Serious questions

1) Many conservatives hate the fact that Romney had Romneycare

(Must not hate it too much since he's leading the pack)

2) The opposition to Obamacare is still there BIG TIME

(More the individual mandate than anything which is weird since it promotes personal responsibility and was the wingnut's idea in the first place.)

3) He is not the nominee yet, though it seems liberals want him to be the opposition

(Why would you say that since he stands the best chance at beating Obama?)

4) No, the TP still has influence as a voice of a large group of people

The last statement I agree with but their influence is waning.

conservatives oppose Obamacare as it involves government in peoples lives.....not JUST becuase of the individual mandate...

Bullshit. Where in the hell are the "conservatives" on issues such as abortion, gay marriage, euthanasia, etc.?

It seems that you "so-called conservatives" very much want " government involvement in people's lives".

Government is government and I don't want any of it involving itself in my personal life.

Uh, your examples are where conservatives are protecting other humans from people like you. You see abortion kills another human, gay marriage affects the children, euthanasia kills the old/unwanted.

Now forcing Obamacare on people is affecting their freedom of choice that only affects them. If someone doesn't want to pay for insurance well then good luck on getting that brain cancer removed.

This is too deep for your shallow mind.

conservatives oppose Obamacare as it involves government in peoples lives.....not JUST becuase of the individual mandate...

Bullshit. Where in the hell are the "conservatives" on issues such as abortion, gay marriage, euthanasia, etc.?

It seems that you "so-called conservatives" very much want " government involvement in people's lives".

Government is government and I don't want any of it involving itself in my personal life.

When Obamacare was introduced, conservatives spawned the tea party to oppose it.

Now, you're about to nominate the guy who implemented the precedent for Obamacare as your nominee for President.

So what happened to the bitter opposition to Obamacare?
Why is Romney apparently the nominee when arguably his most important legislative achievement is something you bitterly opposed and presumably still do?
Does this mean that the tea party is now ineffectual as a political movement?

There was NO mandate in Romneycare. One could still have their own private insurance.

Romney is, as of this post, the only candidate likely to beat the dictator in chief...

When Obamacare was introduced, conservatives spawned the tea party to oppose it.

Now, you're about to nominate the guy who implemented the precedent for Obamacare as your nominee for President.

Why is Romney apparently the nominee when arguably his most important legislative achievement is something you bitterly opposed and presumably still do?

Except that the TEA Party was born during the Bush Presidency. So, your post is bullshit.

The Tea Party movement (TPM) is an American populist[1][2][3] political movement that is generally recognized as conservative and libertarian,[4] and has sponsored protests and supported political candidates since 2009.
Tea Party movement - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

OOOPS. Who was President in 2009? Bush? Perhaps you can post a link that shows that the tea party pre-dates the Obama administration? I'll wait while you don't.

Golly, it seems SOMEONE here IS full of bullshit. But it isn't me, is it?

You seem to have a problem with objective reality. That makes you a liar.
Which makes anything you say worthless.

Are you that fucking stupid????

Obamination came into office in January 2009.:lol::cuckoo:

Except that the TEA Party was born during the Bush Presidency. So, your post is bullshit.

The Tea Party movement (TPM) is an American populist[1][2][3] political movement that is generally recognized as conservative and libertarian,[4] and has sponsored protests and supported political candidates since 2009.

OOOPS. Who was President in 2009? Bush? Perhaps you can post a link that shows that the tea party pre-dates the Obama administration? I'll wait while you don't.

So you're saying that the tea party formed under Bush in January, 2009?

Then it should be EASY for you to prove it then, huh?

I'll wait while you don't.

Go on now. Run along and let the grownups talk.

1) Taking of an innocent life is not the same as forced participation in a commerce act
2) Many conservatives want government OUT of the marriage business all together except for taxation, inheritance, rights for health care choices (power of attorney), etc
3) I and many conservatives support a person's right to die.. I know I certainly hope my wishes are respected if I am some mindless vegetable with no hopes of recovery

that is spin of the truth...

Conservatives agree that the laws protecting the lives of people are required to maintain some sort of civility in our nation.

Certain people decided that they did not want to define abortion as murder. I agree with those people. But it is now a question of changing the time a person becomes a person in the eyes of conservatives....not getting them to agree that murder is OK for abortions. They are not seeking government in peoples lives...they are seeking government preserve what THEY BELIEVE is the law.

