Sergeant at eye of storm says he won't apologize

Why should he apologize? He asked the man to provide i.d. that it was in fact his house. The man refused and started accusations of racism. Of course the officer needs proof it is indeed his house. This case is so fucking stupid and what makes it worse is Obama even taking the time to comment on the case without knowing any of the facts. Way to run with your choke out Mr. President.

[Obama says police acted 'stupidly' in arrest

WASHINGTON – President Barack Obama said Wednesday that police acted "stupidly" in the arrest of prominent black scholar Henry Louis Gates Jr. and that despite racial progress blacks and Hispanics are still singled out unfairly for arrest.
"This still haunts us," Obama said.
Obama called Gates a friend, and said he doesn't know all the facts of the case. Nonetheless, Obama said, anyone would have been angry if treated the way Gates claims police in Cambridge, Mass., treated him. Gates, a Harvard University professor, claims he was arrested in his home after showing ID to police who responded to a report of a possible burglary.
"Cambridge police acted stupidly in arresting somebody when there was already proof he was in own home," Obama said during a prime-time news conference that otherwise focused on the health care debate.
Gates' arrest followed a report of a possible burglary. A woman apparently saw Gates force the front door and called police. Police came and demanded that Gates show identification. Gates was arrested shortly afterward for alleged disorderly conduct, a charge that was dropped Tuesday.
"What I think we know separate and apart from this incident is that there's a long history in this country of African-Americans and Latinos being stopped by law enforcement disproportionately," Obama said. "That's just a fact."
That disparity is a reminder that "race remains a factor in the society," Obama said.

Obama says police acted 'stupidly' in arrest - Yahoo! News

I'm sorry but this incident is not national news in my opinion. And certainly did not warrant an apology from the black mayor, it was not enough to upset the black governor and not worth the black president commenting that the police acted stupidly for investigating a possible home burglary.

Gov. Deval Patrick, who is black, said he was troubled and upset over the incident. Cambridge Mayor Denise Simmons, who also is black, has said she spoke with Gates and apologized on behalf of the city, and a statement from the city called the July 16 incident "regrettable and unfortunate."

Obama 'stupidly' comment disappoints Mass. cop - Yahoo! News

The officer doesn't need to apologize for being a racist.
He should be reprimanded for making a totally unnecessary arrest all because his widdle feewings were hurt by being called a racist.

He should be reprimanded for making a totally unnecessary arrest all because his widdle feewings were hurt by being called a racist.

Explain to me how the officer is a racist. As I understand it, the officer responded to a call about a possible break in and was greeted with accusations of racism. So please tell me what legitmate purpose did Gates have for making such an outragious accusation?

It's my opinion that Gates is the racist as most blacks are.

I think he should have pepper sprayed him. Why carry that stuff around if you aren't going to use it?

Explain to me how the officer is a racist. As I understand it, the officer responded to a call about a possible break in and was greeted with accusations of racism. So please tell me what legitmate purpose did Gates have for making such an outragious accusation?

Where do I say the officer is a racist?
What he is is an officer that can't handle being called names.

"The officer doesn't need to apologize for being a racist."

That would be like me saying you don't need to apologize for being an idiot.

"The officer doesn't need to apologize for being a racist."

That would be like me saying you don't need to apologize for being an idiot.
Sounds like you agree with me then. :lol:

A police report of the incident written by Officer Carlos Figueroa, who responded to the call with Crowley, says Crowley was already in the house when he walked in. The report says Crowley had asked Gates for some identification and Gates shouted that he would not give any information and called the sergeant a racist.

Cambridge Police Officer To Obama: Butt Out of My Arrest - Political News - FOXNews.com

Its plain to see who the racist is here and the ass hole in office defending show that he to is racist.

Simple question to show id and the black started ...

Forum List

Back