Separating the Chaff from the Wheat

Did the Mexican 15-year-old deserve to die?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

Epsilon Delta

Jedi Master
Jul 16, 2008
Central America
Sooo my initial horror over the celebratory parade of self-congratulating utranationalism by the members of the American regressive society on this board (you know who you are guys ;) ) has finally subsided, giving way to a numbing yet familiar sense of deepening cynicism.

Under this circumstances, I'd like to ask all our respectable audience here at the board a question over the recent death of a Mexican 15-year-old, please read on and keep in mind the following two assumptions before voting:

1) ACCEPTING THE FACT THAT SERGIO HERNANDEZ, 15, WAS, IN FACT, WITHIN THE BOUNDARIES OF THE UNITED STATES OF MEXICO AT THE TIME OF HIS FATAL SHOOTING, and

2) ASSUMING HE HIMSELF WAS NOT IN THE PROCESS OF ILLEGALLY CROSSING THE US BORDER AT THE TIME OF HIS DEATH (not an unreasonable assumption considering that not even the most right-wing news sources have claimed he was in the process of doing so at the moment of the shooting),

Are you, the reader, glad/happy/ecstatic that this 15 year old was shot in the head and killed by the American border guard?

AND we've got a bonus question: If a Mexican officer fatally shot an american 15-year-old across the border in the head, what would be the appropriate penalty on the officer, or hell, what would be the acceptable punishment to be imposed on Mexico for such a thing? What if that officer shot an american teenager for tossing a rock at him?

This is it guys, we're separating the merely-xenophobic from the bloodthirsty diehards; the chaff from the wheat.

Sooo my initial horror over the celebratory parade of self-congratulating utranationalism by the members of the American regressive society on this board (you know who you are guys ;) ) has finally subsided, giving way to a numbing yet familiar sense of deepening cynicism.

Under this circumstances, I'd like to ask all our respectable audience here at the board a question over the recent death of a Mexican 15-year-old, please read on and keep in mind the following two assumptions before voting:

1) ACCEPTING THE FACT THAT SERGIO HERNANDEZ, 15, WAS, IN FACT, WITHIN THE BOUNDARIES OF THE UNITED STATES OF MEXICO AT THE TIME OF HIS FATAL SHOOTING, and

2) ASSUMING HE HIMSELF WAS NOT IN THE PROCESS OF ILLEGALLY CROSSING THE US BORDER AT THE TIME OF HIS DEATH (not an unreasonable assumption considering that not even the most right-wing news sources have claimed he was in the process of doing so at the moment of the shooting),

Are you, the reader, glad/happy/ecstatic that this 15 year old was shot in the head and killed by the American border guard?

AND we've got a bonus question: If a Mexican officer fatally shot an american 15-year-old across the border in the head, what would be the appropriate penalty on the officer, or hell, what would be the acceptable punishment to be imposed on Mexico for such a thing? What if that officer shot an american teenager for tossing a rock at him?

This is it guys, we're separating the merely-xenophobic from the bloodthirsty diehards; the chaff from the wheat.

Your assumptions are faulty, you forget that the ACTUAL reason he was shot had nothing to do with him crossing or not crossing the border. It had to do with him and his friends throw rocks at the American Guards. Rocks can kill or maim, the guard acted in self defense.

KNOWING this I am glad the Guard saved his own life and that makes the killing justified.

You mean firing a rock don't you. If an American kid threw a rock at some Mexican cop in Tiajuana, I wonder what would happen. Or do you want to hide behind the usual third world excuse "We are just poor hard working people that don't know any better." Just like the pathetic pictures of the family done by the Mexican Propaganda Department.

Where are the mothers when these kids are doing evil? Sitting at home, getting fat, and looking at reruns of I Love Lucy in Spanish!

Last edited:
I file it under 'but for your actions'. Don't throw shit and border police and they won't shoot you. Am I happy? No. Am I horrified? No. Shit happens.

Some one breaks into your house.

What do you do?

Tell them to clean the dishes?

It's always heart breaking when a child, who probably knew no better, dies. If there is a silver lining to this story though, everytime something horrible like this happens on our Southern border it makes it a little harder for D.C. to ignore this invasion. Something needs to be done so we don't have more Sergio Hernandez's on our hands.
"We the People" are getting tired of the inactions of our elected officials, it won't be much longer until we have a full blown gun fight between our Border Patrol and the Federales unless immediate action is taking by both our Officials AND theirs.

NOBODY deserves to die - but - EVERYBODY is going to - we just don't know how and when. This boy was taking his chances when he did what he did. What are the border patrol agents suppose to do? Have a rock fight? We have to cut the umbilical cord when it comes to Mexico. This country should stop being the sugar daddy and stop cuddling those corrupt imbeciles. Sorry that this happened. I feel for his parents. Unfortunately that country is full of delinquents who will continue to try the patience of the USA!

I don't think he deserved to die but I also don't make it habit to throw rocks at armed dudes in uniform from foreign countries.

The kids were definitely idiots but who knows? When the investigation is over it might turn out that we have a trigger happy border guard. Neither scenario would shock me.

I can't say I'm pleased with Calderon's hypocritical ass piping up considering the way his country handles it's southern border. Fuck that guy.

It's always heart breaking when a child, who probably knew no better, dies. If there is a silver lining to this story though, everytime something horrible like this happens on our Southern border it makes it a little harder for D.C. to ignore this invasion. Something needs to be done so we don't have more Sergio Hernandez's on our hands.
"We the People" are getting tired of the inactions of our elected officials, it won't be much longer until we have a full blown gun fight between our Border Patrol and the Federales unless immediate action is taking by both our Officials AND theirs.

This is a reasonable answer. The boy was a dumb kid, there was most likely alcohol on board, his buddies egging him on, the typical young punk scenario. Young guys have been doing dumb shit like this forever and a day, and this can invite tragedy. It's sad.

Stepping back from that individual tragedy, the people of the United States are getting very frustrated with the inability of our government in stemming the human tide that is rapidly taking over many communities with its own ethno-centric agenda, and sometimes disdain and disrespect for the American institutions that many of us cherish. We see, in fact, often governmental officials providing monetary support and services to these people, and turning a blind eye, with a wink and a nod, to their illegal status.

This frustration is starting to boil over for many decent, hardworking Americans. To top it off, anyone who wants a stronger enforcement of immigration laws, with zero tolerance for violations of it, is slapped with the accusation of racism. It's this type of bullshit that is so exasperating.

Fine.

"It's sad."

I just wanted to make sure there were at least some people on this board that weren't cumming in their pants at the thought of dead Mexican children. Thanks.

Fine.

"It's sad."

I just wanted to make sure there were at least some people on this board that weren't cumming in their pants at the thought of dead Mexican children. Thanks.

We are AMERICANS and we don't sit 'cumming in our pants' over ANY dead kid! Mexico is going to have to take some responsibility when tragedies like this happen - it's long overdue! They love to finger point and it seems their favorite pointing is to the el norte.

Forum List

Back