Senior Israeli diplomat: 'This land is ours'

Let me explain hos occupation works Pbel. They do not end until hostilities end first. Unfortunately, many Palestinian do not want peace, they want victory.
The occupation is the cause of the hostilities, so it must end first.

Incorrect, Princess. Nearly 70 years of vicious Arab rejectionism is the cause of the land dispute and neither you nor those hapless Arab "refugees" gets to make any preconditions. Of course, people like you would gladly have those people face another 7 decades of life in UNRWA camps.

Yes that Zionist Terrorist drove them into,as an alterative to being slaughtered....

Drove them? Slaughtered? The UN offer of 3 hots and a cot drew Arab "refugees" from across the region and the hundreds of thousands of Arabs who stayed in Israel are - along with their progeny - CITIZENS of Israel.
Your ignorance is about all you ever seem to have to offer here.
AND RAZED THEIR VILLAGES AND TOWNS>>>>>YOUR GRASP OF PALESTINIAN / JEWISH HISTORY IS ABOUT 3RD GRADE,and that's being kind,you really need educating....so here we go Sayit

A is for APPLE
B is for BALL
C is for CAT

I think you get my drift............I am the Liq

I do. Once you got on the bus you never got off:
images

Let me explain hos occupation works Pbel. They do not end until hostilities end first. Unfortunately, many Palestinian do not want peace, they want victory.

Incorrect, Princess. Nearly 70 years of vicious Arab rejectionism is the cause of the land dispute and neither you nor those hapless Arab "refugees" gets to make any preconditions. Of course, people like you would gladly have those people face another 7 decades of life in UNRWA camps.

Yes that Zionist Terrorist drove them into,as an alterative to being slaughtered....

Drove them? Slaughtered? The UN offer of 3 hots and a cot drew Arab "refugees" from across the region and the hundreds of thousands of Arabs who stayed in Israel are - along with their progeny - CITIZENS of Israel.
Well you can spew your inaccurate BULLSHIT all you like...BUT the FACT STILL REMAINS,THAT YOU ARE A HATE DRIVEN CURR(MONGREL DOG)you need a bloody good thrashing......and I'm just the person to do it.........You should take you Head out of your ASS occasionally .........Most of us live in a Beautiful World......which you and Phoney DO NOT...........

AND RAZED THEIR VILLAGES AND TOWNS>>>>>YOUR GRASP OF PALESTINIAN / JEWISH HISTORY IS ABOUT 3RD GRADE,and that's being kind,you really need educating....so here we go Sayit

A is for APPLE
B is for BALL
C is for CAT

images
!!!!!!!!!LOL..was that your senile attempt of a joke ?????? I suggest you take lessons from Roudy.

:cuckoo: "The Palestinians are the direct descendants of the ancient Israelites" :cuckoo:

:cuckoo: "The Palestinians are the direct descendants of the ancient Israelites" :cuckoo:

:cuckoo: "The Palestinians are the direct descendants of the ancient Israelites"

Moving-animated-picture-of-spaced-out-guy.gif

:cuckoo: "The Palestinians are the direct descendants of the ancient Israelites"

Gravity-balls-ear-to-ear-crazy-animation.gif

:cuckoo: "The Palestinians are direct descendants of the ancient Israelites"

crazy-pills-o.gif

56661899.jpg

Billo_Really --- Selfie

guno --- Mug Shot

Come on Hoss,enough of the personal insults towards Billo......this sort of drivel demeans the Good Man you are..steve

A is for APPLE
B is for BALL
C is for CAT

images
!!!!!!!!!LOL..was that your senile attempt of a joke ?????? I suggest you take lessons from Roudy.
Roudy --- Thinking of a comeback.

crazy-pills-o.gif

56661899.jpg

Billo_Really --- Selfie

guno --- Mug Shot

Come on Hoss,enough of the personal insults towards Billo......this sort of drivel demeans the Good Man you are..steve
theliq --- Olympic Champion

A is for APPLE
B is for BALL
C is for CAT

Raised villages? link? Jaysus, the shit this kangaroo brain makes up.

A is for APPLE
B is for BALL
C is for CAT

images
Well I think Sayit is very well versed in responding, however if you want comebacks you'll have to scrape it off your teeth. Only joking, it appears you swallowed the whole thing.

crazy-pills-o.gif

56661899.jpg

Billo_Really --- Selfie

guno --- Mug Shot

Well Australians have a great swim / dive team, however I think Steve dives in there cause he enjoys the taste of toilet water.

article-2291222-188DCC68000005DC-365_634x321.jpg

A is for APPLE
B is for BALL
C is for CAT

A is for APPLE
B is for BALL
C is for CAT

images
Well I think Sayit is very well versed in responding, however if you want comebacks you'll have to scrape it off your teeth. Only joking, it appears you swallowed the whole thing.

