Serious question for liberals

Most liberals, for starters, would like to know why so many gun rights extremists feel it's necessary to maintain loopholes in the background check laws.

Because when does liberalism ever stop? When has a liberal ever proposed an idea and said "If we get X, we will be happy!"

Oh, they may have said it repeatedly, but when was it ever practiced?

Women's rights.
Gun control.
Gay rights.
Minority rights.
Environmental control.
Tobacco usage.

Most if not all of these started out as one idea. If we just have X, that's all we want. When they finally get X, they soon advance to the next step.

So conservatives give in to X gun control. Yeah, that may be good for a couple of months; a year perhaps. But after that, then it's on to get Y gun control, then Z gun control.

That's a lot of typing to not answer the question.

Most liberals, for starters, would like to know why so many gun rights extremists feel it's necessary to maintain loopholes in the background check laws.

Because when does liberalism ever stop? When has a liberal ever proposed an idea and said "If we get X, we will be happy!"

Women's rights.
Gun control.
Gay rights.
Minority rights.
Environmental control.
Tobacco usage.

Most if not all of these started out as one idea. If we just have X, that's all we want. When they finally get X, they soon advance to the next step.

So conservatives give in to X gun control. Yeah, that may be good for a couple of months; a year perhaps. But after that, then it's on to get Y gun control, then Z gun control.

If you didn't get an answer from my response, then perhaps you're trying to multitask or something.

Women's rights.
Gun control.
Gay rights.
Minority rights.
Environmental control.
Tobacco usage.

If you didn't get an answer from my response, then perhaps you're trying to multitask or something.

The question was, why is it necessary to maintain loopholes in the background check laws.

Women's rights.
Gun control.
Gay rights.
Minority rights.
Environmental control.
Tobacco usage.

The question was, why is it necessary to maintain loopholes in the background check laws.

And the answer was that once you start doing that, liberals will soon want more gun control.

Women's rights.
Gun control.
Gay rights.
Minority rights.
Environmental control.
Tobacco usage.

And the answer was that once you start doing that, liberals will soon want more gun control.

So you want to keep a bad idea in place out of your paranoia.

Seriously, this is a question for liberals and I'd like honest answers. I would also like to win the lottery and probably have a better chance of the latter coming true.

So many libs want more gun control. Also, there is a proposal for neighborhoods to become more diversified, not just in color but in financial classes. Obama wants to integrate people by color. Recently, it was discovered that people living in rent-controlled housing were making well above the limit. One family was making over $400,000. The left said it's good for them to live among the poor because they are a positive influence.

Okay, so you liberals who are financially secure and desire more gun control should move to the south side of Chicago. That way, you will help improve the status of neighborhoods and you will get to live in a place where there is strict gun control. Win/win, right?

How many of you would seriously consider backing up the leftist ideas by moving?

Repeal the Tiahrt amendments? Yep. Longer sentences for weapon offenses? Yep.

Move to the south side? Pffttt.........not a chance in hell. The only way anyone is moving to the south side is after gentrification.

I moved from an island to Chicago.

This is how the wealthy move.
Bahama Descendants Fear Gentrification Will Force Them From Village

awe

When one reads the article you think that everyone was resigned to this fate. Only they don't mention the number of houses lost due to a huge hike in taxes. Slowly but surely they started taking over every thing. When I left, it was $2,000 for a two bedroom apartment. Houseboat row was removed because it was deemed not safe to live in them.
Key West Houseboat Holdouts Are Evicted

They recently killed the last of the affordable housing:
The Gentrification of Simonton Street Trailer Park - Key West the Newspaper

Where are all the people that the rich hire to do their dirty work to live?

Do I think putting section 8 housing next to a wealthy area is going to do anything? Nope. In fact, I laugh at it. I do, however, support affordable housing in any area that you hire the "lesser people" that do the work to make the sure that the wealthy live in their quaint little worlds.

Forum List

Back