? Serious Conspiracy Theorist Question ?

No. That's a colorblindness test. I've taken several of those for FAA physicals.

I was talking about these ones:

wf_magic_eye_3d_small.jpg

Like looking at a fucken brick wall.

Exciting stuff.[he says while looking for another glass of rum]
More rum, and your eye focus may be just right to see something other than the wall. ;)

I see a big W...without rum.

How is it that the same thing can mean different things. How is it that I filter information and see positive things and others negative or vice versa.

Parapsychology
Two Brains, Or 'The Two Modes Of Consciousness"!
By ColinWilson

Oddly enough, the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body the left arm and leg and vice versa. The same applies to our eyes, though in a slightly more complicated fashion! (Each of our eyes is connected to both halves of the brain, the left side of each eye to the right brain, the right side of each eye to the left brain.) In the 1930s, scientists wondered whether they could prevent epilepsy by severing the corpus callosum also called the 'commissure' (a bridge of mass nerve fibers that connects the two halves of the brain), to prevent the 'electrical storm' from spreading from one half of the brain to the other. In fact, it seemed to work. And, oddly enough, the severing of the 'bridge' seemed to make no real difference to the patient. However, sometime later and when Dr. Roger Sperry in 1950 began investigating 'split-brain' patients, he made the interesting discovery that they had, in effect, turned into two people!
Everything we have seen so far indicated that the surgery has left each of these people with two separate minds, that is, with two separate spheres of consciousness. For example, one split-brain patient tried to button up his flies with one hand, while the other hand tried to undo them. Another tried to embrace his wife with one hand, while his other hand pushed her violently away, as if his conscious love for his wife was being opposed by an unconscious dislike! We all do this, one way or another, from time to time.! And the irony is that, we are not split-brain patients, or are we!
Sperry made his most interesting discovery about the eyes of split-brain patients! If the patient was shown an apple with his left eye and an orange with his right and asked what he had just seen, he would reply 'Orange'. Asked to write with his left hand what he had just seen, he would write 'Apple. Asked what he had just written, he would reply 'Orange. It would prevent one half of the brain learning what the other half knew. If a split-brain patient bumped into a chair or a solid object with the left side of his body controlled by the right brain hemisphere, the 'silent partner' the patient was unable to 'verbalize' his complaint -to 'voice' it! The left-brain controlling language, talking, did not seem to register or 'feel' it, and therefore, failed to - or didn't respond! Naturally, the 'right brain' cannot talk! Not only did the split-brain operation give the patient two separate minds it also seemed to restrict his identity, or ego, to the 'left side'

Add to the above, that attitudes often control perceptions, particularly the complex judgemental results, even more so when social grouping goes on, and suddenly it is clear the a great deal of everything in the conspiracy world is built on beliefs.

Beliefs can be controlled somewhat by how we get our info. Speaking is always left brain processed whereas reading and writing might be done completely right brain.

Perhaps the basis for accepting the development of the internet by DARPA as a plus to global corporate interests and the post 9-11 disinfo PSYOPS.

Some beliefs can be substanciated and are consistent with patterns that have historical veracity. Those appear useful and often have prominent vital social counterparts.

Some beliefs can be substanciated and are consistent with patterns that have historical veracity. Those appear useful and often have prominent vital social counterparts.

So take the tests, can't hurt or are you afraid some truth lies hidden in them and you don't want to see it?

How is it that the same thing can mean different things. How is it that I filter information and see positive things and others negative or vice versa. We were recently at a dinner party and one person gave the usual interpretation of anything they found offensive as a purposeful but hidden plan of government. There was no other explanation for any negative event in the spokesman's mind. Many agreed, other kept quiet.

Why is that? In polite company you often have to grid your teeth and mind, nod, and scream later when far away from people. This leads me to a few questions:

Whether it is 911 conspiracy or the Glenn Beck sort or the Sarah Palin kind or the usual USMB type, why do you all think or is it feel this way? 911 is the extreme, the media is out to get me is the minor, the government has plans to change the nation is another and very common.

When I read these views each day, I wonder sometimes if it is not our minds that cause these differences. So why, what makes you believe in the more conspiratorial - any theories - and are you left or right brained? Comments?

Right Brain vs Left Brain Creativity Test at The Art Institute of Vancouver

Hemispheric Dominance Test determine if your left or right brain hemisphere is dominant
Left Right* Hemisphere Brain Processing

PS I tend to the ....

