Sequester: Teaparty won big! Weaker Military, huge job cuts

What'd they do? cut spending by half of one percent? Both sides look ridiculous. They actually cut education and research rather than real spending trends. Obama acted like chicken little.

Maybe they can now actually deal with the debt by cost containment to entitlements and closing loopholes to get revenue.

Why is it revenue needs to continually be increased? They take in 2.5 trillion they want to spend 3.5T. They take in plenty now, let them be like everyone else and live within their budget. I don't think they'll be happy till they get 100% of everyone's income, then that still wont be enough. Each president and congress feels it needs to spend more that the last guy then spread any cuts over 10yrs, well after they leave office so it wont be in their term. They are all a bunch of crooks and think were all idiots, and they are probably right because we keep putting up with it instead of throwing them all out.

Why the hell is the left so fearful of a bunch old farts who carry around a copy of the Constitution? The Tea Party is only a loosely organized bunch of people who try to get the best republican candidates, something like communists and the democrat party. In a more just world when the media wasn't playing pocket pool with the president the words "I am not a dictator" that the president whined just before he signed the spending cuts would resonate as long as Tricky Dick's "I am not a crook".

I agree.

Those on the left have a big problem with anyone who wants smaller Govt and spending under control.

This sequester bs is nothing more then cuts to future spending. Future spending?? When? Ten years from now with a new POTUS and Congress who don't have to abide by past bills??

Its a bunch of bullshit.

As for those furloughs?? Hell They could furlough half the Govt in DC and no one would notice. With the exception of the military there are way to many Fed employees. Fed employees who don't get fired, layed off or lose their jobs. Hell. Get rid of a few. Let them have to deal with being unemployed and looking for a job. Cushy Fed job gone? Cry me a fucking river.

Last edited:
The President proposed it, the Republicans and democrats went along with it so now the TEA PARTY gets blamed for it. Who says the TEA PARTY doesn't have any power, it seems to be the most influential party in Washington.

It's because of the Tea Party that Americans overwhelmingly voted for Obama... twice!

Booked Monday, booked Tuesday. think I can fit you into Wednesday.

tinydancer takes on kidrocks over the tea party.Tell me your narrow vision or I'll tell you.

The President proposed it, the Republicans and democrats went along with it so now the TEA PARTY gets blamed for it. Who says the TEA PARTY doesn't have any power, it seems to be the most influential party in Washington.

Boehner said his party got 98% of what they wanted in the Sequester - huge military and job cuts.

Who said Obama doesn't compromise.

:razz:

Nobody has won the sequester fight yet.
What the fight is really about: will fiscal reform be accomplished without raising taxes? We'll see, but I wouldn't bet on it.

All this wrist biting and anguish in the tea party - how do they manage to get through the day!!

Karl Rove is committed to stopping tea party candidates because most are inept and unqualified.

A formidable foe, this man Rove

:)

All this wrist biting and anguish in the tea party - how do they manage to get through the day!!

Karl Rove is committed to stopping tea party candidates because most are inept and unqualified.

A formidable foe, this man Rove

:)

You think Karl Rove is the smartest guy in the room? He's and Geo. Bush are part of the reason the TEA PARTY was created and is so popular.

Forum List

Back