Serious Thread Topic: Can Terrorism Really Be Stopped?

Who gives a shit? Who wrote the bible? And, more importunately, why?
Well, the Bible was either written as a method for God to reach out to save humanity, or it was written to tick off leftists. Probably both.
Or it was written to indoctrinate persons into leading a better lifestyle by installing an authority figure so advice came with a dose of “or else”.
Christianity has no "or else" in it. Again you show your ignorance of the faith. Christians sin multiple times every day. Me, Billy Graham, the Pope. We all sin.

It's about the struggle to not sin because we know the sacrifice God made in the effort made so we could be with Him.

Apparently you never heard of “hell”.

Clearly he is faux believer, aka, a charlatan who tells others what to do/believe and not what he does.
Sweet, sweet irony. If only you had an ounce of self awareness.

Please, do tell me what verse in the Bible is being used to murder women and children .

Well, the Bible was either written as a method for God to reach out to save humanity, or it was written to tick off leftists. Probably both.
Or it was written to indoctrinate persons into leading a better lifestyle by installing an authority figure so advice came with a dose of “or else”.
Christianity has no "or else" in it. Again you show your ignorance of the faith. Christians sin multiple times every day. Me, Billy Graham, the Pope. We all sin.

It's about the struggle to not sin because we know the sacrifice God made in the effort made so we could be with Him.

What do you define as a sin?

If there is no "or else", why are hell and purgatory part of a Christian pedagogy?
You know what sin is.

Apparently you never heard of “hell”.
Hell is only for those that refuse Gods offer - believe in my Son. That's it. Simply believe.
I have no problem with freedom of choice, do you?

Yes…”or else”…if you don’t believe; poof eternal damnation.

Pretty big “or else” if you ask me. Of course nobody asked; that would require curiosity which is just about as hated as the right as much as Hillary.

Getting back to the topic at hand though.

So what you’re saying is the support network is what determines if something is Terrorism or no? That would mean San Bernadino, the Boston Massacre Bombing and Dylan Root’s actions are not terrorism then; right?

comparing "radical Islam" to "radical Christianity" is fallacious

seriously - Christians are not chopping off heads or perpetuating suicide attacks with mass support from an organized group

does not happen

If I believe that homosexual activity is a sin & express that view, or vote for people that would make it illegal =/= Islamic jihad

it's not in the same universe; yet, many on the left seek to draw moral equivalency - makes you look foolish and it makes it hard to take you seriously

I made an effort to answer OP without being argumentative; however, there IS one more thing.

We need to find a way to come together & agree on a solution.

Rhetoric like you are spewing in this quoted post serves to make that more difficult

we need to identify the actual problem & unite in an effort to slow it down & make it more difficult

talking about the Crusades or Timothy McVeigh or the Westboro Baptist Church (which is a hateful group, but still nowhere NEAR as bad as Jihadists) is counterproductive

So what would you call the OKC attack if it wasn’t terrorism?
McVie was not a Christian - his own words.

You don’t need to tell me. his actions proved it.
The same way a true muslim wants no part of beheading people, blowing people up, etc…

How would you define "true" Muslims? I find that interpretation rather interesting as true MuslIm culture treats women as property to stone under shariah law, if the men feel they have (in any way) been dishonored. Perhaps you are in fact referring to the "refined" Muslims, adapted to the customs and living among a nation that believes in women's rights and individual liberty without religious persecution? The two in fact are hardly the same.

“true” was probably a bad choice of words. “Average” would be better.

The “true” Chrisian would kill someone for working on the Sabbath if they follow the Bible.
The “average” Christian would probably be working on Sunday if their job required it.

So the definition is a Muslim who accepts that the Koran is no more to be taken literally than the Bible.