List of Arab towns and villages depopulated during the 1948 Palestinian exodus - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
List of Arab towns and villages depopulated during the 1948 Palestinian exodus

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search
1948 Palestinian exodus

Main articles
1948 Palestinian exodus

1947–48 civil war
1948 Arab–Israeli War
1948 Palestine war
Causes of the exodus
Nakba Day
Palestine refugee camps
Palestinian refugee
Palestinian right of return
Present absentee
Transfer Committee
Resolution 194

Background
Mandatory Palestine
Israeli Declaration of Independence
Israeli–Palestinian conflict history
New Historians
Palestine · Plan Dalet
1947 partition plan · UNRWA

Key incidents
Battle of Haifa
Deir Yassin massacre
Exodus from Lydda and Ramle

Notable writers
Aref al-Aref · Yoav Gelber
Efraim Karsh · Walid Khalidi
Nur-eldeen Masalha · Benny Morris
Ilan Pappé · Tom Segev
Avraham Sela · Avi Shlaim

Related categories/lists
List of depopulated villages

Related templates
Palestinians

This box:
Around 400 Arab towns and villages were depopulated during the 1948 Palestinian exodus. Some places were entirely destroyed and left uninhabitable;[1][2] others were left with a few hundred residents and were repopulated by Jewish immigrants, then renamed.

Those areas that became a part of Israel and had at least a partial Arab population amounted to around 100 villages and two towns, while Arabs remained in small parts in some of the cities (Haifa, Jaffa and Acre) and Jerusalem was divided between Jordan and Israel. Around 30,000 Palestinians remained in Jerusalem in what became the Arab part of it, in addition to some of the 30,000 non-Jewish refugees moving to it, while there were 5,000 Jewish refugees from the Old City in the Israeli side. An overwhelming part of the Palestinian residents, and other non-Jews such as Greeks and Armenians, of the cities that became a part of Israel (Acre, Haifa, Safad, Tiberias, al-Majdal Asqalan, Beersheba, Jaffa and Beisan) fled or were expelled. Most of the Palestinians who remain there are internally displaced people from the villages around.[3]

crazy-pills-o.gif

56661899.jpg

Billo_Really --- Selfie

guno --- Mug Shot

Fair comment LOL but yeah I'll be in that,as long as you don't flush me away......steveLOL

A is for APPLE
B is for BALL
C is for CAT

A is for APPLE
B is for BALL
C is for CAT

images

List of Arab towns and villages depopulated during the 1948 Palestinian exodus - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

1948 Palestinian exodus

Main articles
1948 Palestinian exodus

1947–48 civil war
1948 Arab–Israeli War
1948 Palestine war
Causes of the exodus
Nakba Day
Palestine refugee camps
Palestinian refugee
Present absentee
Transfer Committee
Resolution 194

Background
Mandatory Palestine
New Historians
Palestine · Plan Dalet

Key incidents
Battle of Haifa
Deir Yassin massacre

Notable writers
Ilan Pappé · Tom Segev

Related categories/lists

Related templates
Palestinians

This box:

Around 400 Arab towns and villages were depopulated during the 1948 Palestinian exodus. Some places were entirely destroyed and left uninhabitable;[1][2] others were left with a few hundred residents and were repopulated by Jewish immigrants, then renamed.

Those areas that became a part of Israel and had at least a partial Arab population amounted to around 100 villages and two towns, while Arabs remained in small parts in some of the cities (Haifa, Jaffa and Acre) and Jerusalem was divided between Jordan and Israel. Around 30,000 Palestinians remained in Jerusalem in what became the Arab part of it, in addition to some of the 30,000 non-Jewish refugees moving to it, while there were 5,000 Jewish refugees from the Old City in the Israeli side. An overwhelming part of the Palestinian residents, and other non-Jews such as Greeks and Armenians, of the cities that became a part of Israel (Acre, Haifa, Safad, Tiberias, al-Majdal Asqalan, Beersheba, Jaffa and Beisan) fled or were expelled. Most of the Palestinians who remain there are internally displaced people from the villages around.[3]
Beautiful pleb,I couldn't do better..steve

crazy-pills-o.gif

56661899.jpg

Billo_Really --- Selfie

guno --- Mug Shot

Well Australians have a great swim / dive team, however I think Steve dives in there cause he enjoys the taste of toilet water.

article-2291222-188DCC68000005DC-365_634x321.jpg
I agree Roudy LOL,at least the water looked sanitized....steve

