send her to prison for years

DKSuddeth

Oct 20, 2003
North Texas
lea fastow

Ex-Enron Exec Lea Fastow Deal Falls Apart

HOUSTON (Reuters) - A federal judge on Wednesday rejected a plea bargain federal prosecutors had struck with the wife of former Enron Chief Financial Officer Andrew Fastow, prompting her to withdraw her guilty plea.

Lea Fastow, a former Enron assistant treasurer, changed her plea to not guilty after U.S. District Judge David Hittner rejected the deal. He had for months suggested he would not stick to the recommended prison term.

She pleaded guilty on Jan. 14, the same day her husband pleaded guilty to wire and securities fraud and agreed to cooperate with the ongoing probe into Enron's collapse. The five-month deal was designed so that the Fastows' young children would not be without at least one of their parents.

I wonder what the equivolent to a Federal, Pound-you-in-the-ass Prison could be found for women?

The sad part is that the children will suffer. while I dont think she should get off scott free I do believe that the Federal judge should have stuck to the plea agreement or not made one or offered one to began with.

I'll raise her kids - if she sends me $5k a month in 'child support' :D Each.

:D

the fastows should have thought of the consequences to their children before doing this. in other words, its their fault.

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
the fastows should have thought of the consequences to their children before doing this. in other words, its their fault.

I agree, I just hate to see kids have to pay for the dumb crap that their parents did. :(

Forum List

Back