Serious?

I don’t know. Lots of kids show up for Saturday detention. Quite a lot of my kids show up for completely voluntary Saturday tutoring. I think it could be made to work.

The school I am sitting out in front of right now has a pretty long waiting list of parents trying to get their kids signed up and it only meets on Saturdays.

Don't get me wrong, I like the idea and I think it would be beneficial to teacher and students. I'm just saying that there will be a significant push from Jewish-American people and people that don't want to (or can't) get their kids to school on the weekends.

Also, I'm curious on exactly what you're suggesting, as well. Are you saying to add to the 180 days of instructional time, or are you say reorganize the time to include weekends? I ask because money will become an issue as well if you're suggesting to add more time. I know that my school district just had a rally in April demanding Sisolak to raise teacher's wages, despite the fact that the fucker just got into office. I didn't go, because the union is fucking stupid and said the government had the money and they weren't spending it (LMFAO!!!), but I knew that wasn't true and that they'd have to take some kind of action that would hurt others in order to come up with that money. And it looks like they're raising teachers wages by cutting from Sped... again... less ID classes. And that's just Clark County School District. If every school becomes required to add more instructional time, it would mean more money spent on teacher salaries, and where is that money going to come from? Who is getting the cut in other states? Are they going to raise taxes for the money? Or are the kids just going to have a longer summer break?

EDIT: Minor corrections

Don't get me wrong, I like the idea and I think it would be beneficial to teacher and students. I'm just saying that there will be a significant push from Jewish-American people and people that don't want to (or can't) get their kids to school on the weekends.

Also, I'm curious on exactly what you're suggesting, as well. Are you saying to add to the 180 days of instructional time, or are you say reorganize the time to include weekends? I ask because money will become an issue as well if you're suggesting to add more time. I know that my school district just had a rally in April demanding Sisolak to raise teacher's wages, despite the fact that the fucker just got into office. I didn't go, because the union is fucking stupid and said the government had the money and they weren't spending it (LMFAO!!!), but I knew that wasn't true and that they'd have to take some kind of action that would hurt others in order to come up with that money. And it looks like they're raising teachers wages by cutting from Sped... again... less ID classes. And that's just Clark County School District. If every school becomes required to add more instructional time, it would mean more money spent on teacher salaries, and where is that money going to come from? Who is getting the cut in other states? Are they going to raise taxes for the money? Or are the kids just going to have a longer summer break?

EDIT: Minor corrections

Teacher pay in one state is not tied to that in any other state. Pay in one district is not tied to that in the neighboring district. That’s not how it works.

There is more than enough fat in every state and local budget to fund 10 times what it would cost to have school on Saturday, but it might be interesting to make just the Saturday sessions similar to a private school where attendance would be voluntary and parents would pay for that particular portion. It would be very interesting to compare outcomes Of those who attended the Saturday session and those who did not.

Forum List

Back