Seniors warn GOP: You cut, you get voted out!

shintao

Take Down ~ Tap Out
Aug 27, 2010
Nothing like the power of the vote from seniors and AARP members (Another union of unity based on age). They are saying, you cut our bennies, we cut your throat.

While residents of New York’s Congressional Districts 20, 24 and 25 over the age of 50 are very concerned about the federal deficit, they oppose reductions in Social Security and Medicare benefits to help reduce the deficit.

About seven in ten are very concerned about the federal budget deficit.

About seven in ten oppose raising the debt limit if it means there will be cuts to Social Security and Medicare for current beneficiaries.

Residents of Congressional Districts 20, 24 and 25 over the age of 50 believe seniors should not pay higher Medicare costs or be forced into nursing homes in order to reduce the deficit.

About three-quarters say they are less likely to reelect their member of Congress if they support a proposal that requires seniors to pay higher Medicare premiums or pay higher out of pocket costs for Medicare services.

Three-quarters say they are less likely to reelect their member of Congress if they support cutting Social Security benefits to help reduce the deficit.

More than three-quarters oppose legislation that could result in cuts to services that help older Americans and people with disabilities remain in their own homes rather than go into a nursing home.

AARP Membership

Yep! The AARP sold us out a long time ago.. long time ago,, when they endorsed the theft of 960/500 Billion dollars from medicare. Fuck the AARP

meh, this 54 year old AARP member elected the GOP to reduce spending, shrink gubmint and lower taxes.

Did you have your own bennies being cut in mind when you voted??? DUH!

Interesting figure that show the power of the vote from the article above, so we are talking 75%, or 75 million of the seniors will tell the GOP to kiss their arse.

Each year more than 3.5 million Boomers turn 55.Their swelling numbers predict that, by 2012, America's 50 and older population will reach 100 million. And according to the UN Population Division, 1 in 5 people are expected to be 65 or older by 2035.

Read more: Demographics of Aging

meh, this 54 year old AARP member elected the GOP to reduce spending, shrink gubmint and lower taxes.

Interesting figure that show the power of the vote from the article above, so we are talking 75%, or 75 million of the seniors will tell the GOP to kiss their arse.

Each year more than 3.5 million Boomers turn 55.Their swelling numbers predict that, by 2012, America's 50 and older population will reach 100 million. And according to the UN Population Division, 1 in 5 people are expected to be 65 or older by 2035.

like they did in 2010??? like that????

Yep! The AARP sold us out a long time ago.. long time ago,, when they endorsed the theft of 960/500 Billion dollars from medicare. Fuck the AARP

So you will say the same thing when the GOP cuts your bennies huh??:eusa_angel: Or are you an inconsistent voter.

Last edited:

I've never approached life from a perspective of expecting or needing the gubmint to take care of me. Duh!

like they did in 2010??? like that????

I don't see the GOP winning anything come 2012, so................

I've never approached life from a perspective of expecting or needing the gubmint to take care of me. Duh!

Oh, so you decline your bennies then?

Cat got your tongue? I will ask you again big-shot, did you decline the bennies? :eusa_whistle:

I think we know the answer to that .......... LMAO!!!:lol:

Cat got your tongue? I will ask you again big-shot, did you decline the bennies? :eusa_whistle:

I think we know the answer to that .......... LMAO!!!:lol:

Dude, I have a job........I don't live on here. I post when I have a free moment. Even though I've been paying in for 30+ years, I quit having any expectations of receiving benefits about 10 years ago. I took matters into my own hands for providing for my retirement. It's what people who believe in personal responsibility do. Here is the take away for you, don't trust the gubmint to take care of you. It isn't there job to begin with. Now, go get a job and a life education and quit posting so much on the interwebs comrade.

It was the Hussein who threatened to stop SS checks, not the GOP.

Did they have a poll about how they would vote if a President threatens to hold SS checks?

Nothing like the power of the vote from seniors and AARP members (Another union of unity based on age). They are saying, you cut our bennies, we cut your throat.

While residents of New York’s Congressional Districts 20, 24 and 25 over the age of 50 are very concerned about the federal deficit, they oppose reductions in Social Security and Medicare benefits to help reduce the deficit.

About seven in ten are very concerned about the federal budget deficit.

About seven in ten oppose raising the debt limit if it means there will be cuts to Social Security and Medicare for current beneficiaries.

Residents of Congressional Districts 20, 24 and 25 over the age of 50 believe seniors should not pay higher Medicare costs or be forced into nursing homes in order to reduce the deficit.

About three-quarters say they are less likely to reelect their member of Congress if they support a proposal that requires seniors to pay higher Medicare premiums or pay higher out of pocket costs for Medicare services.

Three-quarters say they are less likely to reelect their member of Congress if they support cutting Social Security benefits to help reduce the deficit.

More than three-quarters oppose legislation that could result in cuts to services that help older Americans and people with disabilities remain in their own homes rather than go into a nursing home.

AARP Membership

They were the guys that voted most of these hooligans in..in the first place.

Jerks.

What kind of child puts a smiley face next to their threads when it talks about our Senior Citizens. they act like this a game or something.

And the AARP sold out our seniors when they took a WAIVER for their backing of Obamacare.

All seniors should DUMP ARRP. there are other places they can use.

What theft?

President Obama promised to stop the waste, fraud and abuse of the system.

I saw that in action.

I sat on a jury that convicted a pharmacist who was collecting Medicare checks from the sale of drugs to a neighborhood drug dealer.

Who caught him? A newly created joint operations task force responsible for stopping fraud.

What kind of child puts a smiley face next to their threads when it talks about our Senior Citizens. they act like this a game or something.

And the AARP sold out our seniors when they took a WAIVER for their backing of Obamacare.

What's ARRP? :lol:

What's ARRP? :lol:

Ooooops. thanks:lol:

Forum List

Back