“serious stain on Israel law books, because it authorises theft and robbery“

Wow. Unbelievable. Outright and unabashed theft of private property.

And reported by the LYING LEFT WING RAG that see's its circulation numbers drop every week. It has never posted a truthful article yet in regards to Israel

Any documentation of private ownership of the Amona land?

It is my understanding that the Courts will have the ability to overrule this. And thus far the Supreme Court has been (slow) but extremely clear that Amona must be dismantled. And I would agree entirely with that decision.

Hardly theft unless you consider all urban renewal projects to be theft also. Israel always offers compensation to anyone who loses land in this way.

Hardly theft unless you consider all urban renewal projects to be theft also. Israel always offers compensation to anyone who loses land in this way.

If you take it against their will, yes - it's theft, even with recompense (which is often far less than market value).

BUT - There's a huge difference between taking land for other people's private homebuilding - and taking land for needed infrastructure.

One is truly morally wrong. The other, is harsh even with recompense but I can understand the necessity.

Last edited:
So, who holds what deeds to this "private property" Israel is stealing?

I believe the courts have settled this issue and not in favor of the settlers. Sounds like they aren't the ones who hold the deeds.

And the ridiculous continues...

Even Netanyahu 'opposes' the bill...

Israeli ministers vote in favour of legalising outposts
No, what is ridiculous is continuing to claim that Israel's communities in Judea and Samaria are an obstacle to peace or a final status agreement. US policy under President Trump no longer considers them so.

President-Elect considers a lot of things but that hardly makes those considerations legalistic, informed or even doable.

So, who holds what deeds to this "private property" Israel is stealing?

I believe the courts have settled this issue and not in favor of the settlers. Sounds like they aren't the ones who hold the deeds.

It is my understanding there are 6 Palestinian families who cultivated the land upon which Ofra and Amona stand and as such it was registered to them as miri land. (Land technically owned by the sovereign, but with a permanent leasehold which could be registered, transferred and inherited.) Normally, if I understand correctly, miri land is considered private land according to Israeli law and therefore not subject to non-voluntary transfer. The Supreme Court, rightly, has required the outpost to be dismantled and the residents to be relocated and the land return to its private owners. Unfortunately, the courts have made this determination multiple times over the past fifteen years, and it still has not been accomplished. My understanding was that until 2014 there had not been a final determination on the legal ownership of the land. This has now been accomplished and the ownership was found by the courts to be private Palestinian land. The final removal date for the outpost is December 25, 2016.

While I am not opposed to settlements in Area C (aka people of various ethnicities moving into the area) and while I certainly don't believe that settlements should be a barrier to peace (though I recognize that they are due to the vile Arab desire to live in a Judenrein State) -- it is most certainly morally incorrect to abscond land owned privately by individuals so people of another ethnicity can live there.

If you take it against their will, yes - it's theft, even with recompense (which is often far less than market value).

BUT - There's a huge difference between taking land for other people's private homebuilding - and taking land for needed infrastructure.

One is truly morally wrong. The other, is harsh even with recompense but I can understand the necessity.

Under the Oslo agreements, which have been endorsed by most western countries and the UN, Israel is the governmental authority in area C unless and until a further agreement is reached. All over the world urban renewal programs seize land, including homes, from mostly poor people who are most often minorities to build homes and shopping for wealthier people who are most often white. So if you condemn urban renewal projects around the world, it is legitimate to condemn this bill, but if you don't condemn this kind of action elsewhere, then your condemnation of this bill is illegitimate.

No, what is ridiculous is continuing to claim that Israel's communities in Judea and Samaria are an obstacle to peace or a final status agreement. US policy under President Trump no longer considers them so.

President-Elect considers a lot of things but that hardly makes those considerations legalistic, informed or even doable.
Actually, it does. Trump will set a new US policy that will recognize the undivided city of Jerusalem as the capital of Israel, move the US embassy there and dismiss the notion there is anything illegitimate about Israel's communities in Judea and Samaria and the notion such communities are obstacles to a final agreement.

,, what is ridiculous is continuing to claim that Israel's communities in Judea and Samaria are an obstacle to peace or a final status agreement. US policy under President Trump no longer considers them so.

Actually, it does. Trump will set a new US policy that will recognize the undivided city of Jerusalem as the capital of Israel, move the US embassy there and dismiss the notion there is anything illegitimate about Israel's communities in Judea and Samaria and the notion such communities are obstacles to a final agreement.

Trump has come up with a lot of crazy ideas, MOST will never be implemented!

Fortunately the rest of the world has more sense than 50% of Americans and would not accept Jerusalem as an undivided capital of Israel...

Even if Trump DID set a US policy, the president elect is a laughing stock in politics and has weakened the US position in the world... The rest of the world would just point and laugh!

We just have to be grateful that there are still some sane people in the world!

,, what is ridiculous is continuing to claim that Israel's communities in Judea and Samaria are an obstacle to peace or a final status agreement. US policy under President Trump no longer considers them so.

Trump has come up with a lot of crazy ideas, MOST will never be implemented!

Fortunately the rest of the world has more sense than 50% of Americans and would not accept Jerusalem as an undivided capital of Israel...

Even if Trump DID set a US policy, the president elect is a laughing stock in politics and has weakened the US position in the world... The rest of the world would just point and laugh!

We just have to be grateful that there are still some sane people in the world!
The whole world will take US policy very seriously because there is no other country that carries the clout of the US. People like you said the same things about Reagan when he became president, but he soon changed the world for the better. If you paid attention and were able to understand Trump's agenda, which seems unlikely from your posts, you would realize that he is likely to also change the world again for the better.

Forum List

Back