Serious Question

CSM

Jul 7, 2004
Northeast US
I went to the Kerry website and took a look at Kerry's records posted there. It raised a few questions.

1) I thought Kerry had a 6 year commitment. If he joined in 66, sent back to the reserves in 69, where are the rest of his records? Total time served according to his records was three years.

2) Is it me or is the letter for his Bronze Star signed by John Lehman? John Lehman was not Secretary of the Navy until the 80s. Was Kerry's Bronze Star awarded by Lehman years after the fact? I know that is sometimes done, but did not know that was the case in this instance. I can't seem to find anything stating such.

3) If Kerry was actually still in the Navy reserve after 1969, where are his records indicating his service? He should have done 48 drills and two weeks a year, unless there were some circumstance I am unaware off.

CSM said:
I went to the Kerry website and took a look at Kerry's records posted there. It raised a few questions.

1) I thought Kerry had a 6 year commitment. If he joined in 66, sent back to the reserves in 69, where are the rest of his records? Total time served according to his records was three years.

2) Is it me or is the letter for his Bronze Star signed by John Lehman? John Lehman was not Secretary of the Navy until the 80s. Was Kerry's Bronze Star awarded by Lehman years after the fact? I know that is sometimes done, but did not know that was the case in this instance. I can't seem to find anything stating such.

3) If Kerry was actually still in the Navy reserve after 1969, where are his records indicating his service? He should have done 48 drills and two weeks a year, unless there were some circumstance I am unaware off.

All excellent questions and valid points. Not only is the media ignoring this, but so are a lot on this board. I have posted all the same stuff at one point or another only to have it go by without comment. I guess people really are just getting tired of this issue. The media is wearing us down and so people are reading about this, but just going, "oh well, what can we do". Sad.

BTW: In an interview, Lehman said he never recalls signing the award for Kerry and he said the added glorifying language, contrary to what the Kerry campaign says, was NOT Navy policy at the time.

I did not know this had already been discussed. Sorry.

I sure would like to get some answers on this however. If his records are wrong through some administrative mistake, so be it. If it is an intentional effort to decieve, that is another.

CSM said:

I sure would like to get some answers on this however. If his records are wrong through some administrative mistake, so be it. If it is an intentional effort to decieve, that is another.

I think it's a great question and I'd like to know the answers but I'm afraid we will never find out. Kerry is getting trashed so badly now that more exposure of the truth surrounding his service is almost overkill. I think more people prefer to go the Zell route to expose him.

dilloduck said:
I think it's a great question and I'd like to know the answers but I'm afraid we will never find out. Kerry is getting trashed so badly now that more exposure of the truth surrounding his service is almost overkill. I think more people prefer to go the Zell route to expose him.

You are probably correct. I am working on taking a look at his Senatorial voting record.

Another thing that gets me is how he was still in the Navy (technically, he was since he was in the reserves) when he made all those atrocities claims. I'll never understand how he was honorably discharged after what he said. This guy sums it up the best:

His service was uneventful at best, and questionable under scrutiny. He should be proud of his service every day that he walks free, not just when it’s politically expedient. His actions post-service were consistent with conduct unbecoming an officer (yes, he was still a reserve officer), and language reflecting on a superior (yes, it’s illegal to make subversive statements about the sitting President). He could have, and should have, been brought up on charges and court martialed. That would have put an end to the entire political debacle that he calls a career serving the country. Being a polished speaker, though it pains me to refer to him in that light, does not qualify him to lead this nation. Turning his back on his nation in a time of war is treason, and should not reward such behavior by electing him to the highest office in the country.

http://justoneminute.typepad.com/main/2004/04/airbrushing_joh.html
There also were some other good responses.

tim_duncan2000 said:
Another thing that gets me is how he was still in the Navy (technically, he was since he was in the reserves) when he made all those atrocities claims. I'll never understand how he was honorably discharged after what he said. This guy sums it up the best:

There also were some other good responses.

I guess (in my opinion) that if he cannot be trusted to uphold the oath he took as a Navy officer, how can we trust him to uphold the oath he would take as President? How could we, as a nation, believe anything he told us as President and more importantly how could any other nation believe what he told them?

I believe Kerry remained an officer of the USNR until 1978. He should have been discharged in '72, but it took him an extra six years to accumulate the necessary active service time.

britinusa said:
I believe Kerry remained an officer of the USNR until 1978. He should have been discharged in '72, but it took him an extra six years to accumulate the necessary active service time.

If that is true, then that REALLY opens a huge can of worms, doesn't it? You have to wonder why Kerry chose to make his military service one of the centerpieces of his campaign.

CSM said:

No need for an apology, I am GLAD you posted this again as it does deserve discussion. I was just making the point that no matter how much evidence mounts against Kerry in regards to his military record, this stuff isn't getting the legs I think it deserves.

In any event, I really ain't too worried. I am gaining more and more confidence every day that Bush is going to win on HIS merits and that is the way it should be anyway!

freeandfun1 said:
No need for an apology, I am GLAD you posted this again as it does deserve discussion. I was just making the point that no matter how much evidence mounts against Kerry in regards to his military record, this stuff isn't getting the legs I think it deserves.

In any event, I really ain't too worried. I am gaining more and more confidence every day that Bush is going to win on HIS merits and that is the way it should be anyway!

Agreed---tonights' a big night!

CSM said:

All good questions we should ask, but the media doesn't care to raise those issues, because the whole issue of Kerry's service isn't the issue. The issue they say, is the record of Bush. Ever since Kerry platformed on his service they made it clear for us that Bush must prove his record.

And harped on it until Bush signed over all records to the public domain, since that was the issue Kerry raised.

But since Kerry is still running on his service record and we shouldn't expect him to do the same, nor expect his records to be made public at all.

Does that make sense now?

Actually, we're not to question Kerry on his record at all now, because the media would inform us if that were important.

So Kerry runs on his military service and there is no public record.

So Bush is attacked on the non-issue and he is badgered until he signs it over.

And if that's assbackwards to you now, you can also see exactly how the media is intentionally fucking with us.

The Internet reveals the network news for the duplicious bastards they are, and they are scared about that. :fifty:

And harped on it until Bush signed over all records to the public domain, since that was the issue Kerry raised.
Hell, they're still harping on it even after he did that.

britinusa said:

At least he fulfilled his duty.

What's with the candidates getting out of the military early? Kerry gets out early due to 3 superficial wounds, Bush "works it out" with the TANG to get out 6 months early to go to business school. What the shit?

CSM said:
If that is true, then that REALLY opens a huge can of worms, doesn't it? You have to wonder why Kerry chose to make his military service one of the centerpieces of his campaign.

Because in the 30 years that followed Kerry has an even worse record.

nakedemperor said:
At least he fulfilled his duty.

What's with the candidates getting out of the military early? Kerry gets out early due to 3 superficial wounds, Bush "works it out" with the TANG to get out 6 months early to go to business school. What the shit?

What an idiot. Kerry didn't get out of the MILITARY because of his "wounds" he was only relieved of having to serve in a COMBAT zone. DOH!

Forum List

Back