Seriously Contemplating Not Voting GOP

But if you don't get why voting to remove an actual Marxist from the White House is worth voting for him anyway, then you deserve what you get, go ahead and vote for "Johnson." But I will for the first time in 24 years be voting for the Republican and it will be with zero hesitation.

The idea that Obama is a Marxist is just as ridiculous as the idea that Romney is 'severely conservative'. The vast bulk of his policies are Bush hold overs and Romney will do likewise. Trying to pretend we have a choice is utterly delusional and nothing more than a diversion for sports fans.

Let's explore that.

Is there, in fact, a difference to us with Obamacare versus without Obamacare?

You are just being a petulant child, aren't you?

I'm a registered republican however it is difficult to find a republican running for office in a red state. Therefore vote for the most sane person available which is not some yo yo posing as republican.

My fiscal conservative republican father in law finally saw the light 3 years ago. After years of me telling him ...... his GOP party is dead. He has gone to work with Pennsylvania democrats and would never ever support
insane Santorum.

So basically he was a Rino anyways and none of us will miss him.

Republicans pol with a sense for politics tends to agree that this is not a good year to capture the Whitehouse and gave this election a pass

An extremist autocrat who ruled over 4 years of recession is a year to tank it? You're tripping. Obama's toast unless the Republicans fuck it up, which is unfortunately all too real a possibility. Santorum was your best shot at that given his endless idiotic statements. While I may not be thrilled with Romney, his dirty laundry is already out there. You're in serious trouble right now. But go ahead and sit on your hands and tell yourself it's OK, comrade Obama will 4 more years. You have 7 more months of happy delusion, make the most of it...

So it's all about beating Obama and repealing obamacare? No worries on the massive debt/deficit though....which is where this country isn't going to come back from. We're hemoraging daily and the big to do is oust the marxist and repeal one bill that will likely get shot down in the SC in June?

Wow. That's a massive amount of short sight.

They are just looking for a reset button to take us back to 2008 when everything was great.

Blame Bush much?

Let's explore that.

No. I'm trying to point out the obvious - that Romney won't make any substantial changes to Obamacare. Fear has you clinging to the idea he will, but you must know it's delusional. Fear-based voting is crippling our election process.

I'm so frustrated that Romney is going to be the nominee that I will just vote Johnson, even though that'll be good for Obama. Why let Romney take this country down and the republican party with him? Stupid liberals will only learn when they have no defense for the failures of their ideology and maybe that's what we will have to let happen. Romney is a RINO, and I am finding it difficult to even consider voting for him. Hate to sound defeatist but that's how I feel.

No disrespect to the regular folks who are supporting Romney, but can't you guys understand why some of us just plain don't trust him?

Who do you trust more? Romney and the Republicans or Obama and the Democrats? Or should I say trust least?

I trust Obama and the dems least. Ive snapped out of it. Meaning my ranting mood.

Last edited:
But if you don't get why voting to remove an actual Marxist from the White House is worth voting for him anyway, then you deserve what you get, go ahead and vote for "Johnson." But I will for the first time in 24 years be voting for the Republican and it will be with zero hesitation.

The idea that Obama is a Marxist is just as ridiculous as the idea that Romney is 'severely conservative'. The vast bulk of his policies are Bush hold overs and Romney will do likewise. Trying to pretend we have a choice is utterly delusional and nothing more than a diversion for sports fans.

Well, on one hand Obama supports all the planks of the manifesto. He just doesn't use the term planks of the manifesto, they are the planks of the Democratic party and reworded.

On the other hand you say it's "ridiculous."

Well done, you won that round...

Let's explore that.

No. I'm trying to point out the obvious - that Romney won't make any substantial changes to Obamacare.

You are of the opinion that Romney is lying about what he will do with Obamacare?

What are you basing this on?

No the polls did; the ones that show the gender gap wide and widening; the likeability factor wide and widening, the fact that any support he gets from other republicans looks to be tacit at best....take your pick out of all of those.