A is for APPLE
B is for BALL
C is for CAT

A is for APPLE
B is for BALL
C is for CAT

images

1948 Palestinian exodus

Main articles
1948 Palestinian exodus

1947–48 civil war
1948 Arab–Israeli War
1948 Palestine war
Causes of the exodus
Nakba Day
Palestine refugee camps
Palestinian refugee
Present absentee
Transfer Committee
Resolution 194

Background
Mandatory Palestine
New Historians
Palestine · Plan Dalet

Key incidents
Battle of Haifa
Deir Yassin massacre

Notable writers
Ilan Pappé · Tom Segev

Related categories/lists

Related templates
Palestinians

This box:

Depopulated because the Arabs started a civil war in an effort to commit genocide on the Jews in their own holy land. When that didn't work all the Arab countries attacked Israel the day after it announced independence and the Arabs still got their butts kicked. Kudos to the Jews for winning over the terrorist savages against all odds. :clap2:

So you have no problem with stealing land

Which land was stolen?
Who was it stolen from?

Whoever was living there, they are called Palestinians.

So if I went to Palestine on holiday I would then be a Palestinian. You do realise that up until 1960 the only Palestinians in existence were the Jews.

Do you realize you are full of shit, as usual. Christian and Muslim Palestinians, formerly Ottoman subjects, acquired Palestinian nationality automatically upon the establishment of the Mandate.

You are confusing "naturalization" laws that applied to invading European Jews.

LEAGUE OF NATIONS

PERMANENT MANDATES COMMISSION

MINUTES
OF THE
FIFTEENTH SESSION

Held at Geneva from October 24th to November 11th, 1927.

including the
REPORT OF THE COMMISSION TO THE COUNCIL

"................those Arabs who were ex-Ottoman subjects and acquired Palestinian citizenship automatically were not required, under the conditions of the law, to apply for such certificates."

- See more at: Mandate for Palestine - League of Nations 12th session - Minutes of the Permanent Mandates Commission 11 November 1927

Wrong as yu miss out the rider at the beginning of the report. The MANDATE OF PALESTINE hereinafter called Palestine. Followed by the mandatory power shall enact a citizenship law and make all subjects mandate of Palestine citizens

You are the biggest bullshitter around. It says no such thing.

So if I produce words to this effect in the Mandate for Palestine you will stop posting and admit that you are wrong ?

The usual fairy tales from Hasbara edited wiki, Now the facts:

"In 63 BC, Judaea became a protectorate of Rome. Coming under the administration of a governor, Judaea was allowed a king; the governor's business was to regulate trade and maximize tax revenue. While the Jews despised the Greeks, theRomans were a nightmare. Governorships were bought at high prices; the governors would attempt to squeeze as much revenue as possible from their regions and pocket as much as they could. Even with a Jewish king, the Judaeans revolted in 70 AD, a desperate revolt that ended tragically. In 73 AD, the last of the revolutionaries were holed up in a mountain fort called Masada; the Romans had besieged the fort for two years, and the 1,000 men, women, and children inside were beginning to starve. In desperation, the Jewish revolutionaries killed themselves rather than surrender to the Romans. The Romans then destroyed Jerusalem, annexed Judaea as a Roman province, and systematically drove the Jews from Palestine. After 73 AD, Hebrew history would only be the history of the Diaspora as the Jews and their world view spread over Africa, Asia, and Europe."

The Diaspora Jewish Virtual Library

DIASPORA, dumbass retard. Ha ha ha.

We are talking about Jewish history in the land of Israel, not in the DIASPORA. Fucking idiot.

Ottoman rule (1517–1917)

The 16th-century nevertheless saw a resurgence of Jewish life in Palestine. Palestinian rabbis were instrumental producing a universally accepted manual of Jewish law and some of the most beautiful liturgical poems. Much of this activity occurred at Safed which had become a spiritual centre, a haven for mystics. Joseph Karo's comprehensive guide to Jewish law, the Shulchan Aruch, was considered so authoritative that the variant customs of German-Polish Jewry were merely added as supplement glosses. Some of the most celebrated hymns were written at in Safed by poets such as Israel Najara andSolomon Alkabetz. The town was also a centre of Jewish mysticism, notable kabbalists included Moses Cordovero and the German-born Naphtali Hertz ben Jacob Elhanan. A new method of understanding the kabbalah was developed by Palestinian mystic Isaac Luria, and espoused by his student Chaim Vital. In Safed, the Jews developed a number of branches of trade, especially in grain, spices, textiles and dyeing. In 1577, a Hebrew printing press was established in Safed. The 8,000 or 10,000 Jews in Safed in 1555 grew to 20,000 or 30,000 by the end of the century.

You really should stop posting from Jew propaganda sites and read some historical fact.

