Series on the Premium Channels

Sarah G

When Nothing Goes Right, Go Left
Mar 4, 2009
NW Ohio
Thought I'd start this to see how it goes. Sometimes I miss the start of some series so if you hear of one post it here.

Tonight, House of Lies on Showtime at 10:00. This is one of my personal favs, love Don Cheadle and Kristen Bell.

Don't know how many knew this but Showtime was free this weekend. Check it out for the rest of the day anyway.

Tonight, House of Lies on Showtime at 10:00. This is one of my personal favs, love Don Cheadle and Kristen Bell.

Don't know how many knew this but Showtime was free this weekend. Check it out for the rest of the day anyway.
HBO-Game Of Thrones
Cinemax-Banshee.....The Knick....Strike back....
Starz-Black Sails...Da Vinci's Demons
Showtime-Episodes.....Gigolos.....Masters Of Sex....Nurse Jackie....Ray Donovan....Shameless....

Don't know if you're into the Marvel Comic Heroes, but Dare Devil starts on Netflix sometime soon.
Also, House of Cards.
I fell in love with House of Cards last year. I binge watched the first two seasons and can't wait for the third.

I also watched Orange is the New Black. It took me a little while to get into it but I like it now.

Here's a new one for HBO you guys might like. I believe it is only 6 episodes but it's called The Jinx, starts February 8:

The Jinx: The Life and Deaths of Robert Durst

One of the most anticipated television events of 2015, it was announced today by Michael Lombardo, president, HBO Programming. Directed and produced by Andrew Jarecki and produced and shot by Marc Smerling (the Oscar® nominees behind “Capturing the Friedmans”), the six-part documentary series exposes long-buried information discovered during their seven-year investigation of a series of unsolved crimes, and the man suspected of being at its center – Robert Durst, scion of New York’s billionaire Durst family – and was made with his full cooperation. THE JINX will debut exclusively on HBO in Feb. 2015.

Brilliant, reclusive and the subject of relentless media scrutiny, Durst has never spoken
publicly – until now. During exclusive interviews with Jarecki, he talks with startling candor, revealing secrets of a case that has baffled authorities for 30 years. Long suspected in the 1982 disappearance of his beautiful young wife in New York, the 2000 murder of the key witness in the case in Beverly Hills, and the subsequent murder and dismemberment of a neighbor in Galveston, Tex., Durst has consistently maintained his innocence, and remains a free man today.

This unprecedented documentary event tracks Jarecki as he develops a relationship with Durst, unearthing thousands of pages of hidden documents, police files, key witnesses, never-before-seen footage and private prison recordings.

“Andrew and Marc have done a brilliant job weaving a story that is both a character study and thrilling murder mystery. It literally kept me on the edge of my seat,” said Lombardo. ”I am thrilled that this amazing film has found a home on HBO.”

“What occurs in this series is so unique, there is no home for it other than HBO,” says Jarecki. “Over the seven years in which we pursued the story through all its unexpected revelations, uncovering the truth became an obsession. Now the audience can watch it unfold in front of them as it did for us.”

THE JINX: THE LIFE AND DEATHS OF ROBERT DURST marks Jarecki and Smerling’s second collaboration with HBO, following the landmark documentary “Capturing the Friedmans,” which was presented theatrically and televised by HBO. The series is co-produced and edited by Zac Stuart-Pontier, who previously worked with the filmmakers on “Catfish,” and executive produced by Jason Blum of Blumhouse, whose previous HBO credits include “The Normal Heart.”

HBO The Jinx The Life and Deaths of Robert Durst About the Show

The Knick

I was a big fan of the daytime soap opera "General Hospital" (ABC), so I really appreciate the populism-signals presented on the new 'medicine-playhouse' series "The Knick" (Cinemax), and I think Clive Owen is a TV-flexible celebrity.

:afro:

The Knick - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

the-knick(cinemax).jpg

There's a good movie coming to HBO on April 16. The Confirmation.

Judge Clarence Thomas' nomination to the United States' Supreme Court is called into question when former colleague, Anita Hill, testifies that he had sexually harassed her.

Greg Kinnear plays Joe Biden, he was in a lot of movies but one I liked was As Good As it Gets with Jack Nicholson.

Forum List

Back