Sept 2, 1945 Japan Formally Surrenders

I can easily link to source documents from the Japanese Government as I have numerous times in the past those documents CLEARLY show that the Army which Controlled the Government of Japan refused to surrender and then after each atomic Bomb again refused to surrender. After the Emperor intervened and overrode the army decision and ordered Japan to surrender I have Japanese Government documents that show the Army staged a Coup to prevent even the Emperor from surrendering. What have you got? Nothing but opinions of men that felt the Japanese would surrender. I have ABSOLUTE PROOF that is NOT true.

No, you don’t.

Yes, he does, and so do many millions of people who have read real history, and don't give a crap if you liked FDR or not. Really! True story, millions don't care about your stupid infantile attempts at revisionism! Some of us do like to laugh at them occasionally, though.

Fact is not revision.

Men who knew much better than you ever will disagreed.

I "heart" Fat Man and Little Boy!

You just want to play at being a greasy little punk bitch ‘cause you think it’s ‘cute.’ FU, troll.

This is the History forum. Go play somewhere else.

:fu:

... I am glad A-bombed just as we did.

Why?

At the time it was the most efficient way to end a war that was destined to result in the deaths of many more people, both Allied and Jap.

The Japs started the war and they can't complain about how the Allies finished it. They reaped what they sowed.

Nowadays the Japs are a civilized peaceful country with a tremendous economy. They were bombed into civility. That was a good thing.

Recent evidence indicates they didn't learn much from the loss. They lie to their children about the war, and we can see the results here in 'unkatore' or whatever it's name is. But yes, they did keep quiet after that; if we hand't have saved them the rest of Asia and the Russians would have raped and killed them off.

Why did you mention Nanjing?

Becasue the Japs [sic] were savages that needed to be dealt with harshly.

Nanking Massacre - Wikipedia

So, the atomic bombings WERE revenge on behalf of China?

Uh no. They were to end the war while minimizing allied casualties.

....]

There were other options for that.

The incendiary bombing raids were very cool as well.

View attachment 215099

Indeed. Some of the most beautiful photography of the war are the films of the night bombings.

You just want to play at being a greasy little punk bitch ‘cause you think it’s ‘cute.’ FU, troll.

Why?

At the time it was the most efficient way to end a war that was destined to result in the deaths of many more people, both Allied and Jap.

The Japs started the war and they can't complain about how the Allies finished it. They reaped what they sowed.

Nowadays the Japs are a civilized peaceful country with a tremendous economy. They were bombed into civility. That was a good thing.
....They lie to their children about the war, ...

Incorrect

Why?

Recent evidence indicates they didn't learn much from the loss. They lie to their children about the war, and we can see the results here in 'unkatore' or whatever it's name is. But yes, they did keep quiet after that; if we hand't have saved them the rest of Asia and the Russians would have raped and killed them off.

We bombed them into civility. Only history will determine if the lesson took or not.

Maybe like Germany we killed off most of the destructive gene pool and all is left are the submissive but don't count on it.

Why?

At the time it was the most efficient way to end a war ....

Hardly

You IGNORE facts I have actual links to documents from the Japanese Government and they REFUSED to surrender even after 2 atomic bombs. And then staged a Coup to keep the Emperor from surrendering.

Study history, Rain Man.
I did ....

Evidently not.
I can easily link to source documents from the Japanese Government as I have numerous times in the past those documents CLEARLY show that the Army which Controlled the Government of Japan refused to surrender and then after each atomic Bomb again refused to surrender. After the Emperor intervened and overrode the army decision and ordered Japan to surrender I have Japanese Government documents that show the Army staged a Coup to prevent even the Emperor from surrendering. What have you got? Nothing but opinions of men that felt the Japanese would surrender. I have ABSOLUTE PROOF that is NOT true.

No, you don’t.
Actually yes I do dumb fuck. The Atomic Bomb and the End of World War II: A Collection of Primary Sources

No, you don’t.
Actually yes I do dumb fuck. The Atomic Bomb and the End of World War II: A Collection of Primary Sources

You don’t know what “absolute proof” means.

No, you don’t.

The Documents CLEARLY show the Government of Japan REFUSING to surrender after each bomb, the documents CLEARLY show that the Army stage a coup to prevent the Emperor from surrendering. Remind how Japan just wanted to surrender again?

Evidently not.

No, you don’t.

The Documents CLEARLY show the Government of Japan REFUSING to surrender after each bomb, the documents CLEARLY show that the Army stage a coup to prevent the Emperor from surrendering. Remind how Japan just wanted to surrender again?

You really aren't a very strong thinker, are you? Maybe just too old...

From my readings, the Emperor didn't have the power to surrender the country, until the politics that ousted the right wingers was finally effective. They still had several million men under arms in China and out of reach, along with scattered units all over SE Asia. It was a close thing, and it was indeed the bombs that gave the decisive push, saving many American lives, .....

Again dumbass the facts prove that after 2 bombs the Army refused to surrender, they Controlled the Government. Then when the Emperor intervened and surrendered anyway the Army staged a COUP to prevent their GOD from surrendering.

The FACTS are that Japan was a defeated nation attempting to find a way to surrender. That FACT is that most of the victims of the atomic bombs were civilians who had no part in either the attack on the Pearl Harbor military instillation, the Bataan Death March, OR the notorious Rape of Nanjing. There is no avoiding these FACTS. What happened, happened and maybe it was unlikely to happen any other way, and war is itself an atrocity, but only intellectual and moral cowards avoid the FACTS of the matter.

No, you don’t.

The only one of the two of us that can't think is you, presented with FACTS that the Japanese Government refused to surrender after 2 atomic bombs and attempted a coup to stop the emperor from surrendering you continue with your IGNORANT claim that Japan wanted to surrender.

The only one of the two of us that can't think is you, presented with FACTS that the Japanese Government refused to surrender after 2 atomic bombs and attempted a coup to stop the emperor from surrendering you continue with your IGNORANT claim that Japan wanted to surrender.

You are so desperate for a simple, sugary snack, that you have made yourself a willfully ignorant blockhead.

You are so desperate for a simple, sugary snack, that you have made yourself a willfully ignorant blockhead.
In other words you can not dispute MY documents so call names instead.

In other words you can not dispute MY documents so call names instead.

MacArthur himself had received the letter seeking terms of surrender before the scumbag Roosevelt left for the Yalta conference. Does one document exist and the other does not? Did you yourself not indicate that there was some conflict with in the government of Japan at the time? Do I have to hold your hand or can you think through some of this for yourself?

The fact of the matter is that by the time of the bombings Japan had been defeated militarily economically and morally. The fact of the matter is that the bombs were not in necessity but a choice. The fact of the matter is that the great majority of the victims of the bombings were civilians, not military personnel. The fact of the matter is that the United States never declared it was going to war on behalf of or in revenge for China or any other nation. The fact of the matter is that invasion was just one option, not the only other option then the use of these terrible weapons. The fact of the matter is that military and political leaders of the time, men of far greater understanding and character than you could ever possess, saw that the use of these terrible weapons against civilians was wrong and unnecessary. What happened happened, but to discuss history honestly we must face it directly and not avoid uncomfortable moral questions.

Forum List

Back