Great questions and great thread! Sorry if I am late to the party, bear with me if I go over things already covered...

As much as I like the idea of such a test, and enjoy taking them to see what I get. We cannot take any of them as gospel or even accurate in regards to the human psyche. They are like most sciences, not infallible and most assuredly just a good theory for the time being. But all that aside, they are a fun way to figure out who you might be...

My job requires a a battery of tests similar to these, before one can even be considered. The reason is it takes a certain kind of person who can work with all sorts of potentially odd but none the less effective personalities. And in my particular area they want to make sure a candidate has proper number and pattern recognition abilities.

it was years ago and the tests have changed a bit I am sure, but as I recall I was almost 50/50. I was only 19 at the time and I was told in a person that age it was particularly odd. All I knew was as a child I was very good in most sports, despite only being 5'8" and 160 lbs at my biggest. I could switch hit, and use either foot equally. When my dad trained my older brother and I to box, I would often switch stances and lead hands without thinking. This infuriated my father, because he felt it was not boxing LOL... Anyway I was told by the examiner this type of thing is common amongst individuals with equal or nearly equal left/right brain dominance.

The examiner also explained that individuals with this also often show a marked ability in number and pattern spotting. Due to their lack of internal favoritism to either emotion or logic. They are like a blank slate when data is presented in most aspects. A handy ability to have in todays media.

however this type of thing has some serious drawbacks as well. Things like compartmentalization can become a real problem, and creativity can be hampered by bouts of mental block and OCD is almost a given at some point in their life.

THe OCD part is already here LOL. But if its kept in check no worries. Creativity hampered? Well I paint and draw a lot as well as write from time to time so thats under control. mental blocks? HUH???? LOL, no not really not yet anyway... Compartmentalization? Well thats a big one. THis is a double edged sword really. It allows a person to set aside personal preference, morality, and ethics to do a task needed. But it also can allow a person to deny responsibility and self involvement to a dangerous level if unchecked. People with this ability can multi-task like a machine, and keep trains of thought and ideas across multiple plans if they exercise it. However if its used improperly, or abused we can get politicians LOL....

Anyway, as far as this relating to conspiracy theories, I have to say the largest portion of people who truly believe in the more outlandish ones would most likely have to rely on the emotional side of the brain. I mean how else could so many highly illogical theories be perpetuated any other way? I also feel extreme religious folk tend to rely on that side as well.

Either way, its still a theory, and as such could be wrong in a couple of years...:lol: Great thread and thanks for the deep thoughts...:lol::lol:

....Anyway, as far as this relating to conspiracy theories, I have to say the largest portion of people who truly believe in the more outlandish ones would most likely have to rely on the emotional side of the brain. I mean how else could so many highly illogical theories be perpetuated any other way? I also feel extreme religious folk tend to rely on that side as well....

My wife has OCD, it is minor but sometimes frustrating. The good aspect to it is things get done and being a teacher she tolerates no nonsense and get excellent test results in math, a tough subject.

I often test slightly right brained but I agree these tests are just that and need to be taken with a grain of salt. I redid the first one in initial post above and the way you graded your answer often confused me as I try to be totally honest and sometimes we choose what we think is the right answer. This time I scored slightly left. LOL

Thanks for reply, the topic fascinates me and since the last election the virus seems to have spread.

"Three can keep a secret, if two of them are dead." Benjamin Franklin

....Anyway, as far as this relating to conspiracy theories, I have to say the largest portion of people who truly believe in the more outlandish ones would most likely have to rely on the emotional side of the brain. I mean how else could so many highly illogical theories be perpetuated any other way? I also feel extreme religious folk tend to rely on that side as well....

My wife has OCD, it is minor but sometimes frustrating. The good aspect to it is things get done and being a teacher she tolerates no nonsense and get excellent test results in math, a tough subject.

I often test slightly right brained but I agree these tests are just that and need to be taken with a grain of salt. I redid the first one in initial post above and the way you graded your answer often confused me as I try to be totally honest and sometimes we choose what we think is the right answer. This time I scored slightly left. LOL

Thanks for reply, the topic fascinates me and since the last election the virus seems to have spread.

"Three can keep a secret, if two of them are dead." Benjamin Franklin

Glad to see your wife making it work for her.... And as far as the "virus spreading" I agree 100%.... Not only spreading but evolving as well into new forms....

Forum List

Back