Seriously Contemplating Not Voting GOP

LockeJaw

VIP Member
Mar 18, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
I'm so frustrated that Romney is going to be the nominee that I will just vote Johnson, even though that'll be good for Obama. Why let Romney take this country down and the republican party with him? Stupid liberals will only learn when they have no defense for the failures of their ideology and maybe that's what we will have to let happen. Romney is a RINO, and I am finding it difficult to even consider voting for him. Hate to sound defeatist but that's how I feel.

No disrespect to the regular folks who are supporting Romney, but can't you guys understand why some of us just plain don't trust him?

I'm so frustrated that Romney is going to be the nominee that I will just vote Johnson, even though that'll be good for Obama. Why let Romney take this country down and the republican party with him? Stupid liberals will only learn when they have no defense for the failures of their ideology and maybe that's what we will have to let happen. Romney is a RINO, and I am finding it difficult to even consider voting for him. Hate to sound defeatist but that's how I feel.

No disrespect to the regular folks who are supporting Romney, but can't you guys understand why some of us just plain don't trust him?

It's not about trusting Romney, it's about getting rid of Obama.

That's important, vital.

I don't like Romney, but Obama is a cancer - he is death to the free Republic.

"I totally suck but I'm better than Obama" will be the Romney campaign slogan.

Romney claims a lot of things, but he also flip flops. Which means he can't be trusted to do what he says. He's also a neoliberal.
So I can understand your concern, lockejaw.

That's important, vital.

So you don't think we could come back from Obama?

Repealing the Patient Protection and Affordable Care act, and enacting the Ryan Budget would be the two most seismic conservative changes in government in perhaps your lifetime.

All the Paulites can go pout and beat off in the corner, or they can help make it a reality.

I'm not a Paulite. I was for Santorum out of what was offered, I'd rather have Newt over Romney. Repealing Obamacare is the top priority, and I just don't think Romney will push for it like he says he will.

It's just a messed up situation all around.

That's important, vital.

If Romney wins, he wins twice, not only is he president but the people who voted for him will expect nothing from him except to not be Obama. He gets to skate through his term with no unreasonable expectations of results.

I'm a registered republican however it is difficult to find a republican running for office in a red state. Therefore vote for the most sane person available which is not some yo yo posing as republican.

My fiscal conservative republican father in law finally saw the light 3 years ago. After years of me telling him ...... his GOP party is dead. He has gone to work with Pennsylvania democrats and would never ever support
insane Santorum.

Last edited:

That's important, vital.

So you don't think we could come back from Obama?

Quite likely if he continues, coming back from obama at least economically might take generations. And, that assumes no more marxists voted into office for all those generations.

So it's all about beating Obama and repealing obamacare? No worries on the massive debt/deficit though....which is where this country isn't going to come back from. We're hemoraging daily and the big to do is oust the marxist and repeal one bill that will likely get shot down in the SC in June?

Wow. That's a massive amount of short sight.

Romney claims a lot of things, but he also flip flops. Which means he can't be trusted to do what he says. He's also a neoliberal.
So I can understand your concern, lockejaw.

The more I find out about him, the less I like him. And I wonder how all of these conservatives are supporting him with the things we know about him?

I was gung ho for just casting the anti-Obama vote until yesterday when I sat and thought about what it is this country needs. And we might have to let the inevitable happen so these Obamabots wake up.

I'm remaining open to supporting him but it's kind of hard to see how different he'd be than Obama in many areas.

So it's all about beating Obama and repealing obamacare? No worries on the massive debt/deficit though....which is where this country isn't going to come back from. We're hemoraging daily and the big to do is oust the marxist and repeal one bill that will likely get shot down in the SC in June?

Wow. That's a massive amount of short sight.

They are just looking for a reset button to take us back to 2008 when everything was great.

That's important, vital.

If Romney wins, he wins twice, not only is he president but the people who voted for him will expect nothing from him except to not be Obama. He gets to skate through his term with no unreasonable expectations of results.

That is baseless.

Forum List

Back