Conservatives are not seeking government to regulate marriage. Many see marriage between same sex couples should be deemed as marriage. Again, I agree. However conservatives seek to preserve the term "marriage" as it has always been defined....a rite between a amn and a woman. The debate is not about the "abnormality" of same sex bonds...it is about the traditional definition of marriage and changing that definition.

I suggest you spend more ime understanding the conservative side of the debate. Once you understand it, you will not be so bitter about it. You will disagree with it...as I do...but I most definitely respect their position.

There was NO mandate in Romneycare. One could still have their own private insurance.

Romney is, as of this post, the only candidate likely to beat the dictator in chief...

Yeah, let's replace an imagined dictator with a true dictator, aka a CEO.

I saw the surge of the Tea Party more of a reaction to elected officials refusing to represent the desires of their contingents, more than a reaction specifically to Obamacare, though that was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Couldn't give a shit what wiki says. My parents were members of the TEA Party long before Obama came into office.

Wiki is not the fount of all knowledge - as any rational human being will attest.

Yeah, let's replace an imagined dictator with a true dictator, aka a CEO.
when you live in a dictatorship, you can not simply say "this isnt for me" and leave on the next jet plane.

When you work for a company....you can leave anytime you want.

You hatred for capitalsim has you making silly analogies.

Couldn't give a shit what wiki says. My parents were members of the TEA Party long before Obama came into office.

Wiki is not the fount of all knowledge - as any rational human being will attest.

Well I certainly can't beat a PERSONAL ANECDOTE with mere LINKS TO CREDIBLE SOURCES. Clearly you have me outmatched intellectually by using the uncheckable example of what you say your parents did.

Comon...if the tea party were viable prior to 2009, you could go back and prove that it existed BEFORE the Presidency of Obama. I'm not asking you for much. Just to back up what you say.

"It is an established maxim and moral that he who makes an assertion without knowing whether it is true or false is guilty of falsehood, and the accidental truth of the assertion does not justify or excuse him."
-Abraham Lincoln

Gee, it appears that HONEST ABE is calling you a LIAR, doesn't it?

Better post some proof that the tea party started before 2009 and IDENTIFIED itself as the tea party or you'll only look more pathetic and ignorant, huh?

Last edited:

I'm guessing they are taking the bitter with the sweet on this one. Should be an interesting election season this Fall. I think Obama has it in the bag in a very close contest. There isn't any more love for Romney than there was in 2008. The base isn't as excited (yet) as it needs to be.

The funny thing is that Huntsman was the only one that was going to really be able to beat Obama in my opinion.

Romney is leaving a fractured party because he's too far left for most of the hard right. Huntsman (to Romney's right) but still to the left of the GOP hard right was properly positioned politically.

Aside from that advantage, he has the added benefit of recent high level experience in government--hell he's been employed in the last couple of years where Mittens doesn't seem to have a real job and hasn't had one for a while.

I believe you...TEA is an acronym. Most people who identify with the TEA party don't know that.

It's also true that the TEA party was around prior to Healthcare. Where the OP goes off the rails is using the "super bowl" touchstones of elections and major pieces of legislation. Like Tom Brady wasn't a good quarterback until he won a Super Bowl...

Obamination was sitting in the White House by the end of January 2009, not Bush.

So you're saying that the tea party formed under Bush in January, 2009?

Then it should be EASY for you to prove it then, huh?

I'll wait while you don't.

Go on now. Run along and let the grownups talk.

I guess she's not going to post anything backing up her contention.

I guess that makes her wrong and I'm right.
Which also means I've proven she's a liar or so lazy she won't defend herself from charges of being labeled a liar by taking 30 seconds to post backup.

Either way. Win for me.

From your own Wikipedia link:
The theme of the Boston Tea Party, an iconic event in American history, has long been used by anti-tax protesters.[24][25][26] It was part of Tax Day protests held throughout the 1990s and earlier.[27][28][29][30] More recently, the anniversary of the original Boston Tea Party was commemorated on December 16, 2007, by Republican Congressman Ron Paul supporters who held a fund raising event for the 2008 presidential primaries advocating an end to fiat money and the Federal Reserve System, disengaging from foreign entanglements in Iraq and Afghanistan, and upholding States' rights.[31][32][33]
Fox News commentator Juan Williams says that the TPM emerged from the ashes of Paul's 2008 presidential primary campaign.[34]
:lmao: Fucking moron.

Forum List

Back