September Arctic 2nd lowest ice ever: disaster immenent.

I'm not sure Hillary will. She has a team of doctors working on her around the clock.
They need to work a lot harder.

screenshot-med-01.jpg

NASA NOAA, proudly cooking the books since 2009.

Why exactly would professionals in their fields that spend their lives doing this and working hard be cooking the books. That would be like a master chief crapping in your order without any reason! Why spend a life time doing something and have no pride in doing it right?

The older I get the more respect I have for the professionals that make all this possible. It will take a lot more then some libertarian on a message board to convince me otherwise.
View attachment 89582

Without those professionals working their asses off would we even have a record. I seriously doubt it. Of course, for a cave man like you that would make you happy. You'd go back to riding your horse..

Waste of a man.

Why exactly would professionals in their fields that spend their lives doing this and working hard be cooking the books. That would be like a master chief crapping in your order without any reason! Why spend a life time doing something and have no pride in doing it right?

The older I get the more respect I have for the professionals that make all this possible. It will take a lot more then some libertarian on a message board to convince me otherwise.
View attachment 89582

Without those professionals working their asses off would we even have a record. I seriously doubt it. Of course, for a cave man like you that would make you happy. You'd go back to riding your horse..

Waste of a man.
well you never explained why they are important.

View attachment 89582

Waste of a man.

Of what use is a record that is so distorted that it bears only a passing resemblance to reality?

View attachment 89582

Waste of a man.

Of what use is a record that is so distorted that it bears only a passing resemblance to reality?
what is funny for me is all of this nonsense about these professionals and not one iota of a solution. renewables is useless. so, it is obvious to me that the fact there is no soultion proposed to fix said issue from these so called professionals, it therefore must be fabricated.

This thread seems to have wandered off the tracks.

Arctic iceextent continues to decline. Antarctic glaciers continues to flow into the Southern Ocean at record speeds. Greenland continues to melt.

Not surprised you'd rather make up funny comments about Hillary Clinton.

Greenland is thickening.

Antarctica adds ice every year.

Antarctic sea ice is growing, proving that whatever is shrinking the Arctic sea ice, that is NOT GLOBAL, and hence a theory saying it is global is WRONG.

Here are the results of doing a google search on "greenland ice mass balance". I did not, as I just saw you do, insert the term "negative" or "loss" into my search string. Yet still, THESE are the abstracts of the first six articles that appeared under the "scholarly articles" designator. None of them show Greenland to have a positive mass balance. All of them find that Greenland is putting more water into the sea than the 80 billion tons Zwally (and only Zwally) found to be accumulating each year in Antarctica.

Please explain how that works into your 90% argument.

Abstract

Mass changes of the Greenland Ice Sheet resolved by drainage system regions were derived from a local mass concentration analysis of NASA–Deutsches Zentrum für Luftund Raumfahrt Gravity Recovery and Climate Experiment (GRACE mission) observations. From 2003 to 2005, the ice sheet lost 101 ± 16 gigaton/year, with a gain of 54 gigaton/year above 2000 meters and a loss of 155 gigaton/year at lower elevations. The lower elevations show a large seasonal cycle, with mass losses during summer melting followed by gains from fall through spring. The overall rate of loss reflects a considerable change in trend (–113 ± 17 gigaton/year) from a near balance during the 1990s but is smaller than some other recent estimates.
Recent Greenland Ice Mass Loss by Drainage System from Satellite Gravity Observations | Science

Abstract
[1] We combine estimates of the surface mass balance, SMB, of the Greenland ice sheet for years 1958 to 2007 with measurements of the temporal variability in ice discharge, D, to deduce the total ice sheet mass balance. During that time period, we find a robust correlation (R2 = 0.83) between anomalies in SMB and in D, which we use to reconstruct a continuous series of total ice sheet mass balance. We find that the ice sheet was losing 110 ± 70 Gt/yr in the 1960s, 30 ± 50 Gt/yr or near balance in the 1970s–1980s, and 97 ± 47 Gt/yr in 1996 increasing rapidly to 267 ± 38 Gt/yr in 2007. Multi-year variations in ice discharge, themselves related to variations in SMB, cause 60 ± 20% more variation in total mass balance than SMB, and therefore dominate the ice sheet mass budget.
Mass balance of the Greenland ice sheet from 1958 to 2007 - Rignot - 2008 - Geophysical Research Letters - Wiley Online Library

