Serious scenario facing Obama in the presidential race of 2011.

I forgotten all about Geithner's tax problems.

Maybe it is because he paid off what he owed?? And considering that I once owed the IRS extra due to problems filing, I do not hold that over anybodies head.

Tell us when you catch Barney Franks soliciting Pages or Kucinich cheating on his wife!! Or Obama having midnight rendez-vous with sketchy male prostitutes in the Whitehouse. That will stick in my head!!

Problems with taxes can happen. Let's say you are in a divorce and husband comes up with an idea of making child support called 'unallocated support'. Now you owe government taxes on $50k a year, though you aren't working. Takes a great accountant two years to undo that damage, meanwhile you are trying to make the tax payments.

Or like what you said about having filing problems.

Nope, the folks under question chose to either not file or underfile, just like Rangle and Dodd.

Franks already is up to his neck with conflict of interests with ex-lover's job. BTW, they didn't become 'ex' until lover left position. Kucinich I agree, is just short of sainthood. He's a liberal loon, but very much to my knowledge, committed one.

Now, we all know that Obama has some serious baggage at this point. The two most heavy pieces of luggage being Van Jones and ACORN. This CANNOT be disputed, although you Obamabots will spin and deflect until the cows come home on this issue.
Besides the GOP candidates and eventual nominee, it is HILLARY who is going to benefit most from Obama's baggage.
Why you say?
Well, two reasons. Number one being, Hillary and Obama can't stand each other. This also cannot be disputed. Number two, Hillary and William Jethro still feel an entitlement is due them to occupy the oval office.
Hillary WILL run again, and she still has many in the DNC in her corner. She's still very popular among a large number of dem's and independents, particularly women.
Now, Hillary is sitting back right now thinking, "i'm just going to sit back, do my job, and keep my mouth shut. I've got this incompetent SOB right where I want him." William Jethro is thinking the same exact thing.
Factor in the GOP candidates, along with Hillary and William Jethro, and it becomes quite clear that Obama is nothing more than a one term failure.
Any thoughts?

I really think that she will resign soon, she is probably getting pretty tired of having her mouth taped shut and locked in a closet. Why she ever accepted that position I don't know. She had alot more power and influence in the senate.

Now, we all know that Obama has some serious baggage at this point. The two most heavy pieces of luggage being Van Jones and ACORN. This CANNOT be disputed, although you Obamabots will spin and deflect until the cows come home on this issue.
Besides the GOP candidates and eventual nominee, it is HILLARY who is going to benefit most from Obama's baggage.
Why you say?
Well, two reasons. Number one being, Hillary and Obama can't stand each other. This also cannot be disputed. Number two, Hillary and William Jethro still feel an entitlement is due them to occupy the oval office.
Hillary WILL run again, and she still has many in the DNC in her corner. She's still very popular among a large number of dem's and independents, particularly women.
Now, Hillary is sitting back right now thinking, "i'm just going to sit back, do my job, and keep my mouth shut. I've got this incompetent SOB right where I want him." William Jethro is thinking the same exact thing.
Factor in the GOP candidates, along with Hillary and William Jethro, and it becomes quite clear that Obama is nothing more than a one term failure.
Any thoughts?

One of the most clueless political analysis I've ever seen.

First- Election is in 2012

Second- Outside of Fox News watchers, NOBODY cares about Van Jones and Acorn. You might as well bring up the impact the birthers will have. Real Americans care about issues like the economy, the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, jobs, healthcare...

Third- Hillary will not run against Obama, it will kill her chances of ever being President. I see a more likely scenario of Biden stepping aside and letting Hillary be VP

Fourth- The republicans do not have a candidate. As much as they hate to admit it, McCain was their best available candidate in 2008. They did not have a superstar waiting in the wings. Romney is their best available option and Romney will never get Boss Limbaughs approval.

Fifth- If the best you can offer up at this point is ACORN and Van Jones, the party is doomed. If the republican plan is to run their usual guns, abortion and gay platform, they will be soundly defeated. They need to appeal to the middle. Rush Limbaugh is not your friend
Spot on sir, spot on!

The only thing worse than a beating is a beating that came out of nowhere and you didn't expect.

The Republicans are in for BOTH come 2012.

And I can't WAIT!

LOL!!!

We don't have viable candidates? you better think again, Newt Gingrich, Pawlente, Palin, Mit Romney, Jindahl, and probably a few surprises like Reagan when he took Carter down before the polls closed in California. You can count on it.

Last edited:
People who are truly interested in campaigns and want to be educated voters know when the actual campaign starts.

Others, like yourself I assume, simply believe the campaign begins summer 2012...you know...when the debates are on.

I'm sitting here on a beautiful afternoon three years out from the next presidential election and a year out from congressional races. Clearly, I'm someone who follows this constantly.

Then I must ask...why did you cirticize us for discussing a campaign that takes place in 2011?

To me, the primaries are the most important time. It is when partisanship is not a role player.....real issues are.

Read the title. "Presidential race of 2011". The election isn't in 2011.

If the market is above 10,000 and unemployment below 6.5, Obama is virtually untouchable.

