separate bedrooms

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
do you and your "other" have separate bedrooms? if so why? do you think it is a good thing or a bad thing for a couple to have separate bedrooms?

no, I don't have an "other" but i sure as shit enjoy having my room to myself.

My best friend and her husband have had separate rooms since their daughter left the home...it started out because they have very different back issues and when he got the bed that worked for his, she couldn't sleep on it (and it's big as a house, so it's not a matter of just not wanting to sleep together. They aren't technically "sleeping together" on that bed. It's bigger than my bathroom.)

I've always been of the opinion that the aristocrats of olden days had the right idea...marry for political reasons to strengthen your familie's ties and holdings, maintain separate households if possible, separate suites at the very least, with adjoining doors if you like.

Having your own space is sweet. I've grown addicted to mine. I can eat in in my bed, watch tv there, read a book, have the kids laze around, let the dog under the covers, not pick up, smoke at night (after the kids are tucked away in their own rooms)...do anything I want and nobody bugs me.

It's absolutely fucking glorious. I can't imagine giving it up for anyone.

the hubby...has a sleep disorder....where he will appear to be awake...but is not...when i go to get into bed...he will sit up and go...what are you doing? i reply ...getting into bed...then he curses me...which i find funny....its sounds like we hate each other...only one time in 28 years has he remembered it the next day....and then he only remembered what i said to him....unless i go to bed before him this happens just about every night.

don't sleep in separate bedrooms. there is something about sleeping together that provides closeness.

I snore very much bad.

I also have a strong survival instinct.

So when the better half asked to convert the office into a "spare bedroom" I didn't complain.

Seperate bedrooms? Bloody great idea. I've got several seperate bedrooms. Three in Plymouth, two in Exeter, one in Truro and an occassional one in Gibraltar.

I snore very much bad.

I also have a strong survival instinct.

only once has he come up threatening....he kinda pushed the hell out of me...

So when the better half asked to convert the office into a "spare bedroom" I didn't complain.

but i do still enjoy waking up with him....

do you and your "other" have separate bedrooms? if so why? do you think it is a good thing or a bad thing for a couple to have separate bedrooms?

It depends on why you have them. Although my husband and I sleep in the same room most of the time, I have a bed in my workroom as well. We use it mostly for company, and I sleep in there occasionally when one of us is sick or when he's snoring excessively.

Nope. No separate bedrooms here... Who would scratch my back at night just before I go to sleep? Also, in the winter months what would my wife do with her damn cold feet if there was nobody laying there for her to put them on? Also, if I woke up at 2:00 am and wanted to do some hugging and squeezing, if I had to walk to her bedroom from somewhere else I might not be in the mood when I got to her room. Nope. I need my cuddle bunny.

Bad, really bad. We slept in separate bedrooms for about 5 years because I snored so, loudly. I resolved that problem, and we are sleeping in the same bed again. It was lonely, for both of us, and also produced a larger water bill for laundry. I decided that that kind of separation was not a good way to spend the rest of our days as a married couple. Even though I go to bed later, I always go in and turn down the bed for her when my "bride" (of 44 years retires for the night). And I also stay away from the computer while she is home after her work day; we spend our evenings just lying on the couch with each other reading and watching TV.

We let that slip away for a while, and let me warn you, old age (and maybe senescence, worse still senility) is coming at you like a freight train!

Forum List

Back