Separating America From Capitalism

Damn, what happened to all the private ownership of business in the USA? Oh that's right, they are still there.....Same with farms, houses and STD's, still privately owned unless owned by a corporation which is supported by private individuals...If that ain't capitalism, I don't think it's communist...

What we have now is what I like to call corporatism - where privately owned business' are regulated by government. Government sets the perimeters in which the business is allowed to operate within. Any deviation from the regulated areas is met with financial penalties or worst case, government not allowing that business to operate. Do what government wants when government wants it done and you will succeed because you will be rewarded with tax dollars. In return for being allowed to operate, business' give considerable $ to politicians re-election funds and PAC ads.

Capitalism is bringing Goods / Service to market, have a product people want and are willing to buy. Others are free to offer the same good / service through competition. Just like in nature, the strong survive and the weak perish...the better the product and the more people want to buy it, the stronger than business will become where as the business whose service / goods arent good enough, too highly priced will go away or they will adjust and be more competitive.

I wish we would get back to Capitalism.
yes under capitalism only those who raise our standard of living at the fastest possible rate survive.

Forum List

Back