"The Romans then destroyed Jerusalem, annexed Judaea as a Roman province, and systematically drove the Jews from Palestine. After 73 AD, Hebrew history would only be the history of the Diaspora as the Jews and their world view spread over Africa, Asia, and Europe."

You are obviously hanging on to straws. Yes, there is a history of Jews in the diaspora, and then there is a history of Jews in the land of Israel itself.

The Jews kept coming back, over, and over and over. The historical evidence is irrefutable:

History of the Jews and Judaism in the Land of Israel - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
Byzantine period (324–638)

Jews probably constituted the majority of the population of Palestine until the 4th-century, when Constantine converted to Christianity.

Jews lived in at least forty-three Jewish communities in Palestine: twelve towns on the coast, in the Negev, and east of the Jordan, and thirty-one villages in Galilee and in the Jordan valley. The persecuted Jews of Palestine revolted twice against their Christian rulers. In the 5th century, the Western Roman Empire collapsed leading to Christian migration into Palestine and development of a Christian majority. Jews numbered 10–15% of the population. Judaism was the only non-Christian religion tolerated, but there were bans on Jews building new places of worship, holding public office or owning slaves. There were also two Samaritan revolts in this period.[65]

In 438, The Empress Eudocia removed the ban on Jews' praying at the Temple site and the heads of the Community in Galilee issued a call "to the great and mighty people of the Jews": "Know that the end of the exile of our people has come"!

In about 450, the Jerusalem Talmud was completed.

According to Procopius, in 533 Byzantine general Belisarius took the treasures of the Jewish temple from Vandals who had taken them from Rome.

In 611, Sassanid Persia invaded the Byzantine Empire. In 613, a Jewish revolt against the Byzantine Empire joined forces with these Persian invaders to capture Jerusalem in 614. The Jews gained autonomy in Jerusalem, until in 617 when the Persians betrayed agreements and withdrew their forces from the region. With return of the Byzantines in 628, the Byzantine Emperor Heraclius promised to restore Jewish rights and received Jewish help in ousting the Persians with the aid of Jewish leader Benjamin of Tiberias.
Middle Ages (636–1517)After the conquest, Jewish communities began to grow and flourish. Umar allowed and encouraged Jews to settle in Jerusalem. It was first time, after almost 500 years of oppressive Christian rule, that Jews were allowed to enter and worship freely in their holy city.
In the mid-8th-century, taking advantage of the warring Islamic factions in Palestine, a false messiah named Abu Isa Obadiah of Isfahan inspired and organised a group of 10,000 armed Jews who hoped to restore the Holy Land to the Jewish nation.

In 1039, part of the synagogue in Ramla was still in ruins, probably resulting from the earthquake of 1033. Jews also returned to Rafah and documents from 1015 and 1080 attest to a significant community there.

A large Jewish community existed in Ramle and smaller communities inhabited Hebron and the coastal cities of Acre, Caesarea, Jaffa, Ashkelon and Gaza.[citation needed]Al-Muqaddasi (985) wrote that "for the most part the assayers of corn, dyers, bankers, and tanners are Jews." Under the Islamic rule, the rights of Jews and Christians were curtailed and residence was permitted upon payment of the special tax.

Between the 7th and 11th centuries, Masoretes (Jewish scribes) in the Galilee and Jerusalem were active in compiling a system of pronunciation and grammatical guides of the Hebrew language. They authorised the division of the Jewish Tanakh, known as the Masoretic Text, which is regarded as authoritative till today.

Ottoman rule (1517–1917)

The 16th-century nevertheless saw a resurgence of Jewish life in Palestine. Palestinian rabbis were instrumental producing a universally accepted manual of Jewish law and some of the most beautiful liturgical poems. Much of this activity occurred at Safed which had become a spiritual centre, a haven for mystics. Joseph Karo's comprehensive guide to Jewish law, the Shulchan Aruch, was considered so authoritative that the variant customs of German-Polish Jewry were merely added as supplement glosses. Some of the most celebrated hymns were written at in Safed by poets such as Israel Najara andSolomon Alkabetz. The town was also a centre of Jewish mysticism, notable kabbalists included Moses Cordovero and the German-born Naphtali Hertz ben Jacob Elhanan. A new method of understanding the kabbalah was developed by Palestinian mystic Isaac Luria, and espoused by his student Chaim Vital. In Safed, the Jews developed a number of branches of trade, especially in grain, spices, textiles and dyeing. In 1577, a Hebrewprinting press was established in Safed. The 8,000 or 10,000 Jews in Safed in 1555 grew to 20,000 or 30,000 by the end of the century.
Old YishuvJewish life in the Land of Israel

Key events

Key figures

In around 1563, Joseph Nasi secured permission from Sultan Selim II to acquire Tiberias and seven surrounding villages to create a Jewish city-state. He hoped that large numbers of Jewish refugees and Marranos would settle there, free from fear and oppression; indeed, the persecuted Jews of Cori, Italy, numbering about 200 souls, decided to emigrate to Tiberias.Nasi had the walls of the town rebuilt by 1564 and attempted to turn it into a self-sufficient textile manufacturing center by planting mulberry trees for the cultivation of silk. Nevertheless, a number of factors during the following years contributed to the plan's ultimate failure. Nasi's aunt, Doña Gracia Mendes Nasi supported ayeshiva in the town for many years until her death in 1569.