So here we go, trying to bring "justification" to what eastern Muslims customs currently still follow through shariah law, by what some Jewish followers had done generations ago in the old testimont era. Obviously you never read the Bible, otherwise you would have known Christians was a mockery term given by non believers for those who followed their Messiah Jesus. It was Jewish law ( the Torah ) through the Pharisees that believed in stoning someone for certain sins like adultry. The disciples ( "Christians" ) didn't follow that path, they embraced a new teaching of compassion which among other reasons is why it's called the NEW Testament. "True Christians", as you like to attempt to make that comparison, don't follow violence. You really should get your terminology and religious customs in order before you begin making comparisons.

And the left cheers because Trump's travel ban has been thwarted again! My gawd!
It's worthless POS ban. It's also unconstitutional.

It's not unconstitutional as the 9th district court based their decision on President Trump's campaign rhetoric, not on the wording used in the executive order. The decision set new precedence from the most over turned court in the nation, that fact should render a clue as to their knowledge of the Constitution.

There is also no produced evidence to give credence that the executive order as written is proven to be religious discrimination, the liberals really need to have an a educated knowledge as to what a complete religious bias against a particular group strictly on the basis of their faith is, before they start using terms like discrimination and unconstitutional. You really don't have a clue.

Last edited:
A real Reformation can happen. The problem is that there are too many people outside of the religion who are willing to enable and tolerate the jihad because it suits their political/ideological agenda.

As horrific as that is, that's what we're dealing with.

Again, problem isn't their religion, it's our foreign policy.

now I'm not sure how old you are, but I'm old enough to remember the 1970's, when the guys we didn't like in the ME weren't' "Jihadists", they were guys like Qadafi and Assad's father and Saddam and Nassir who had secularists philosophies that aligned them with the USSR, and the Zionists had us absolutely convinced that we needed to be against these guys bcause they were against Israel and the oil companies wanted to keep the oil flowing.

Today--- well, after we created Al Qaeda and ISIS and all the other Jihadists by funding them, we are now whining about them.

Foreign policy is not the root cause. Muslim culture in the Mideast which believe in shariah law have been intolerate of those who reject their belief for the Christian faith a lot longer than that. Those that convert to such a faith within a predominantly Muslim nation have faced persecution and beheadings, there is a big hatred towards any that practice another form of religion in the Mideast region of the world. The surrounding nations also have never accepted Israel as a rightful people deserving of a country of their own, they don't acknowledge their existence due to their chosen faith which contradicts their Muslim beliefs. Foreign policy is just a deflection to the bigger issue.

A real Reformation can happen. The problem is that there are too many people outside of the religion who are willing to enable and tolerate the jihad because it suits their political/ideological agenda.

now I'm not sure how old you are, but I'm old enough to remember the 1970's, when the guys we didn't like in the ME weren't' "Jihadists", they were guys like Qadafi and Assad's father and Saddam and Nassir who had secularists philosophies that aligned them with the USSR, and the Zionists had us absolutely convinced that we needed to be against these guys bcause they were against Israel and the oil companies wanted to keep the oil flowing.

Today--- well, after we created Al Qaeda and ISIS and all the other Jihadists by funding them, we are now whining about them.

Foreign policy is not the root cause. Muslim culture in the Mideast which believe in shariah law have been intolerate of those who reject their belief for the Christian faith a lot longer than that. Those that convert to such a faith within a predominantly Muslim nation have faced persecution and beheadings, there is a big hatred towards any that practice another form of religion in the Mideast region of the world. The surrounding nations also have never accepted Israel as a rightful people deserving of a country of their own, they don't acknowledge their existence due to their chosen faith which contradicts their Muslim beliefs. Foreign policy is just a deflection to the bigger issue.
Those who hate this country will look for any excuse to blame it.

Those who hate this country will look for any excuse to blame it.

No, it's called freedom of speech. You don't support ring just because your country does it. If we want to begin stopping terrorism, then we focus on our number 1 threat as determined by our Dept.of Homeland Security and that is white supremacists and white national organizations. But these groups are not on the terror watch list.

Forum List

Back