Serious question about Iran

Mar 18, 2004
We obviously are in position to militarily act against the Iranian regime if they continue theor nuclear program. But my question is this: President Bush has remained quiet about Iran and North Korea and has said he doesn't "want any other invasions." He wants to be the "peace President" now.

I understand where he's coming from. He doesn't want to make things even more heated up because a war in Iran could politically hurt what we're trying to do in Iraq. It may hurt us to establish a democracy.

But my point is, when he gets re-elected... does he really want to go down as the President that went to war (although I agree with it) with the guy who didn't have WMDs (or not as much) and the guy who let two other rogue regimes obtain WMDs, let alone nukes?!

What are our options in Iran and North Korea excluding military action? How can we make sure they disarm and if not, there is regime change in that country?

I haven't seen Bush state that he is a "peace president" anywhere.

There is going to zero movement on anything until after the elections.

I think after all of the posturing is said and done, NK will eventually be bought off.

Iran is much more interesting, and I'm not sure how it'll play out. I'd like to see the Iranian revolution overthrow the mullahs, but they will need help. Whether this will come as covert action or a full out invasion.who knows?

I seriously doubt they will get their reactors built, the "fallout" from Israel, the US or ?? taking them out is far less dangerous then those crazy SOB's having nukes...........

encouraging civil unrest in Iran. Letting israel have their way in Syria. Raids to remove deployed weapons, destroying arms factories. Sanctions and blockades. None of that requires an invasion.

Forum List

Back