In 1567, a Yemenite scholar and Rabbi, Zechariah Dhahiri, visited Safed and wrote of his experiences in a book entitled Sefer Ha-Musar. His vivid descriptions of the town Safed and of Rabbi Joseph Karo’s yeshiva are of primary importance to historians, seeing that they are a first-hand account of these places, and the only extant account which describes the yeshiva of the great Sephardic Rabbi, Joseph Karo.[127]

In 1576, the Jewish community of Safed faced an expulsion order: 1,000 prosperous families were to be deported to Cyprus, "for the good of the said island", with another 500 the following year.[128] The order was later rescinded due to the realisation of the financial gains of Jewish rental income.[129] In 1586, the Jews of Istanbul agreed to build a fortified khan to provide a refuge for Safed's Jews against "night bandits and armed thieves."[128]

In 1569, the Radbaz moved to Jerusalem, but soon moved to Safed to escape the high taxes imposed on Jews by the authorities.

In 1610, the Yochanan ben Zakai Synagogue in Jerusalem was completed.[130] It became the main synagogue of the Sephardic Jews, the place where their chief rabbi was invested. The adjacent study hall which had been added by 1625 later became the Synagogue of Elijah the Prophet.[130]
Installation of the Chacham Bashi at the Ben Zakai Synagogue, 1893. According to legend, the synagogue stands on the site of the study hall of 1st-century sage, RabbanYochanan ben Zakai. The current building was constructed in 1610.

The Near East earthquake of 1759 destroys much of Safed killing 2000 people with 190 Jews among the dead, and also destroys Tiberias.

The disciples of the Vilna Gaon settled in the land of Israel almost a decade after the arrival of two of his pupils, R. Hayim of Vilna and R. Israel ben Samuel of Shklov. In all there were three groups of the Gaon's students which emigrated to the land of Israel. They formed the basis of the Ashkenazi communities of Jerusalem and Safed, setting up what was known as the Kollel Perushim. Their arrival encouraged an Ashkenazi revival in Jerusalem, whose Jewish community until this time was mostly Sephardi. Many of the descendants of the disciples became leading figures in modern Israeli society. The Gaon himself also set forth with his pupils to the Land, but for an unknown reason he turned back and returned to Vilna where he died soon after.

During the Peasants' Revolt under Muhammad Ali of Egypt's occupation, Jews were targeted in the 1834 looting of Safed and the 1834 Hebron massacre. By 1844,some sources report that Jews had become the largest population group in Jerusalem and by 1890 an absolute majority in the city.

Quoting Wiki which is edited by the Hasbara folks every day is only propagating Zionist propaganda. The facts are in the official documents.

So islamonazi's don't alter wiki articles every day then ? You really are a racist POS aren't you fred.

The usual fairy tales from Hasbara edited wiki, Now the facts:

"In 63 BC, Judaea became a protectorate of Rome. Coming under the administration of a governor, Judaea was allowed a king; the governor's business was to regulate trade and maximize tax revenue. While the Jews despised the Greeks, theRomans were a nightmare. Governorships were bought at high prices; the governors would attempt to squeeze as much revenue as possible from their regions and pocket as much as they could. Even with a Jewish king, the Judaeans revolted in 70 AD, a desperate revolt that ended tragically. In 73 AD, the last of the revolutionaries were holed up in a mountain fort called Masada; the Romans had besieged the fort for two years, and the 1,000 men, women, and children inside were beginning to starve. In desperation, the Jewish revolutionaries killed themselves rather than surrender to the Romans. The Romans then destroyed Jerusalem, annexed Judaea as a Roman province, and systematically drove the Jews from Palestine. After 73 AD, Hebrew history would only be the history of the Diaspora as the Jews and their world view spread over Africa, Asia, and Europe."

DIASPORA, dumbass retard. Ha ha ha.

We are talking about Jewish history in the land of Israel, not in the DIASPORA. Fucking idiot.