Obama can still lose if he has gaffes and fumbles. Romney is in it so he can win it; just like a lottery if you buy a ticket. He bought a ticket. But his odds of winning are only slightly better.

Pffft.....I wouldn't put a whole lot of faith in the polls seven months away from the election with a fractured GOP. once the wounds start to heal within the GOP and Romney and Obama start to debate Romney's numbers will improve dramatically.

I'm a registered republican however it is difficult to find a republican running for office in a red state. Therefore vote for the most sane person available which is not some yo yo posing as republican.

My fiscal conservative republican father in law finally saw the light 3 years ago. After years of me telling him ...... his GOP party is dead. He has gone to work with Pennsylvania democrats and would never ever support
insane Santorum.

So basically he was a Rino anyways and none of us will miss him.

I know Merrill from another site, don't buy anything he says.

I'm so frustrated that Romney is going to be the nominee that I will just vote Johnson, even though that'll be good for Obama. Why let Romney take this country down and the republican party with him? Stupid liberals will only learn when they have no defense for the failures of their ideology and maybe that's what we will have to let happen. Romney is a RINO, and I am finding it difficult to even consider voting for him. Hate to sound defeatist but that's how I feel.

No disrespect to the regular folks who are supporting Romney, but can't you guys understand why some of us just plain don't trust him?

You want two more Obama Supreme Court justices?

How many decades could they be mucking things up?

Edit: never mind. Blue Phantom already covered it.

Last edited:
You are of the opinion that Romney is lying about what he will do with Obamacare?

What are you basing this on?

His lips are moving.

More importantly, he fundamentally agrees with the goals and policies of Obamacare. He's said so repeatedly. He forced it on the people of his own state and clearly doesn't think that we, as individuals, have a right to not buy insurance.

The most Romney will do is repackage Obamacare to make it constitutional and shove it on us anyway. This is exactly what Obama will do when the Court strikes it down. But here's the thing:

If the Court does strike it down, Republicans will bitterly oppose Obama's efforts to keep it alive. Gridlock will take the day an we will be spared a really horrible law. If Romney wins, not so much. He'll change things just enough to pass constitutional muster, and we'll be stuck with it.

You want two more Obama Supreme Court justices?

Many would rather be petulant children and waste their vote because Romney does not fullfill every demand of their particular ridged ideology.

Those of us on the right and center have many competing ideas on how to fix things and we need to not miss seeing the forest because of the few trees obstructing our view.

So Romney's not even going to bother entertaining any of our ideas, but we should vote for him?

Yes, because Obama will do such grievous harm that our ideas will be dead for several generations.

Ron Paul is not the nominee. Ron Paul is not going to be elected. This is pure fact.

You will have either Romney or Obama. Obama will continue to wage hot war on civil rights and will appoint SCOTUS justices like Elena Kagan.

I am supposed to accept that as your answer?

I guess the rest of my post used too many big words for you?

I am just not going to let you blow off the point and spin off into some other obfuscation.

Better luck next time.

It was a joke, moron. You're ignoring the rest of the post because it nails why it's a total waste of time, or worse, to vote for Romney. Because you're going to do it anyway out of ignorant fear.

PHP:
So Romney's not even going to bother entertaining any of our ideas, but we should vote for him?

Yes, because Obama will do such grievous harm that our ideas will be dead for several generations.

Ron Paul is not the nominee. Ron Paul is not going to be elected. This is pure fact.

You will have either Romney or Obama. Obama will continue to wage hot war on civil rights and will appoint SCOTUS justices like Elena Kagan.
Yeah, it'd be a huge mistake to let that happen just to prove a point.

Thanks for the smack upside the head. I needed it.

You too Sniperfire.

I guess the rest of my post used too many big words for you?

I am just not going to let you blow off the point and spin off into some other obfuscation.

Better luck next time.

It was a joke

Untrue. It is your entire justification for claiming there in no difference between the two candidates.

You are telling us Romney is lying about his election platform, yet you have no basis for making such a claim.

Forum List

Back