Sept. 25, 2009 - Islam call to prayer on Capitol Hill

Catbert

Sep 16, 2009
This seems to be a current event. (if not, I apologize for adding it here).

(I'm a new poster, so can't post a link until I have 15 posts...there are numerous links to be found through Google regarding Islam on Capitol Hill) The site at the link I mentioned has dirge-like chanting and more information. Has anything like this ever been done before? I find it disconcerting.

The objective of this gathering is to invite the Muslim Communities and friends of Islam to express and illustrate the wonderful diversity of Islam. We intend to manifest Islam's majestic spiritual principals as revealed by Allah to our beloved prophet

Muhammad (PEACE BE UPON HIM) of Arabia. Likewise; we intend to inspire a new generation of Muslim to work for the greater good of all people. We shall serve all people, regardless of race, religion or national origin.

ON THIS DAY....

The Athan will be chanted on Capitol Hill, echoing off of the Lincoln Memorial, the Washington Monument and other great edifices that surround Capitol Hill
Thousands of Muslims from all races, creeds, colors and ethnicities will gather for the sole purpose of prayer
Bonds of friendship will be formed between those in attendance, both Muslims and Non-Muslims
Muslim youth will experience tours of the Library of Congress and the Supreme Court.
The peace, beauty and solidarity of Islam will shine through America's capitol.
A DAY OF ISLAMIC UNITY...

(Obama's name is verbally mentioned at 25 near the bottom)

Last edited:
You have to wonder why Muslims can have a prayer rally in the nation's capitol that will most likely be covered by the MSM, but all Christian references, symbols, pictures are covered up at Obama's request when he makes a speech where such items are visible.

Forum List

Back