Senegal offers land to Haitians

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
BBC News - Senegal offers land to Haitians

Senegal's president says he will offer free land and "repatriation" to people affected by the earthquake in Haiti.

President Abdoulaye Wade said Haitians were sons and daughters of Africa since Haiti was founded by slaves, including some thought to be from Senegal.

"The president is offering voluntary repatriation to any Haitian that wants to return to their origin," said Mr Wade's spokesman, Mamadou Bemba Ndiaye.

"Senegal is ready to offer them parcels of land - even an entire region. It all depends on how many Haitians come," Mr Bemba Ndiaye said.

"If it's just a few individuals, then we will likely offer them housing or small pieces of land. If they come en masse we are ready to give them a region."

You certainly don't see offers like this often. The sad thing is that a tragedy is what had to trigger such a generous and kind offer.

I'm thinking you need to drink less on Sunday Evening.

Not drinking. I'm pointing out that yes the country is bad in some aspects, as are most countries in the surrounding area I do believe. But my point is that having their own region of land is a better situation for them at the moment.

Edit: I see the confusion and the time I made the post. That's what I get for trying to eat soup and post at the same time. :lol:

Last edited:
I hope the land isn't too arable.
IsNtReal will be over there for a free piece, being "victims" themselves and all........and " faww duh willy willy cheeeep laybuhhhhhhhhhhh !"

I'm thinking you need to drink less on Sunday Evening.

Not drinking. I'm pointing out that yes the country is bad in some aspects, as are most countries in the surrounding area I do believe. But my point is that having their own region of land is a better situation for them at the moment.

Edit: I see the confusion and the time I made the post. That's what I get for trying to eat soup and post at the same time. :lol:

I actually mistook you for USCitizen.:eek:

They add Sherry to Turtle Soup. I'm considering adding Vodka to Campbells Tomato Cream.

At any rate, the only place that Haitian refugees will settle successfully is someplace like Houston, where many Katrina refugees have settled. As a former French Colony, I expect the French to offer refuge.:lol::lol:

****sarcasm****

Forum List

Back