Abstract
[1] High-resolution (∼11 km) regional climate modeling shows total annual precipitation on the Greenland ice sheet for 1958–2007 to be up to 24% and surface mass balance up to 63% higher than previously thought. The largest differences occur in coastal southeast Greenland, where the much higher resolution facilitates capturing snow accumulation peaks that past five-fold coarser resolution regional climate models missed. The surface mass balance trend over the full 1958–2007 period reveals the classic pattern expected in a warming climate, with increased snowfall in the interior and enhanced runoff from the marginal ablation zone. In the period 1990–2007, total runoff increased significantly, 3% per year. The absolute increase in runoff is especially pronounced in the southeast, where several outlet glaciers have recently accelerated. This detailed knowledge of Greenland's surface mass balance provides the foundation for estimating and predicting the overall mass balance and freshwater discharge of the ice sheet.
Higher surface mass balance of the Greenland ice sheet revealed by high-resolution climate modeling - Ettema - 2009 - Geophysical Research Letters - Wiley Online Library

Acceleration of Greenland ice mass loss in spring 2004
Isabella Velicogna1,2 and John Wahr1

Topof page
In 2001 the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change projected the contribution to sea level rise from the Greenland ice sheet to be between -0.02 and +0.09 m from 1990 to 2100 (ref. 1). However, recent work2, 3,4 has suggested that the ice sheet responds more quickly to climate perturbations than previously thought, particularly near the coast. Here we use a satellite gravity survey by the Gravity Recovery and Climate Experiment (GRACE) conducted from April 2002 to April 2006 to provide an independent estimate of the contribution of Greenland ice mass loss to sea level change. We detect an ice mass loss of 248
glyph.gif
36 km3 yr-1, equivalent to a global sea level rise of 0.5
glyph.gif
0.1 mm yr-1. The rate of ice loss increased by 250 per cent between the periods April 2002 to April 2004 and May 2004 to April 2006, almost entirely due to accelerated rates of ice loss in southern Greenland; the rate of mass loss in north Greenland was almost constant. Continued monitoring will be needed to identify any future changes in the rate of ice loss in Greenland.
Acceleration of Greenland ice mass loss in spring 2004 : Abstract : Nature

Abstract
We propose a new estimate of the mass balance of the West/East Antarctica and Greenland ice sheets from GRACE for the recent period (July 2002–March 2005) and compute the corresponding contribution to the global mean sea level. We use new GRACE geoid solutions provided by the Groupe de Recherche en Géodésie Spatiale (GRGS/CNES), at the resolution of ∼ 400 km and sampled at 10-day interval. In the three regions, significant interannual variations are observed, which we approximate as linear trends over the short time span of analysis. Over Greenland, an apparent total volume loss of 119 +/− 10 cu km/yr water is observed. For the Antarctica ice sheet, a bimodal behaviour is apparent, with volume loss amounting to 88 +/− 10 cu km/yr water in the West, and increase in the East amounting to 72 +/− 20 cu km/yr water. These GRACE results are affected by land hydrology contamination and glacial isostatic adjustment (GIA) of the solid Earth since last deglaciation. We correct for both land hydrology contamination (using a global hydrological model) and GIA using the ICE-4G model for Greenland and the IJ05 model for Antarctica. Corrected for both land hydrology contamination and GIA, GRACE volume rates are − 129 +/− 15 cu km/yr, − 107 +/− 23 cu km/yr and + 67 +/− 28 cu km/yr for Greenland, West Antarctica and East Antarctica respectively. In terms of sea level rise, the GRACE-based ice sheets contributions are + 0.36 +/− 0.04 mm/yr for Greenland, + 0.30 +/− 0.06 mm/yr for West Antarctica and − 0.19 +/− 0.07 for East Antarctica for the time interval of study. The total Antarctica contribution to sea level over this short time span is thus slightly positive (+ 0.11 +/− 0.09 mm/yr). The ice sheets together contribute to a sea level rise of 0.47 +/− 0.1 mm/yr. The results reported here are in qualitative agreement with recent estimates of the mass balance of the ice sheets based on GRACE and with those based upon other remote sensing observations. Due to the very short sampling time span for which the GRACE data are available, it is not yet possible to distinguish between interannual oscillations and long-term trend associated with climate change.
Interannual variations of the mass balance of the Antarctica and Greenland ice sheets from GRACE

Forum List

Back