Sending Kids to jail for profit

How many have you been in?

None of your business.

I wasn't suggesting that you were a juvenile offender. I was asking if you've seen any of these facilities at firsthand, aside from reading about them online.

For the record, I've been in dozens. I've done staff training, served on the board of the detention center, and worked inside their facilities. You're drawing a conclusion based upon what knowledge?

I don't care how many prisons you've been in. What you do in your work or personal life is none of my business and what I do in mine is none of yours.

Dude, it's patently obvious to even a small retarded child that you've had your ass handed to you on this thread. But, I'd like to see you prove your case, if you have one.

I've already told you that I don't want to hear about your exploits with small retarded children.

And really, what a clownish joke for you to think that your ignorance of state referrals to behavioral modification institutes somehow constitutes some kind of victory for you. :cuckoo:

I don't care how many prisons you've been in. What you do in your work or personal life is none of my business and what I do in mine is none of yours.

On what basis, then, are you definitively declaring that these private facilities aren't any better?

And really, what a clownish joke for you to think that your ignorance of state referrals to behavioral modification institutes somehow constitutes some kind of victory for you. :cuckoo:

Lame. If you want to make the claim that WWASPs are relevant to the discussion, provide evidence that they played a major role as a sentencing alternative for juvenile justice agencies. Just prove your case. If it's really that obvious, it will be easy to do.

Predicts that this discussion will later be replayed by Agnapostate as "catz demonstrating ignorance of the juvenile justice system" when in fact, Agnapostate didn't provide any substantive arguments.

Agna has a funny spin on things.

Predicts that this discussion will later be replayed by Agnapostate as "catz demonstrating ignorance of the juvenile justice system" when in fact, Agnapostate didn't provide any substantive arguments.

Agna has a funny spin on things.

No, I'm thinking more in line of your claim to having "eviscerated" my commentary on youth economic power and the nature and origins of compulsory schooling. :lol:

No, I'm thinking more in line of your claim to having "eviscerated" my commentary on youth economic power and the nature and origins of compulsory schooling. :lol:

I'm not really interested in revisiting your take on schools, young unwashed hippy wannabe black flag raiser.

However, I do accept your gracious concession of abject defeat on THIS thread. Maybe the next time we discuss juvenile sentencing, you'll have done your homework.

Last edited:
I'm not really interested in revisiting your hippy take on schools.

Hippy? :lol:

Amusing, considering that such an approach was largely developed by John Holt in the 1950's. But then again, someone such as yourself who knows nothing of political theory and less of alternative social commentary wouldn't be expected to be informed on such matters.

This should serve as an important indication of the fact that juvenile courts often remain "kangaroo courts" despite the guidelines established by In re Gault.

Actually, this scenario is rare (thank heavens). More often, juvenile courts lack the facilities to for serious juvenile offender placements to keep them from harming other victims.

I think this is an anomaly, rather than a trend. If you believe otherwise, please provide evidence.

Sending Kids to jail... 02-04-2009 04:45 PM Killuminati The Truth hurts ha?

No, it doesn't. there is no truth in your opinion to hurt me. I have never been charged with a crime punishable by jail time and my skin color isn't exactly white.

I think your as big of a racist as those you claim to be racist.

The man is always beating you down, isn't he?

It's always someone else's fault, isn't it?

Do mistakes happen in the justice system? Of course.

Do some abuse the justice system? Of course.

But not in the numbers reflected, not even close and the mind set you would like us to buy into is not realistic.

So I still see you as an idiot, in fact, let's up it to asshole, so now you have another reason to negative rep me. LOL
:clap2:

Amusing, considering that such an approach was largely developed by John Holt in the 1950's. But then again, someone such as yourself who knows nothing of political theory and less of alternative social commentary wouldn't be expected to be informed on such matters.

argumentum ad hominem in bold as per request.

On what basis, then, are you definitively declaring that these private facilities aren't any better?

On what basis does anyone state an opinion? On facts, and reason. The facts are that we are second only to China in the number of people we incarcerate.

It is more profitable to have legal policies that favor incarceration and long prison sentences.

Last edited:
argumentum ad hominem in bold as per request.

An ad hominem argument, also known as argumentum ad hominem (Latin: "argument to the man", "argument against the man") consists of replying to an argument or factual claim by attacking or appealing to a characteristic or belief of the source making the argument or claim, rather than by addressing the substance of the argument or producing evidence against the claim. The process of proving or disproving the claim is thereby subverted, and the argumentum ad hominem works to change the subject.

Which specific characteristic or belief of yours was attacked in order to invalidate your argument?

Forum List

Back