Ottoman rule (1517–1917)

The 16th-century nevertheless saw a resurgence of Jewish life in Palestine. Palestinian rabbis were instrumental producing a universally accepted manual of Jewish law and some of the most beautiful liturgical poems. Much of this activity occurred at Safed which had become a spiritual centre, a haven for mystics. Joseph Karo's comprehensive guide to Jewish law, the Shulchan Aruch, was considered so authoritative that the variant customs of German-Polish Jewry were merely added as supplement glosses. Some of the most celebrated hymns were written at in Safed by poets such as Israel Najara andSolomon Alkabetz. The town was also a centre of Jewish mysticism, notable kabbalists included Moses Cordovero and the German-born Naphtali Hertz ben Jacob Elhanan. A new method of understanding the kabbalah was developed by Palestinian mystic Isaac Luria, and espoused by his student Chaim Vital. In Safed, the Jews developed a number of branches of trade, especially in grain, spices, textiles and dyeing. In 1577, a Hebrew printing press was established in Safed. The 8,000 or 10,000 Jews in Safed in 1555 grew to 20,000 or 30,000 by the end of the century.

You really should stop posting from Jew propaganda sites and read some historical fact.

"The Romans then destroyed Jerusalem, annexed Judaea as a Roman province, and systematically drove the Jews from Palestine. After 73 AD, Hebrew history would only be the history of the Diaspora as the Jews and their world view spread over Africa, Asia, and Europe."

You are obviously hanging on to straws. Yes, there is a history of Jews in the diaspora, and then there is a history of Jews in the land of Israel itself.

The Jews kept coming back, over, and over and over. The historical evidence is irrefutable:

History of the Jews and Judaism in the Land of Israel - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
Byzantine period (324–638)

Jews probably constituted the majority of the population of Palestine until the 4th-century, when Constantine converted to Christianity.

Jews lived in at least forty-three Jewish communities in Palestine: twelve towns on the coast, in the Negev, and east of the Jordan, and thirty-one villages in Galilee and in the Jordan valley. The persecuted Jews of Palestine revolted twice against their Christian rulers. In the 5th century, the Western Roman Empire collapsed leading to Christian migration into Palestine and development of a Christian majority. Jews numbered 10–15% of the population. Judaism was the only non-Christian religion tolerated, but there were bans on Jews building new places of worship, holding public office or owning slaves. There were also two Samaritan revolts in this period.[65]

In 438, The Empress Eudocia removed the ban on Jews' praying at the Temple site and the heads of the Community in Galilee issued a call "to the great and mighty people of the Jews": "Know that the end of the exile of our people has come"!

In about 450, the Jerusalem Talmud was completed.

According to Procopius, in 533 Byzantine general Belisarius took the treasures of the Jewish temple from Vandals who had taken them from Rome.

In 611, Sassanid Persia invaded the Byzantine Empire. In 613, a Jewish revolt against the Byzantine Empire joined forces with these Persian invaders to capture Jerusalem in 614. The Jews gained autonomy in Jerusalem, until in 617 when the Persians betrayed agreements and withdrew their forces from the region. With return of the Byzantines in 628, the Byzantine Emperor Heraclius promised to restore Jewish rights and received Jewish help in ousting the Persians with the aid of Jewish leader Benjamin of Tiberias.
Middle Ages (636–1517)After the conquest, Jewish communities began to grow and flourish. Umar allowed and encouraged Jews to settle in Jerusalem. It was first time, after almost 500 years of oppressive Christian rule, that Jews were allowed to enter and worship freely in their holy city.
In the mid-8th-century, taking advantage of the warring Islamic factions in Palestine, a false messiah named Abu Isa Obadiah of Isfahan inspired and organised a group of 10,000 armed Jews who hoped to restore the Holy Land to the Jewish nation.

In 1039, part of the synagogue in Ramla was still in ruins, probably resulting from the earthquake of 1033. Jews also returned to Rafah and documents from 1015 and 1080 attest to a significant community there.

A large Jewish community existed in Ramle and smaller communities inhabited Hebron and the coastal cities of Acre, Caesarea, Jaffa, Ashkelon and Gaza.[citation needed]Al-Muqaddasi (985) wrote that "for the most part the assayers of corn, dyers, bankers, and tanners are Jews." Under the Islamic rule, the rights of Jews and Christians were curtailed and residence was permitted upon payment of the special tax.

Between the 7th and 11th centuries, Masoretes (Jewish scribes) in the Galilee and Jerusalem were active in compiling a system of pronunciation and grammatical guides of the Hebrew language. They authorised the division of the Jewish Tanakh, known as the Masoretic Text, which is regarded as authoritative till today.

