Serious ass covering for Kerry

Comrade

Jan 9, 2004
Seattle, WA.
"Democrat John Kerry joked about President Bush's weekend bicycle accident by comparing the president to a child, Internet newshound Matt Drudge reported yesterday."

"Kerry told reporters in front of cameras, 'Did the training wheels fall off?'

Kerry, presenting himself mature adult ready to take the helm of leadership of America, may be among the few public figures of late to have actually gone "Off Record" while on camera, among jounalists, and in a public forum.

"The Record" remains a hollowed tradition of the elites, a binding vow of silence at one moment and a hidden tape recorder the next. While the conditions for establishing "The Record" vary, juvenille, spitefull comments from a leading Democratic candidate are very difficult to secure, depending entirely upon the maturity and respect of the presentation.

http://washingtontimes.com/national/20040523-112924-2653r.htm

Interviewed by The Washington Times yesterday, Kerry spokeswoman Stephanie Cutter would say only that the words Mr. Drudge reported were "off the record."

And the Washington Times said Fuck you.

Mr. Drudge said the debate among reporters over the on-camera "training wheels" remark has been "whether to treat it as on or off the record."

Hear this! Or not. Official Kerry-Speak, or just some stupid bullshit of his in person. Hmmm... the dillema.

Fortunately, A.P. was first to determine the actual "On the Record" version and report the words Kerry meant to say.

In comments reported by the Associated Press, Mr. Kerry said, "I hope he's OK. I didn't know the president rode a bike."

Wow, jeez, I'm so concerned and golly it's interesting that he
rides bikes. Whodathunkit?

In other news of this offhand, casual, perhaps even playfull comment, the New York Times has none.

Nothing. Nada. Zip.

Assholes.

Originally posted by tim_duncan2000
It was off the record but he was on camera. Hmmmmm.

That should indicate to us all how comfortable the left is with feeling like THEY control the media.

Originally posted by Palestinian Jew
I thought the comment was pretty funny.
It might have been funny, but shouldn't Kerry be "above" making such childish comments based on his supposed stature? It sounded more like a "playground" comment than a comment that should come from somebody that is running for president of the most powerful nation on earth.

It would be funny coming from Jay Leno, Dave Letterman or Comedy Central. But to hear it from a grown man not in comedy, who is trying to run for president of this country, don't you feel that that is very immature?

And yes this is yet another example of media bias. If Bush or any leading Republican had said this, it would be front page news on every newspaper and top story headline on CNN, MSNBC and ABCNews.

bush at least fell off his bike while actually mountain biking off rode. kerry fell off his bike on the perfect clean streets over in concord. he hit a "bit of sand" and he fell. kerrys seems to fall a lot: off bikes,while snowboarding,riding buses and planes.

Originally posted by Lefty Wilbury
bush at least fell off his bike while actually mountain biking off rode. kerry fell off his bike on the perfect clean streets over in concord. he hit a "bit of sand" and he fell. kerrys seems to fall a lot: off bikes,while snowboarding,riding buses and planes.
He must have two LEFT feet! :D

Originally posted by freeandfun1
He must have two LEFT feet! :D

zing! :laugh:

all public figures have leaked a bit here and there, bush calling that reporter an asshole when the mic was on and the camel comment (can't remember exactly), reagan saying the bombing begins in 5 minutes, I'm sure nixon had a few but I'm feeling too lazy at the moment to compile a list of offhand remarks by politicians :)

Forum List

Back