Senator Webb Will Not Seek Reelection

Yes, I am following the thread.

What political positions is Webb being criticized for in this thread?

You're following the thread, but you don't know what its about?

hint: look for the first occurrence of word "rat" and then the subsequent posts.

Yeah, I caught that ...

It was knee jerk post from an ignorant political hack and not a criticism of Webb's positions. So anytime you want to point out the positions of Webb's being attacked I'm all eyes.

It was an analogy... It remains one... The fact the word "rat" is used as an derogatory comment towards democrats is not my concern nor was it my intention when the comment was made, although watching you bedwetters get all bent is quite amusing...

I'll admit the "quitter" comment was just to get a rise out of the usual suspects... Sue me...

Too bad you have gone douche on us... There was a time when you would try to have a conversation without going douche, but something seems to have snapped and now you're just another leftist hack du jour...

I raise a glass with the hope you'll change your full on douche ways... :beer:

For those who say he's a moderate dem, what were his votes in the Senate that set him aside from the establisment leadership? When did he buck the system? (that's a phrase, BTW, and does not mean I infered he inserted a dollar into his computer)

Last edited:
Here is how he voted on key votes... Overwhelmingly with his fellow D's...

Key Votes by Jim Webb - U.S. Congress Votes Database - The Washington Post

Yeah, the extension of The Bush Tax Cuts was a Democratic bill.
You better check your lunch bag.
You are a ham sandwich short of a picnic lunch.

The man almost always voted with the democratics....

Take a look at the votes and tell me how he wasn't just another party firster...

And didn't Bary want the tax cuts extended?

Here is how he voted on key votes... Overwhelmingly with his fellow D's...

Key Votes by Jim Webb - U.S. Congress Votes Database - The Washington Post

Take a look at the votes and tell me how he wasn't just another party firster...

Just because Obama supported the tax cuts-doesn't mean it wasn't a Republican bill.

Just because Obama supported the tax cuts-doesn't mean it wasn't a Republican bill.

You're missing the forrest for the trees, Jimbo....

(yes, that's another expression)

Virginia Senator Jim Webb plans to announce today that he won't seek reelection, a senior Senate source said.

Webb appeared likely to face a rematch with former Senator George Allen, whom he beat in a bruising 2006 contest. He had expressed ambivalence about the prospect of another run, and has said he never planned a life in politics.

Politico

Whoa, this is a game changer. This presents a prime opportunity for the GOP to pick up another seat in the Senate. While it looked like in 2008 Virginia was turning blue, it swung wildly back to the GOP last year.

Virginia was always red. If you recall, Webb ran as a Reagan conservative. It was a slick political campaign that blindsided republicans who ran a lackluster campaign for Allen. Democrats forgot to mention that Webb was fired by Reagan but by that time they had the mementum and they managed a smear campaign against Allen for using a slang word that nobody ever heard or heard of..

Virginia Senator Jim Webb plans to announce today that he won't seek reelection, a senior Senate source said.

Webb appeared likely to face a rematch with former Senator George Allen, whom he beat in a bruising 2006 contest. He had expressed ambivalence about the prospect of another run, and has said he never planned a life in politics.

Politico

Whoa, this is a game changer. This presents a prime opportunity for the GOP to pick up another seat in the Senate. While it looked like in 2008 Virginia was turning blue, it swung wildly back to the GOP last year.

Virginia was always red. If you recall, Webb ran as a Reagan conservative. It was a slick political campaign that blindsided republicans who ran a lackluster campaign for Allen. Democrats forgot to mention that Webb was fired by Reagan but by that time they had the mementum and they managed a smear campaign against Allen for using a slang word that nobody ever heard or heard of..

"smear campaign": slang for what losers allege when they lose at POLITICS.

"smear campaign": slang for what losers allege when they lose at POLITICS.
wait, Obama lost?

virginia was always red. If you recall, webb ran as a reagan conservative. It was a slick political campaign that blindsided republicans who ran a lackluster campaign for allen. Democrats forgot to mention that webb was fired by reagan but by that time they had the mementum and they managed a smear campaign against allen for using a slang word that nobody ever heard or heard of..

"smear campaign": Slang for what losers allege when they lose at politics.
wait, obama lost?
^^see

Forum List

Back