Ottoman rule (1517–1917)

The 16th-century nevertheless saw a resurgence of Jewish life in Palestine. Palestinian rabbis were instrumental producing a universally accepted manual of Jewish law and some of the most beautiful liturgical poems. Much of this activity occurred at Safed which had become a spiritual centre, a haven for mystics. Joseph Karo's comprehensive guide to Jewish law, the Shulchan Aruch, was considered so authoritative that the variant customs of German-Polish Jewry were merely added as supplement glosses. Some of the most celebrated hymns were written at in Safed by poets such as Israel Najara andSolomon Alkabetz. The town was also a centre of Jewish mysticism, notable kabbalists included Moses Cordovero and the German-born Naphtali Hertz ben Jacob Elhanan. A new method of understanding the kabbalah was developed by Palestinian mystic Isaac Luria, and espoused by his student Chaim Vital. In Safed, the Jews developed a number of branches of trade, especially in grain, spices, textiles and dyeing. In 1577, a Hebrewprinting press was established in Safed. The 8,000 or 10,000 Jews in Safed in 1555 grew to 20,000 or 30,000 by the end of the century.
Old YishuvJewish life in the Land of Israel

Key events

Key figures

In around 1563, Joseph Nasi secured permission from Sultan Selim II to acquire Tiberias and seven surrounding villages to create a Jewish city-state. He hoped that large numbers of Jewish refugees and Marranos would settle there, free from fear and oppression; indeed, the persecuted Jews of Cori, Italy, numbering about 200 souls, decided to emigrate to Tiberias.Nasi had the walls of the town rebuilt by 1564 and attempted to turn it into a self-sufficient textile manufacturing center by planting mulberry trees for the cultivation of silk. Nevertheless, a number of factors during the following years contributed to the plan's ultimate failure. Nasi's aunt, Doña Gracia Mendes Nasi supported ayeshiva in the town for many years until her death in 1569.

In 1567, a Yemenite scholar and Rabbi, Zechariah Dhahiri, visited Safed and wrote of his experiences in a book entitled Sefer Ha-Musar. His vivid descriptions of the town Safed and of Rabbi Joseph Karo’s yeshiva are of primary importance to historians, seeing that they are a first-hand account of these places, and the only extant account which describes the yeshiva of the great Sephardic Rabbi, Joseph Karo.[127]

In 1576, the Jewish community of Safed faced an expulsion order: 1,000 prosperous families were to be deported to Cyprus, "for the good of the said island", with another 500 the following year.[128] The order was later rescinded due to the realisation of the financial gains of Jewish rental income.[129] In 1586, the Jews of Istanbul agreed to build a fortified khan to provide a refuge for Safed's Jews against "night bandits and armed thieves."[128]

In 1569, the Radbaz moved to Jerusalem, but soon moved to Safed to escape the high taxes imposed on Jews by the authorities.

In 1610, the Yochanan ben Zakai Synagogue in Jerusalem was completed.[130] It became the main synagogue of the Sephardic Jews, the place where their chief rabbi was invested. The adjacent study hall which had been added by 1625 later became the Synagogue of Elijah the Prophet.[130]
Installation of the Chacham Bashi at the Ben Zakai Synagogue, 1893. According to legend, the synagogue stands on the site of the study hall of 1st-century sage, RabbanYochanan ben Zakai. The current building was constructed in 1610.

The Near East earthquake of 1759 destroys much of Safed killing 2000 people with 190 Jews among the dead, and also destroys Tiberias.

The disciples of the Vilna Gaon settled in the land of Israel almost a decade after the arrival of two of his pupils, R. Hayim of Vilna and R. Israel ben Samuel of Shklov. In all there were three groups of the Gaon's students which emigrated to the land of Israel. They formed the basis of the Ashkenazi communities of Jerusalem and Safed, setting up what was known as the Kollel Perushim. Their arrival encouraged an Ashkenazi revival in Jerusalem, whose Jewish community until this time was mostly Sephardi. Many of the descendants of the disciples became leading figures in modern Israeli society. The Gaon himself also set forth with his pupils to the Land, but for an unknown reason he turned back and returned to Vilna where he died soon after.

During the Peasants' Revolt under Muhammad Ali of Egypt's occupation, Jews were targeted in the 1834 looting of Safed and the 1834 Hebron massacre. By 1844,some sources report that Jews had become the largest population group in Jerusalem and by 1890 an absolute majority in the city.

Quoting Wiki which is edited by the Hasbara folks every day is only propagating Zionist propaganda. The facts are in the official documents.

Edited by Hasbara folks everyday ? Where do you come up with this crap? ANYONE can edit Wiki you deluded moron.

He admitted to editing wiki articles himself,

ABBAS has made his policies clear: Peace Offerings....

Camel crap. Abbas would not survive any sincere attempt to make peace with Israel ... his more virulent comrades would snip off his head.

