Senator Warren (D-MA) lends support

I just hope she doesn't "turn" AKA- become a wall st toadie/water-carrier like many of the other long-time reps in D.C.

I just hope she doesn't "turn" AKA- become a wall st toadie/water-carrier like many of the other long-time reps in D.C.

just because she did a ton of work for big insurance companies, fucked a bunch of coal miners out of their pensions and raked in a bunch of cash from wall street is no reason to think that she's just like every other asshole pol in america.

no reason at all.

just because she did a ton of work for big insurance companies, fucked a bunch of coal miners out of their pensions and raked in a bunch of cash from wall street is no reason to think that she's just like every other asshole pol in america.

no reason at all.

link?

Are you referring to LTV? I found this: Elizabeth Warren & LTV Steel - Credit Slips
That problem was the Second Circuit’s conclusion that the trust (and therefore the retirees who would draw from the trust) had no bankruptcy claim against LTV because it had no rights against LTV on the petition date; those rights only came later when Congress passed the Coal Act. In other words, because workers had no rights at all against the company on the day it went bankrupt, they couldn’t partake in the bankruptcy, period. This worried Warren. It meant that retirees, workers, and victims in future cases would be prevented from asserting any claims if Congress gave them a right to compensation but the company had already managed to file for bankruptcy. The workers would have to sit on the sidelines until after the bankruptcy was over.

Last edited:
Warren sworn in a 2nd time as Mass. US senator | CapeCodOnline.com
ROXBURY -- Two days after being officially sworn in as Massachusetts' junior U.S. senator, Democrat Elizabeth Warren took the oath of office for a second time, before hundreds of supporters and campaign volunteers in Boston.

The second oath was administered Saturday at Roxbury Community College by Supreme Court Justice Elena Kagan.

Warren was officially sworn in Thursday with other newly-elected senators by Vice President Joe Biden in Washington, but the senator decided to hold a reenactment in Massachusetts to thank supporters who could not make the trip.

Warren sworn in a 2nd time as Mass. US senator | CapeCodOnline.com
"I'm the one taking the oath of office today, but this day is not mine alone," said Warren, who defeated incumbent Sen. Scott Brown, a Republican, in November. "For everyone who worked one way or another on this campaign, this day is for you."

Campaign volunteer Michael Wilcox, 66, drove from Berkshire County, at the other end of the state, to see Warren's mock swearing-in.

Guests and speakers at Saturday's mock swearing-in included Gov. Deval Patrick, Lt. Gov. Tim Murray, U.S. Sen. John Kerry, retired Congressman Barney Frank and other members of Massachusetts' congressional delegation and state government.

Kerry waxed nostalgic about his 28 years in the Senate, noting that the number of woman senators had increased substantially since he took office in 1985.

"I'll tell you the pride with which I can stand in front of you and say today, `There are now 20 women in the United States Senate,'" Kerry said. "Most importantly of all, Massachusetts has elected its first woman senator in history."

I went to that. The crowd was really, really excited. No exaggeration that there were hundreds there. The article left off naming some of the other notable speakers and guests. The media center overflowed and people were redirected to the student center half an hour after the doors opened, and half an hour before the start,. She went to the student center after her second swearing in. She shook hands, took pictures, and gave hugs to every one will to wait in the long line. It was about 5 when I, as one of the last ones, got a hug. :D

New Topics

Forum List

Back