~Sending Food Back~

Dabs

~Unpredictable~
May 13, 2011
~Tennessee~
When you dine at a restaurant and order your steak prepared a special way...and it comes to your table, not fixed to your liking....how often do you send it back??
Have you ever sent a steak, or any meal...back, because it was not cooked to your liking??
And if you have sent food back...are you not afraid it might piss the cook off and he or she may then end up spitting on your food?? :eek:

If you've ever worked in a restaurant you'll know it's never a good idea to send food back.

Just grin and bear it.

I used to, but these days, I tell the waitress that my food wasn't prepared properly and please remove the charge from my bill. I will not pay for a medium-well steak, when I ordered rare. One complaint from waitress or manager and I drop down cash for drinks and salad and leave.

Never really sent anything back to be re-cooked, or heated up. I have told the wait staff when they came around to ask about my meal that it didn't taste good and she could take it away. I've only done that a few times. Each time I have done this, they usually didn't charge me for the entree. The reason they ask that question is to seal the deal on the food you ordered. If you say "it's great" then you are expected to pay for that entree. If it doesn't meet your approval, then they have to make it meet your approval in order to charge you for the meal. 99.9% of the time though, the food I order is always ok and quickly eaten with no complaint.

I usually just tossed a couple bucks at the watier-ress and walk the fuck out.Done it about times as I recall.....in chainland murka. Never had the problem elsewhere.
When you walk into a shithole like Denny's, Crackeadbarrel,Olive Garden or Red lobster the chef is waiting for the shift to end. When you go through the door of a restaurant with a chef owner, it's passion and pride.

When you dine at a restaurant and order your steak prepared a special way...and it comes to your table, not fixed to your liking....how often do you send it back??
Have you ever sent a steak, or any meal...back, because it was not cooked to your liking??
And if you have sent food back...are you not afraid it might piss the cook off and he or she may then end up spitting on your food?? :eek:

I have sent well-done prime rib back, when I ordered it medium rare and all went fine. I have not thought of the consequences of what happens in the kitchen, as we never really know what mood a cook or chef is in, when they are preparing our meal. We never really know what we are eating.

Any restaurant worth it's garlic, will replace a meal that wasn't cooked to the satisfaction of the customer, as long as it isn't half eaten, or more. It must be sent back, after the first bite or two, and with a decent attitude, for it all to go well. It must be a legit complaint.

The only time I've sent food back is when it's inedible, as in "I think this has turned bad" or "I know this has turned bad". Otherwise, it's just not good food and I don't eat at that place again.

I had fajitas once that were bad. I sent them back but they ended up charging me for them anyway, I just didn't go back. I had some dinner at a local cafe once and the green beans were SOUR..that was yuck...the cook had no idea what he was doing though, so I just told him they were bad and made him promise to throw them out...

Oh and I had egg flower soup at a chinese restaurant I frequented OFTEN...and it was sour. I quietly pointed it out to the waitress, who told the cook/owner, who came to my table during LUNCH HOUR when the place was packed, stuck his finger in my soup, swirled it around, slurped it off and yelled at me 'TOO MUCH SHOY SHAUCE! YOU PUT IN TOO MUCH SHOY SHAUCE!" I was mortified, couldn't believe it. I paid my ticket after he marched back to the kitchen, and told his wife at the register that she needed to dump the soup, it really was sour....

TOO MUCH SHOY SHAUCE!

Forum List

Back