Serial killer claims to have killed Nicole Brown Simpson

konradv

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 23, 2010
Baltimore adjacent
Criminal profiler Anthony Meoli, who exchanged dozens of letters with Glen Rogers and visited him on death row, said Rogers explained to him that O.J. Simpson had hired him to break into his ex-wife's condo to steal diamond earrings he had given her.
"Glen told me that O.J.'s instructions were that 'You may have to kill the bitch,'" Meoli said. "Those were his exact words."

Documentary: Serial killer, not O.J., killed Simpson and Brown - CNN.com

I was wondering if this could change the charge from 'murder' to 'murder for hire'. Regardless, double jeopardy would probably still apply.

Criminal profiler Anthony Meoli, who exchanged dozens of letters with Glen Rogers and visited him on death row, said Rogers explained to him that O.J. Simpson had hired him to break into his ex-wife's condo to steal diamond earrings he had given her.
"Glen told me that O.J.'s instructions were that 'You may have to kill the bitch,'" Meoli said. "Those were his exact words."

If this is true Simpson can be tried for conspiracy.

I was wondering if this could change the charge from 'murder' to 'murder for hire'. Regardless, double jeopardy would probably still apply.

You really have no idea how double jeopardy works in this country, do you?

There's the publicity problem. I don't think you do either. You a lawyer?

I don't need to be a lawyer to know that double jeopardy doesn't work the way it is supposed to.

Does the Supreme Court Believe in Double Jeopardy Protections? - Andrew Cohen - The Atlantic

You really have no idea how double jeopardy works in this country, do you?

I don't need to be a lawyer to know that double jeopardy doesn't work the way it is supposed to.

Does the Supreme Court Believe in Double Jeopardy Protections? - Andrew Cohen - The Atlantic

Don't think that applies. Different issues are involved. That was about jury instructions, while OJ's would be about publicity.

Don't think that applies. Different issues are involved. That was about jury instructions, while OJ's would be about publicity.

Some people just don't get it.

The 5th Amendment of the Constitution of the United States says "No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation."

Do you see anything in there about it being unless the issues are such that you actually understand them? In fact, do you see anything in there about it being unless there is a mistrial?

Didn't think so. SCOTUS has basically ruled that the Constitution doesn't say what it says, and they have carved out so many exceptions to the rule against trying someone twice that prosecutors can actually charge you with a crime you were found not guilty of simply by changing the jurisdiction from state to federal. The simple fact is that OJ was never tried for conspiracy to commit murder, so he can be tried for it if the LA Districat Attorney decides to do so.

The 5th Amendment of the Constitution of the United States says "No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation."

Do you see anything in there about it being unless the issues are such that you actually understand them? In fact, do you see anything in there about it being unless there is a mistrial?

Didn't think so. SCOTUS has basically ruled that the Constitution doesn't say what it says, and they have carved out so many exceptions to the rule against trying someone twice that prosecutors can actually charge you with a crime you were found not guilty of simply by changing the jurisdiction from state to federal. The simple fact is that OJ was never tried for conspiracy to commit murder, so he can be tried for it if the LA Districat Attorney decides to do so.

No, I don't. You're basing this analysis on your own prejudices against the system. I'm basing mine on some knowledge and what I've heard. The bottom line is, we're both not lawyers and I'd like to hear from one. Your snarkiness isn't in any way a substitute for actual knowledge.

If that is all true, OJ is complicit in Nicole Brown Simpson's demise.

However, I think there are details not disclosed to the public that might show the serial killer to be either fraudulently linking himself to the slayings or not, but lying in order to procure attention whore self-adulation.

Last edited:

However, I think there are details not disclosed to the public that might show the serial killer to be either fraudulently linking himself to the slayings or not, but lying in order to procure attention whore self-adulation.

Or a few more days of life, since he's already on death row in Florida and would probably love to be extradited to CA for a trial.

This is probably the more likely story.

Or a few more days of life, since he's already on death row in Florida and would probably love to be extradited to CA for a trial.
Death row? I thought he was just implicated in a complex burglary and got 15 years or some such.

Death row? I thought he was just implicated in a complex burglary and got 15 years or some such.

I was talking about the serial killer, not OJ.

No, I don't. You're basing this analysis on your own prejudices against the system. I'm basing mine on some knowledge and what I've heard. The bottom line is, we're both not lawyers and I'd like to hear from one. Your snarkiness isn't in any way a substitute for actual knowledge.

My prejudices against the system have nothing to do with the fact that conspiracy to commit burglary and murder are two different crimes. The fact that you don't get that is what makes this so pathetically hilarious.

Ya right... the FBI and every police force in the country is looking for every serial killer alive but OJ just runs out and hires one just like that.

What are the chances?

Forum List

Back