Send a letter to a soldier

sealybobo

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
Michigan
If you go to this web site, Let's Say Thanks you can pick out a thank you card and Xerox will print it and it will be sent to a soldier that is currently serving in Iraq . You can't pick out who gets it, but it will go to a member of the armed services.
How AMAZING it would be if we could get everyone we know to send one!!! It is FREE and it only takes a second.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if the soldiers received a bunch of these? Whether you are for or against the war, our soldiers over there need to know we are behind t hem.
This takes just 10 seconds and it's a wonderful way to say thank you. Please take the time and please take the time to pass it on for others to do. We can never say enough thank you's.
Thanks for taking to time to support our military!

Sealybobo, Great idea! I'll pass onto my friends and groups. I was thinking about the our soldiers overseas and what I could do as an individual. Thanks!

I've been using that site monthly for a couple years. Thanks, Xerox. During the holidays I try to do it more often.

I just sent one card out. I guess we can do it as many times as we like. All it asks from you is your name and hometown.

I just sent one card out. I guess we can do it as many times as we like. All it asks from you is your name and hometown.

Yep. There are other sites set up pretty much the same, I'll have to dig them up. You can send a card to the branch you wish, along with state. Me? I like the Xerox one as it seems more likely that those with no mail will get some.

That's a great site, thanks for posting Seely Boo!

Also folks, don't forget our vets in the VA, who may not get many cards for Christmas........I know Annie's students and mine make them cards, anyone else could organize something like that for their child's classroom too!

Our soldiers overseas and those who have served back home, take time to do something nice for them.

That's a great site, thanks for posting Seely Boo!

Also folks, don't forget our vets in the VA, who may not get many cards for Christmas........I know Annie's students and mine make them cards, anyone else could organize something like that for their child's classroom too!

Our soldiers overseas and those who have served back home, take time to do something nice for them.

I may not like the mission, but I love the soldiers they sent to accomplish it. This Thanksgiving I met a soldier. I shook his hand and told him thank you when I met him and thanks again when he was leaving. Can you imagine that back during Viet Nam people spit on our returning soldiers and called them baby killers? That's like being an Enron stockholder and getting angry at an ex Enron employee. :lol: They lost/sacraficed/got screwed/risked more than us! Anyways...

He was very interesting. He told us what it was like in and out of the green zone, and pretty much confirmed it is a mess over there. He was surprised how much I knew. And we were both surprised how little everyone else at the party knew. American's are Clueless!

They are all hero's. You know the scene where a safe is falling on someone's head and the hero instinctively rushes to the rescue? These guys know they are putting themselves in danger. This isn't the 90's where you join the service so you can get college money. This is the real deal!

I hope to see more people reply. Where are all the Righty's that for 6 years now have said I don't support the troops.

Sorry, I can't help but come here and be political. I'll take it somewhere else.:(

Forum List

Back