Senators call for end to anonymous, prepaid cell phones

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
May 9, 2010
Senators Charles Schumer (D-NY) and John Cornyn (R-TX) joined forces and announced a new bill that would require an ID at the point of sale. Phone companies would need to keep this information on file in order to help police thwart "terrorists, drug lords and gang members," along with the occasional hedge fund manager.

They really do use any excuse to chip away at our civil rights, don't they.

Senators Charles Schumer (D-NY) and John Cornyn (R-TX) joined forces and announced a new bill that would require an ID at the point of sale. Phone companies would need to keep this information on file in order to help police thwart "terrorists, drug lords and gang members," along with the occasional hedge fund manager.

Unbelievable. These wacko's need to be have their heads examined. If I were the type of person that uses a "Cell phone" to commit crimes, surely I could get a fake ID.

Does this mean we can't send anonymous letters either?

but if you ask a brown man for ID you are a racist... so this only applies to white people..not to worry. :eusa_eh:

I'm waiting for the Lefties who were hyperventilating about the Patriot Act to show some outrage here.

I'm waiting for the Lefties who were hyperventilating about the Patriot Act to show some outrage here.

Wrong is wrong, partisan hack.

Besides, this is a fuckup by members of both parties:

Senators Charles Schumer (D-NY) and John Cornyn (R-TX) joined forces and announced a new bill that would require an ID at the point of sale. Phone companies would need to keep this information on file in order to help police thwart "terrorists, drug lords and gang members," along with the occasional hedge fund manager

Speaking of hacks - Modmoron sees one each time he looks in the mirror (and likely scares himself).

We have an Democrat-Administration in the White House that wants to give the FCC control over the internet, has Google as a close crony, and now wants to destroy the privacy of cell phone calls.

Where is the Lefty outrage?

Speaking of hacks - Modmoron sees one each time he looks in the mirror (and likely scares himself).

We have an Democrat-Administration in the White House that wants to give the FCC control over the internet, has Google as a close crony, and now wants to destroy the privacy of cell phone calls.

Lovely.

Wait a minute. Do these two suddenly speak for the White House?

Perhaps you can show me in the article where Obama or anyone a part of the WH said they were waiting for this?

I am not exactly sure what this has to do with Interstate Commerce and I don't have a clue what other provision of the Constitution would justify this.

Terrorism. If Bush had proposed this many here would be defending it. Right wing philosophy demands we give up rights for security on the say so of right wing Politicians.

Schumer is from NY, and I see him playing the tough on terrorism thing, and he gets half a pass, but WTF is up with that douchebagh from Texas?

Where is the Lefty outrage?

Source on your claims about giving the FCC control of the internet?
Source on your claims of Google being a "close crony"?
Source on the White House supporting this bill?

I don't support the bill, and I doubt that any "lefty" on this board does. Bet a few "Conservatives" do though - anything to stop terrorism, right?

I don't support the bill, and I doubt that any "lefty" on this board does. Bet a few "Conservatives" do though - anything to stop terrorism, right?

:popcorn:

:popcorn:
:booze: I'm always thirsty. I wonder why the bar always puts out free :popcorn:

:booze: :popcorn: :booze: :popcorn: :booze:

Terrorism. If Bush had proposed this many here would be defending it. Right wing philosophy demands we give up rights for security on the say so of right wing Politicians.

Schumer is from NY, and I see him playing the tough on terrorism thing, and he gets half a pass, but WTF is up with that douchebagh from Texas?

I think politicians of both parties will be afraid to stand up and protest this for fear that their opponents, again of both parties, will call them soft on terror/crime.

As for that douchebag from Texas, he has never had an original idea in his life. This is just him trying to give more power to the government to look over your shoulder and into your private life.

Where is Boe with the response to show me where in the article that this has the WH backing? Oh Boe! Where art thou? :eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back