To this address:

The Absolut Spirits Company, Inc.

1370 Avenue of the Americas

New York, NY 10019

USA

To complain, call:

Phone, direct: +1 212 641 87 20

Why?

And who drinks that crap anyway? It's vodka isn't it?

I only do the "brown" shit -- Corona and Jose Cuervo. My contribution to breeching the racial divide.:cool:

To this address:

The Absolut Spirits Company, Inc.

1370 Avenue of the Americas

New York, NY 10019

USA

To complain, call:

Phone, direct: +1 212 641 87 20

All owned by parent company:

1. Ricard
2. Ballantines Scotch
3. Chivas Regal
4. Kalhua
5. Malibu
6. Beefeater
7. Havana Club
8. Stolichnaya
9. John Jamesins
10. Martell
11. Glenlivet
12. Jacob’s Creek
13. Mumm Champagne
14. Montana
15. Perrirer Jouet
16. Seagram’s gin
17. 100 Pipers
18. Amaro Ramazzoti
19. Clan Campbell
20. Imperial
21. Pastis 51
22. Ararat
23. Wild Turkey
24. Royal Salute
25. Tia Maria
26. Suze
27. Royal Stag
28. Ruavieja
29. Wyndham Estate
30. Powers
31. Campo Viejo
32. Hiram Walker
33. Passport
34. Café de Paris
35. Becherovka
36. Don Pedro
37. Olmeca
38. Aberlour
39. Wisers
40. Montilla
41. Presidente
42. Soho/Dita
43. Pernod
44. Wyborowa
45. Something special.

It is a “big to do about nothing” in my opinion.
See an article about the “controversy” for yourself.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/laplaza/2008/04/mexico-reconque.html

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/doc/pol/629649177.html

I can see where that might hit a few nerves given the sensitivity of the illegal immigration issue.

All I can really say is if American beer didn't taste like shit, I wouldn't drink Mexican beer. If American cars didn't fall apart driving off the sales lot, my wife wouldn't drive a Nissan either.

oh well ....:lol:

I can see where that might hit a few nerves given the sensitivity of the illegal immigration issue.

All I can really say is if American beer didn't taste like shit, I wouldn't drink Mexican beer. If American cars didn't fall apart driving off the sales lot, my wife wouldn't drive a Nissan either.

My feelings as well.:cool:

They used to make a lot of local beers back in Wisconsin that still tasted like beer. In the fall they would have the dark beer.

We had two breweries in Oshkosk. Chief Oshkosh and Peoples. Both were good German beers that actually a taste of beer. Both bought out and gone to the great brewery in the sky.

images7.jpg

images6-2.jpg

I am not a beer drinker or much of a drinker at all anymore, but when I taste a Budweiser, I can't believe that people actually drink the tasteless piss water.

Associated Press
updated 8:18 p.m. CT, Sat., April. 5, 2008

MEXICO CITY - The Absolut vodka company apologized Saturday for an ad campaign depicting the southwestern U.S. as part of Mexico amid angry calls for a boycott by U.S. consumers.

The campaign, which promotes ideal scenarios under the slogan "In an Absolut World," showed a 1830s-era map when Mexico included California, Texas and other southwestern states. Mexico still resents losing that territory in the 1848 Mexican-American War and the fight for Texas independence.

But the ads, which ran only in Mexico and have since ended, came as the United States builds up its border security amid an emotional debate over illegal immigration from their southern neighbor.

more ... http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23973492/

Guess everyone can go back to their potato juice now.:cool:

Guess everyone can go back to their potato juice now.:cool:

Another of those, 'Sorry IF you were offended, you just don't get what we were trying to say.' Not the kind of apology that is going to get them where they hope to go imho.

Boo... beer is debatable but downing American cars is against the law in my world. I'll put my Buick, Pontiacs, now Saturn, up against any foreign car. And we'll win, plus it supports America.

Boo... beer is debatable but downing American cars is against the law in my world. I'll put my Buick, Pontiacs, now Saturn, up against any foreign car. And we'll win, plus it supports America.

I'll put my GMC against your Saturn ANY day. :razz:

I gave up on that "buy American just because it supports America" quite a few years ago. When America starts supporting ME by providing me with the highest quality item, then I will buy and do buy American.

One-way deals that always work out in someone else's favor don't work here.

Another of those, 'Sorry IF you were offended, you just don't get what we were trying to say.' Not the kind of apology that is going to get them where they hope to go imho.

I’m sorry but a silly insensitive commercial like this is not something that gets me rattled up. I have too much other stuff on my plate, keeping up with my career, putting food on the table, keeping up with my studies, taking care of my wife, than to remind myself of the evil the Absolute did and to be careful not to but their product. Boycott them if you feel that you must – but for me this is such a microscopic issue – and certainly not something to get so hot and bothered about.

Chavez Regal is some good stuff.

vodka is for high school and college kids who don't know any better. Drink rum like a Pirate!

you are correctumundo.

Vodka is for fratboys to spike their kool-aid with in makeshift toga-fest spoli races. The most Isopropyl smelling alcohol that seems like it should be put onto a cotton ball and wiped on a minor abrasion rather than imbibed. Martinis died with the rat pack and the neon blue and chocolate imposters we have left are no positive testament..

the only, and i do mean ONLY good thing about potato liquer is Jello Shots.

But, of course, this could be merely a reflection of my glib opinon.

:cool:

you are correctumundo.

Vodka is for fratboys to spike their kool-aid with in makeshift toga-fest spoli races. The most Isopropyl smelling alcohol that seems like it should be put onto a cotton ball and wiped on a minor abrasion rather than imbibed. Martinis died with the rat pack and the neon blue and chocolate imposters we have left are no positive testament..

Actually it's pretty good in a Cosmos. ;)

you are correctumundo.

best thing about vodka is martinis...

it's also de rigeur for folk of russian descent... it's up their with caviar, borscht and blini.

you are correctumundo.

Dump the Jell-O shots and I agree. Everyone knows the best Jell-O shots are made from some of Grandaddy's 'secret recipe.':cool:

Forum List

Back