Clinton had a much improved economy in '96, yet got fewer electoral votes than he did in '92.

See a similar scenario with Obama. He could very well win again, but by a smaller margin and face a defiant Congress that turns term#2 into 4 years of frustration that will make his hair as white as Clinton's.

Clinton got 379 electoral votes in 1996 after getting 370 in 1992.

Moderate voters already have serious "buyer's remorse". When the economy still sucks in 2012 (and it will) , Obama will join Jimmy Carter as another one term failure.

If the market is above 10,000 and unemployment below 6.5, Obama is virtually untouchable. The proported baggage is just wishful thinking.
Now, if the ecomony has not recovered to that point, the GOP chances still hinge on finding a good enough challenger. Romney is probably the best hope, then maybe Pawlenty .... but either of them would have to come a long way even if the economy re-tanks.

and in a nutshell ... there you have it.....

now if the banks and big business decide to hunker down and do nothing of consequence between now and the end of 11.....won't that pretty much be the end of president o....

funny thing...i spent the morning speaking with several of these types of folks.....and they all said ...there is no incentive to give him four more years.....so they are all going to hold pat.....which is why he created cash for clunkers and probably will extend home buyer tax credits.....

he is going to try and get the consumer to move this economy rather than incentivize bussiness to do it.....

well bussinesses create jobs and take risk and make shit that people want.....

which means obama and company are going to have to try to tax and spend their way out of this ....... should be interesting....

One of the most clueless political analysis I've ever seen.

First- Election is in 2012

Second- Outside of Fox News watchers, NOBODY cares about Van Jones and Acorn. You might as well bring up the impact the birthers will have. Real Americans care about issues like the economy, the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, jobs, healthcare...

Third- Hillary will not run against Obama, it will kill her chances of ever being President. I see a more likely scenario of Biden stepping aside and letting Hillary be VP

Fourth- The republicans do not have a candidate. As much as they hate to admit it, McCain was their best available candidate in 2008. They did not have a superstar waiting in the wings. Romney is their best available option and Romney will never get Boss Limbaughs approval.

Fifth- If the best you can offer up at this point is ACORN and Van Jones, the party is doomed. If the republican plan is to run their usual guns, abortion and gay platform, they will be soundly defeated. They need to appeal to the middle. Rush Limbaugh is not your friend
Spot on sir, spot on!

The only thing worse than a beating is a beating that came out of nowhere and you didn't expect.

The Republicans are in for BOTH come 2012.

And I can't WAIT!

LOL!!!

We don't have viable candidates? you better think again, Newt Gingrich, Pawlente, Palin, Mit Romney, Jindahl, and probably a few surprises like Reagan when he took Carter down before the polls closed in California. You can count on it.

Thats what I wanted to hear

Newt Gingrich- Crashed and burned in the late 90's . His personal baggage is impossible. Politically, he is a dinosaur

Pawlente- Al Franken makes a better candisdate from Minnesota. Could pull a VP nomination but lacks star power

Palin- I'd hoped you would pick this one. When a candidate becomes a punchline they lose credibility. Palin lost her credibility two weeks into the campaign. Why you guys take her seriously is beyond me. Dems ideal opponent

Bobby J- The Exhorsist?? His Howdy Doody speech doomed his chances on a national stage

Mitt Romney- make a good Democrat...appeals to the middle, Boss Limbaugh hates him. Right wing will destroy his chances

If Hillary runs again, I will vote for her again. ;)

Don't know if she'll be better than Obama, but until a third party solidifies she's worth a shot.

Palin- I'd hoped you would pick this one. When a candidate becomes a punchline they lose credibility. Palin lost her credibility two weeks into the campaign. Why you guys take her seriously is beyond me. Dems ideal opponent

I still say that anyone that hopes Palin could win needs to look at Indiana. The narrative on the right is that Conservatives voted for McCain because of Palin. You'd be hard pressed to find a more Conservative state than Indiana (Even the Democrats there run as Conservatives), and yet McCain couldn't carry Indiana, a SOLID Red state, even with Palin.

Exactly what states will Palin flip at the top of the ticket?

Bobby J- The Exhorsist?? His Howdy Doody speech doomed his chances on a national stage

He'll be lucky to keep the governorship of Louisiana at the rate he's going. If you're not following things in LA, his leadership style is absolutely terrible. When options are offered to the many financial woes of the state, Jindal says no and offers a sound bite. When asked for actual leadership, suggestions, etc, Jindal is no where to be found. Or if you can find him, he's off in Iowa trying to raise money to run for President.

He needs to improve a LOT in the next few years if he wants to keep his current job, much less run for President.

Mitt Romney- make a good Democrat...appeals to the middle, Boss Limbaugh hates him. Right wing will destroy his chances

I would have voted for Mitt, but with the Christian Right still in control on the GOP side, he can not win the Primary. Family members that are GOP were reading up a lot on the Church of the Latter Day Saints when he was a nominee and Bible studies on why Mormons were wrong were a popular topic.

Its sad because he's probably the closer to a Reagan that the GOP will see in a generation, and probably the only guy on their side that actually could have defeated Obama in the general and McCain in the primary.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back