Seriously Mitt, you got paid 100k SALARY to do NOTHING?

Also, a Massachusetts financial disclosure form Romney filed in 2003 states that he still owned 100 percent of Bain Capital in 2002. And Romney’s state financial disclosure forms indicate he earned at least $100,000 as a Bain “executive” in 2001 and 2002, separate from investment earnings.
Mitt Romney stayed at Bain 3 years longer than he stated - Boston.com

If it is indeed true that Mitt had nothing to do with Bain capital in 2001 and 2002 - that means he was paid 100k salary to do nothing.

100k to do NOTHING?
Sorry but that beats even the most inefficient government employee! Looks like private business can indeed be less efficient than government!

"Despite months of negative advertising from Mr. Obama and his Democratic allies seeking to further define Mr. Romney as out of touch with the middle class and representative of wealthy interests, the poll shows little evidence of any substantial nationwide shift in attitudes about Mr. Romney."
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/19/u...ndercutting-obama-support.html?pagewanted=all

Except Romney wasn't a "former" CEO, he was the actual CEO according to documents he signed

Explain that one.

Explain it in a way that doesn't sound like total bullshit to the common man Mittens needs to reach out to in order to win.

Sure, that's easy. Your own words: "If it is indeed true that Mitt had nothing to do with Bain capital in 2001 and 2002 - that means he was paid 100k salary to do nothing."

Your own words.

If it is indeed true, as you said, then it makes sense.

So what you're telling me is, while technically and legally the companies CEO - he was actually only a paid spokesman - to the tune of 100k? Well do we have any evidence he actually executed the duties of his job as spokesman?

And tell me this - if Obama had been a paid spokesman for a company that was shipping American jobs overseas - would it look bad?

EDIT - and just out of curiosity, if your company retained such an ex-CEO to talk up the company - and I have no doubt that's done by many other companies, don't get me wrong - would he be paid as a sub-contractor, or would he be an actual payroll employee? I'm just curious - will be good to know when Mittens finally releases his taxes.

So what you're telling me is, while technically and legally the companies CEO - he was actually only a paid spokesman - to the tune of 100k? Well do we have any evidence he actually executed the duties of his job as spokesman?

Nope, sure don't, just a guess. He's a nationally-known figure, Bain is a big company, makes sense to me. I'd be very surprised if he did not allow himself to be connected to them in speeches, articles, ads, etc. That's the way it works. I'm not going to chase down proof, this just isn't that important to me.

And tell me this - if Obama had been a paid spokesman for a company that was shipping American jobs overseas - would it look bad?

I dunno. Shipping jobs overseas has been done for so long by so many companies in so many industries that I'm not sure how I could accurately make a comparative distinction. Those of us in the industry saw this coming in the late 90's. I don't know how someone can be singled out for something so monolithic, whether it's Romney or Obama.

EDIT - and just out of curiosity, if your company retained such an ex-CEO to talk up the company - and I have no doubt that's done by many other companies, don't get me wrong - would he be paid as a sub-contractor, or would he be an actual payroll employee? I'm just curious - will be good to know when Mittens finally releases his taxes.

Depends on the contract. It's very possible that he had just been kept on the payroll for any number of reasons. I don't know if he had formed an LLC, for example, to take 1099 payments. Neither would either surprise me nor would it be unusual.

I think we shut him up.
Sorta takes the thunder out of a claim when someone points out "your side" did something twice as bad.

Michelle Obama had TWO $100k jobs for doing nothing given to her as soon as her husband was elected Senator....no paybacks there I am sure - right?

So is this the new slogan of the Republican party:

"The Republican Party, not any worse than the Democratic Party!"

Yeah, good luck winning on that one! ...

Oh...so the slogan of the Democrat party is "we are a little worse than the Republican Party"?
Good luck with that also.

"You get your clothes from the toilet store" would have been a more logical reply.

Point is - at least with Mitt the company was one he still owned.
Michele Obama accepted TWO $100k golden appointment jobs within months of her husband getting elected Senator.
[/quote]

She took another job at the same hospital she was already working for.

And she served on the board of directors of a corporation.

I guess that doesn't count as work because ... why? You hate her?

I'm right, aren't I?

Also, a Massachusetts financial disclosure form Romney filed in 2003 states that he still owned 100 percent of Bain Capital in 2002. And Romney’s state financial disclosure forms indicate he earned at least $100,000 as a Bain “executive” in 2001 and 2002, separate from investment earnings.

If it is indeed true that Mitt had nothing to do with Bain capital in 2001 and 2002 - that means he was paid 100k salary to do nothing.

100k to do NOTHING?
Sorry but that beats even the most inefficient government employee! Looks like private business can indeed be less efficient than government!
Obamaturd got paid how much? He has done nothing but screw this country, so your point is worthless as usual.

Another moronic response from the robotic right.

100k to do NOTHING?

Certain bankers get paid MILLIONS in bonuses to run a company into the ground. Go figger.:D

Plus I think many are confusing Bain Capital with Bain company.

100k to do NOTHING?

"Despite months of negative advertising from Mr. Obama and his Democratic allies seeking to further define Mr. Romney as out of touch with the middle class and representative of wealthy interests, the poll shows little evidence of any substantial nationwide shift in attitudes about Mr. Romney."
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/19/u...ndercutting-obama-support.html?pagewanted=all

Why would the party of "what I know to be true in my heart" be swayed by "facts and evidence" ?

100k to do NOTHING?

Why would the party of "what I know to be true in my heart" be swayed by "facts and evidence" ?

Seems to me the scenario that Romney is following is "when your opponent is digging himself into a hole, get out of the way and let 'em keep digging."

100k to do NOTHING?

Are you accusing him of acting like Michelle Obama. He Built Bain, He had an interest in it. Good try though. :lmao:

Why is the OP so surprised by Romney making a few hundred thousand at Bain for essentially doing nothing? There are millions of people in this country receiving many thousands of taxpayer dollars every year for doing absolutely nothing. At least mitt was paid with private funds.

100k to do NOTHING?

Relax, OohPoo. The partner Ed, was on MSNBC and explained that when Romney left for the Olympics in 1999, they created a management team to take his place. An attorney negotiated a salary for Romney who still had the title of CEO whle they created this team and he was paid for the franchise value of the company he had helped create. All legal and in the best interest of both parties.

100k to do NOTHING?

Are you accusing him of acting like Michelle Obama. He Built Bain, He had an interest in it. Good try though. :lmao:

Excellent!

“In 2006, the Chicago Tribune reported that Mrs. Obama’s compensation at the University of Chicago Hospital, where she is a vice president for community affairs, jumped from $121,910 in 2004, just before her husband was elected to the Senate, to $316,962 in 2005, just after he took office.”
One of Obama’s Earmark Requests Was for the Hospital That Employs Michelle Obama - By Jim Geraghty - The Campaign Spot - National Review Online

And in return....

"Obama Requested $1 Million For Construction Of A New Hospital Pavilion At The University Of Chicago. In 2006, Obama requested that the University of Chicago receive $1 million to support its Construction of New Hospital Pavilion. For more than 75 years, the University of Chicago Hospitals (UCH) has provided state of the art medical care on the South Side of Chicago."
Sweet scoop: Obama, after initial refusal, releases all earmark requests. Read them here. UPDATES - Lynn Sweet

So.....is this 'crony capitalism' at its finest....

....or Chicago thug politics?

100k to do NOTHING?

MBAs coming out of top ranked schools start at $150,000 or more at private equity firms right out of school.

In finance, it's not a lot of money.

Forum List

Back