This war has gone beyond the Palestinians who are pawns in a wider war...The Islam of the common people against Western Imperialism is growing, a wider war is brewing!

The conflict (it's hardly a war) has from its start been a regional one with the local Arabs as cannon fodder. Their Muslim "brethren" and global Nazi-types have kept those hapless "refugees" in squalid camps in order to foment the anger and desperation necessary to maintain the conflict. As that reality has become apparent to the locals and the international community, much of the support for their violence has quietly dissipated. During 2014's Operation Protective Edge the Arab World (even Hezbollah) was strangely quiet or even aligned with Israel in an entirely new dynamic:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/31/w...tates-find-themselves-allied-with-israel.html
Poor Sniffer, still seeing Nazis everywhere she goes...Its not rational yet you think that discussion in this conflict is based on love or hate for Israel rather than the simple Land taking by Western Imperialism after WWll...
Now you on the other hand irrationally think that people are opposed to Israel on the basis of Religion and therefore land theft is justified like the Israeli government in this OP....
That's what the Arabs see, 500 million of them being joined by 1.5 billion Muslims because people like you have turned this conflict into a Religious war.
Evidently there are no pictures so you avoided the NY Times article. It says that what you believe to be 2 billion Muslims prepared to go all "Holy War" on Israel sat quietly on their hands (or supported Israel) while their Gaza "brethren" had their asses handed to 'em during Operation Protective Edge.
I realize it hurts you but try to think about exactly what that means.
It means that the Arab Dictators, Sheiks and Kings fear their-own people than Israel who uses their partnership with AIPAC political money to project American Power to cower her opponents...

This arrangement will fall in due time as the Arab popular revolutions mature into Arab Democracies along with the growing realization on American Campuses for this Faustian deal...

Israel is on the wrong side of the human Dialectic for Liberty from foreign influence and freedom...

Do you mean arab democracies like ISIS, hamas, fatah etc. that once elected become dictatorships and banana republics

Camel crap. Abbas would not survive any sincere attempt to make peace with Israel ... his more virulent comrades would snip off his head.

The conflict (it's hardly a war) has from its start been a regional one with the local Arabs as cannon fodder. Their Muslim "brethren" and global Nazi-types have kept those hapless "refugees" in squalid camps in order to foment the anger and desperation necessary to maintain the conflict. As that reality has become apparent to the locals and the international community, much of the support for their violence has quietly dissipated. During 2014's Operation Protective Edge the Arab World (even Hezbollah) was strangely quiet or even aligned with Israel in an entirely new dynamic:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/31/w...tates-find-themselves-allied-with-israel.html
Poor Sniffer, still seeing Nazis everywhere she goes...Its not rational yet you think that discussion in this conflict is based on love or hate for Israel rather than the simple Land taking by Western Imperialism after WWll...
Now you on the other hand irrationally think that people are opposed to Israel on the basis of Religion and therefore land theft is justified like the Israeli government in this OP....
That's what the Arabs see, 500 million of them being joined by 1.5 billion Muslims because people like you have turned this conflict into a Religious war.
Evidently there are no pictures so you avoided the NY Times article. It says that what you believe to be 2 billion Muslims prepared to go all "Holy War" on Israel sat quietly on their hands (or supported Israel) while their Gaza "brethren" had their asses handed to 'em during Operation Protective Edge.
I realize it hurts you but try to think about exactly what that means.
It means that the Arab Dictators, Sheiks and Kings fear their-own people than Israel who uses their partnership with AIPAC political money to project American Power to cower her opponents...

This arrangement will fall in due time as the Arab popular revolutions mature into Arab Democracies along with the growing realization on American Campuses for this Faustian deal...

Israel is on the wrong side of the human Dialectic for Liberty from foreign influence and freedom...

Do you understand the concept of "wishful thinking?" You are once again whistling past the graveyard. Your "Arab Spring" has morphed in a cold, dark, Arab Winter with only the originator - Tunisia - enjoying any perceptible socio-political gains. The old saw about democracy and Arab-Islamism being incompatible has once again proven true.
Proven true? Stop your wishful thinking and braying like a Jack-Ass in a circus and offer us your proof with a link from a non-Zionist source!

Look no further than Palestine where hamas now rule and refuse to hold elections anymore

Yes that Zionist Terrorists drove them into,as an alterative to being slaughtered....Sayit "YOU ARE A CLASSIC IN AS MUCH THAT YOU BLAME THE VICTIMS" Actually you are not a Nice person because your HATE is a manifestation of your corrupt mind and MENTAL STATE........which you seem to enjoy............to me you are a Curr..steve

No their fellow arabs drove them into the camps so they could use them as propaganda.

Forum List

Back