SERIOUS problem with where stimulus money is being spent!!1

punkmother

Rookie
Jul 24, 2009
so a while back everybody was up in a bitch over the stimulus money buying 2 lbs of ham and cheese. turns out it was a typo on the report and it was actually a ton of 2lb hams, and the usda released a memo describing the benefits. i was ok with that because they got a good price on the ham and it sounded like they had thought out the benefits, keep food banks operating, keep prices down, etc. anyhow, here is the list:

RECOVERY.GOV // AWARDED: $2,531,600 FOR ‘HAM, WATER ADDED, COOKED, FROZEN, SLICED, 2-LB’…
RECOVERY.GOV // AWARDED: $1,191,200 FOR ‘2 POUND FROZEN HAM SLICED’…
RECOVERY.GOV // AWARDED: $351,807 FOR ‘REPLACE AND UPGRADE THE DUMBWAITER’…
RECOVERY.GOV // AWARDED: $1,562,568 FOR ‘MOZZARELLA CHEESE’…
RECOVERY.GOV // AWARDED: $5,708,260 FOR ‘PROCESS CHEESE’…
RECOVERY.GOV // AWARDED: $16,784,272 FOR ‘CANNED PORK’…
RECOVERY.GOV // AWARDED: $1,444,100 FOR ‘REPAIR DOOR BLDG 5112′…
RECOVERY.GOV // AWARDED: $541,119 FOR ‘INSTALL TRAFFIC SIGNAL’…

do you guys see the real problem?

how bad was the fucking waiter that they need $351,807 to replace him or upgrade him? it can't take that much to send the fucking retard to training...or hire a new waiter. also, can you believe they straight out called the poor sap 'dumb' in a government release? jesus, i bet he feels great about life right now. luckily, i couldn't find anything that named him specifically. seriously though, federal money shouldn't be going to pay a private company
to train an employee. clearly everybody else completed their company-required training just fine since its a singular dumb waiter.

so a while back everybody was up in a bitch over the stimulus money buying 2 lbs of ham and cheese. turns out it was a typo on the report and it was actually a ton of 2lb hams, and the usda released a memo describing the benefits. i was ok with that because they got a good price on the ham and it sounded like they had thought out the benefits, keep food banks operating, keep prices down, etc. anyhow, here is the list:

RECOVERY.GOV // AWARDED: $2,531,600 FOR ‘HAM, WATER ADDED, COOKED, FROZEN, SLICED, 2-LB’…

how bad was the fucking waiter that they need $351,807 to replace him or upgrade him? it can't take that much to send the fucking retard to training...or hire a new waiter. also, can you believe they straight out called the poor sap 'dumb' in a government release? jesus, i bet he feels great about life right now. luckily, i couldn't find anything that named him specifically. seriously though, federal money shouldn't be going to pay a private company
to train an employee. clearly everybody else completed their company-required training just fine since its a singular dumb waiter.

This is a joke right? You don't really think that the dumbwaiter in question is actually a stupid person do you?

you're making a joke, right?

USDA Hits Back at Misleading Stimulus Reporting
13 comments Posted by Stephanie Condon
(CBS/iStockphoto)The U.S. Department of Agriculture today called out the Drudge Report for its misleading criticism of federal stimulus spending -- clarifying that the government did not spend $1,191,200 for one two-pound ham.

Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack released a statement in response to postings on Drudge. Several government contracts funded through the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act were linked to on the site with headlines such as, "Awarded: $1,191,200 for '2 pound frozen ham sliced.'"

"Press reports suggesting that the Recovery Act spent $1.191 million to buy '2 pounds of ham' are wrong," Vilsack said in the statement. He explained the description of "2 pound frozen ham sliced" referred to the packaging size and that the USDA in fact purchased 760,000 pounds of ham for $1.191 million, at a cost of approximately $1.50 per pound. The food is being distributed to food banks, soup kitchens and other local organizations that assist the needy, via the state-run Emergency Food Assistance Program.

"This program will help reduce hunger of those hardest hit by the current economic recession," Vilsack said.

Read full post…

Stimulus Bill posts - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Last edited:

Forum List

Back