "programs for community relations, neighborhood outreach, volunteer recruitment, staff diversity and minority contracting."

In 2005 the hospital raised her salary from $120,000 to $317,000 - nearly twice what her husband made as a Senator.
Wrong.

According to the couple’s 2006 income tax return, her salary was $273,618 from the University of Chicago Hospitals
Michelle Obama - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Sorry, is there a law against a woman making more than her husband that I wasn't aware of?
But now that Mrs Obama has resigned, the hospital says her position will remain unfilled. How can that be, if the work she did was vital enough to be worth $317,000?

Waiting for someone to leave to eliminate a position is hardly anything new to either the public or private sphere.

You seem to think that someone's wife working is somehow equivalent to Mitt Romney not working.

doobeedoobeedo said:

HOW'S THIS FOR CHANGE?

Wrong.

According to the couple’s 2006 income tax return, her salary was $273,618 from the University of Chicago Hospitals
Sorry, is there a law against a woman making more than her husband that I wasn't aware of?

Waiting for someone to leave to eliminate a position is hardly anything new to either the public or private sphere.

You seem to think that someone's wife not working is somehow equivalent to Mitt Romney not working.

fixed :thup:

doobeedoobeedo said:
HOW'S THIS FOR CHANGE?

Wrong.

You seem to think that someone's wife not working is somehow equivalent to Mitt Romney not working.

I forget that all black women are lazy welfare queens, my bad. If they have a job its because they cheated and they're really not doing anything. To believe otherwise in unamerican.

doobeedoobeedo said:
Wrong.

I forget that all black women are lazy welfare queens, my bad. If they have a job its because they cheated and they're really not doing anything. To believe otherwise in unamerican.

have you got anything besides the race card?

if obama was white, uc hospitals would have done the same thing, twit.

it's not about her color, it's about her perceived access to power through her husband.

you better study hard or 9th grade is gonna be tough on you.

tool

have you got anything besides the race card?

Have you got any other reason to presume she must not be working other than that you hate her?

if obama was white, uc hospitals would have done the same thing, twit.

it's not about her color, it's about her perceived access to power through her husband.

you better study hard or 9th grade is gonna be tough on you.

tool

Ahh! I got it. So we know she couldn't possibly have been working - because her husband was a Senator! So do all women who are married to Senators have jobs that they don't actually have to work in - or just the wives of Democratic Senators?

Is there any EVIDENCE she did no work - other than you say so?

We have EVIDENCE Mitt did no work - HE HIMSELF SAYS he had nothing to do with the company at that time! And we know Mitt doesn't tell a lie, right?

Forum List

Back