Sequester Chart of the Day.....

The government does things for you THAT EVERYONE PAYS FOR!

The government doesn't make money - if it was a business it would have gone out of business and filed for bankruptcy long ago. Instead it is an institution wherein the employees set their own wages, when costs exceed funds they "create" more funds through higher taxes and more fees for their "services".

If the government is such a good thing why is it that EVERYTHING they do costs more than it would if it was performed by a privately owned company providing the service?

Funny, theres quite a few examples of your guarantee falling flat on its face:
https://www.commondreams.org/view/2012/08/13-1
Privatization Myths Debunked | In the Public Interest
http://www.afsc.net/PDFFiles/PrivatizationFailuresPlusqullicList.pdf

I need you to understand this clearly, there is a thing called "hype", when people want to sell a product, they will market it, these private schools, private prisons, private water companies etc are selling a product, of course they're going to say that their little nike air bubbles will make you jump higher: are you a savvy enough customer to identify the snake oil salesmen? not likely since you're talking in generalities; tell me, how did "housing prices always go up" pan out?

Why would a company give money it saves back to consumers? here in reality, thats called profits. these are things that wound up as govt services because there is no room for competition, you cant have parallel tolled roads, multiple plumbing systems, multiple electrical/telephone hookups etc it just doesnt work, you're left with a defacto monopoly.

Now tell me, why is it that when a ceo makes multiple millions of dollars you insist that he earned that, yet when a public sector employee earns the national average income of $50k, you scream bloody murder?

also, back to the topic of the sequester:
Washington Monument Syndrome - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I suspected this was a thing, but only now learned the name of it, for failing to specify "which" cuts need to happen, republicans are blundering right into this known dynamic of human behavior.

line by line? see page 6 of this thread
http://www.usmessageboard.com/clean-debate-zone/280117-sequester-chart-of-the-day-6.html#post6889312
The Budget | The White House

I have already noted the Washington monument syndrome here, obama before he backtracked wanted us to believe our very first tax dollar paid should not support the most crucial aspects of gov. work etc..

I happen to think thats dishonest..*shrugs*

Now tell me, why is it that when a ceo makes multiple millions of dollars you insist that he earned that, yet when a public sector employee earns the national average income of $50k, you scream bloody murder?

where did he do that? :eusa_eh:

why don't you just start another thread to get answers to the issues you're surfacing, it might be easier since you can name the thread anything you like and give folks that are interested in those issues particularly a place to answer free of sequestration clutter? ;)

republicans got what they asked for, savor it.

privatization is being floated as a means to reduce the deficit, thats well within the scope of the topic.

Last edited:
so providing flexibility to cut the year to year 2% increase via the sequester is now a bad thing?

what happened to obama going thru the budget line by line and taking a scalpel to spending?

"In these challenging times, when we are facing both rising deficits and a sinking economy, budget reform is not an option. It is an imperative," Obama said. "We cannot sustain a system that bleeds billions of taxpayer dollars on programs that have outlived their usefulness, or exist solely because of the power of a politicians, lobbyists, or interest groups. We simply cannot afford it. This isn’t about big government or small government. It’s about building a smarter government that focuses on what works. That is why I will ask my new team to think anew and act anew to meet our new challenges.... We will go through our federal budget – page by page, line by line – eliminating those programs we don’t need, and insisting that those we do operate in a sensible cost-effective way."

Obama vows line-by-line budget review - Political Intelligence - A national political and campaign blog from The Boston Globe - Boston.com

Obama bullshit us.:eusa_liar:

He was just kidding. :eusa_whistle:

so providing flexibility to cut the year to year 2% increase via the sequester is now a bad thing?

what happened to obama going thru the budget line by line and taking a scalpel to spending?

"In these challenging times, when we are facing both rising deficits and a sinking economy, budget reform is not an option. It is an imperative," Obama said. "We cannot sustain a system that bleeds billions of taxpayer dollars on programs that have outlived their usefulness, or exist solely because of the power of a politicians, lobbyists, or interest groups. We simply cannot afford it. This isn’t about big government or small government. It’s about building a smarter government that focuses on what works. That is why I will ask my new team to think anew and act anew to meet our new challenges.... We will go through our federal budget – page by page, line by line – eliminating those programs we don’t need, and insisting that those we do operate in a sensible cost-effective way."

Obama vows line-by-line budget review - Political Intelligence - A national political and campaign blog from The Boston Globe - Boston.com

Obama bullshit us.:eusa_liar:

He was just kidding. :eusa_whistle:

The Budget | The White House

Smoke rings in the dark, my friend.
"They" don't want to remember that.

I wonder how many of "those programs" he's eliminated since taking office

:eusa_eh:

its from 2011, describing things already in place and things that were put in place.

sigh, Im "debating" illiterates, Im out

Forum List

Back