Senator Susan Collins (R-ME): I dont believe your denials, Roy

Another Republican Senator just got on the record doubting Roy Moore's defense against accusations of pedophilia and sexual assault: Collins: Moore's denials aren't convincing - CNNPolitics

With Jones taking the lead in recent polls, this does not help Moore's situation a bit.

Okay, so you know, Susan Collins is NOT one of the republicans you want your Trump criticisms to come from as she typically votes with democrats.
We still have Starkey, right?

No, actually what needs to happen is that radical alt-right types like you need to form your own party and stop shitting on reasonable legislators on your own ticket.

No not really. I’m really not a radical right type. Honestly, most who come off that way or as a radicle lefty aren’t really that crazy. Let me ask you, I’ll assume you voted for her in 1997 up to now. Why? What legislation has she pushed and what has she passed or voted “yea” on that keeps you voting? Here in Texas the same can be asked of Cornin, as well as the tea parties old hero ted Po as well as Ted Cruz. They get you to vote for them because it’s easy. We don’t have to pay attention. She has been there to long and has become a political critter. They need to go on both sides.
There are Dems saying that, I admit. She has always been a political critter, as they all are if they run for political office. I'm not sure what you are expecting or how you think someone else you vote for will be different. If for instance we're talking about Roy Moore, do you think he is not a political critter? The guy who rides his horse and wears his pop gun in his pocket at rallies? I think he's spectacularly ready to mount a show for the public. To me that's pretty political. (I doubt if he actually rides a horse around for transportation very much.)

I want them ALL gone. All who serve now serve for them shelves. Time for the new guard to come along.
Like I said, that sounds idealistic to me, but I certainly understand what you mean. Congress has not been doing a great job the past few years. Too much division makes it impossible to get stuff done. Will your new group be more willing to work for the people by working together?

And never a battle of ideas. It’s all emotional bull shit spiewed on the 24 hour news networks. No political animal can say “here is my tax plan, this is why it’s better”, no, it’s “he will kill all the old people, he will ban abortion, he will ban guns, he will have gay people burned alive, he will replace the constitution with the Bible, he is a communist, he is a child molester, he is gay, he was gay when he ran, but he isn’t gay anymore, whatever. Can’t we just stick to the ideas?
Just a suggestion: Don't watch the 24 hour news networks! I have never heard any of this on the media--only from crazy people here.

Old Yeller : Just what is so funny, dude?
If you're going to mock three of my serious posts in a row, you could at least chime in.

Manners--I tell ya, they're not what they used to be, folks.

I only have a tablet right now. Difficult for me. I can laugh at you "the independent" and how great.....lol

Collins is a sack of human garbage. She voted for that phony stimulus nonsense that basically racked up about $786B*8 of debt. They carried that level spending with no budget for 8 years. She may have dementia and Parkinson's too. When I see Joe Manchins name it makes me laugh.

"Three Republican moderates—Sens. Olympia Snowe and Susan Collins of Maine and Sen. Arlen Specter of Pennsylvania—voted"........ (trio of clowns)

I only have a tablet. Difficult for me. I can laugh at you "the independent".

Collins is a sack of human garbage. She voted for that phony stimulus nonsense that basically raced up about $786B*8 of debt. They carried that level spending with no budget for 8 years. She may have dementia and Parkinson's. Too. Wackjob when I see Joe Manchins name it makes me laugh.

Three Republican moderates—Sens. Olympia Snowe and Susan Collins of Maine and Sen. Arlen Specter of Pennsylvania—voted........ (trio of clowns)
I AM an Independent and that's the god's honest truth. F.U. if you prefer to make up on your own fantasies about your "opposition." Yup--moderates are making you guys cringe like sunlight to a vampire.

I judge by past performance, what have they done that improves things for my state. last election voted for Dems, republicans, and one independent. the reality is that most of them vote for there pocket book. spend our money like a drunk on a binge. have a narrow alley mind set, when any of them buck there own party over a bill that hurts more than it helps,I tend to have some respect for them even if I don't agree.

Another Republican Senator just got on the record doubting Roy Moore's defense against accusations of pedophilia and sexual assault: Collins: Moore's denials aren't convincing - CNNPolitics

With Jones taking the lead in recent polls, this does not help Moore's situation a bit.

Here is a list of each woman and their statements. I dont think it has the new allegations on it, and judging by the media response, not really newsworthy.

Leigh Corfman: Claims Moore provided her with alcohol and sexually assaulted her when she was 14 years old.

She claimed a 32-year-old Moore picked her up near her house in Gadsden, Ala., and drove her to a remote location in the woods, where he told her “how pretty she was and kissed her,” according to the Washington Post.

“On a second visit, she said, he took off her shirt and pants and removed his clothes. He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear,” the report added.

And ill insert here, she has not said anything since November 9 that I can find.

Wendy Miller: Claims Moore asked her out on a date when she was 16 years old and he was 32. Her mother said no.

Short on details. Where is she at and why is their no interview by the media? Facts please.

Debbie Wesson Gibson: Claims she dated Moore for roughly three months in 1981 when she was 17 years old.

Gibson said he would read her poetry and serenade her with his guitar. She said he kissed her twice during the time they dated. He was 34 at the time.

November 9th as well. Why no TV interview with her telling her side of the story?

Gloria Thacker Deason: Claims she dated Moore on-and-off again when she was 18 and he was 32 after an initial meeting at the Gadsden Mall in 1979.

Deason said their physical relationship never went further than kissing and hugging. Like Corfman, Deason also said Moore gave her alcohol on dates, even though she was below the legal drinking age.

Okay, so long on allegation, where is this woman at?

Beverly Young Nelson: Claims Moore sexually assaulted her in 1977 when she was 16 years old.

Nelson worked as a waitress at a diner Moore frequented. She said Moore once offered to give her a ride home after her shift ended. Instead, she added, he parked his truck in the back of the diner and tried to force her to perform oral sex on him.

“I tried to open my car door to leave, but he reached over and he locked it so I could not get out,” Nelson said in a statement published this week. “I tried fighting him off while yelling at him to stop. But instead of stopping, he began squeezing my neck, attempting to force my head onto his crotch. I continued to struggle.”

“I was determined that I was not going to allow him to force me to have sex with him. I was terrified, he was also trying to pull my shirt off. I thought that he was going to rape me. I was twisting and struggling and I was begging him to stop. I had tears running down my face,” she added.

Moore was 30 years old at the time.

Then this one, this is attempted rape no matter how you cut it. But since the credibility of her "evidence" has been brought to question, and the fact that Gloria Allred is under investigation by the California Bar, she has kind of dropped off the radar.

Tina Johnson: Claims Moore groped her in his office in 1991 when she was 28 years old.

"He kept commenting on my looks, telling me how pretty I was, how nice I looked," Johnson told the Birmingham News. "He was saying that my eyes were beautiful."

"I was thinking, can we hurry up and get out of here?" she added

Johnson said Moore repeatedly flirted with her and complimented her on her looks, saying things like he wondered if her children were as good looking as their mother.

She also alleged that as she turned to leave his office after their meeting, Moore grabbed her buttocks.

"He didn't pinch it; he grabbed it," said Johnson

Moore was 44 years old at the time.

Kelly Harrison Thorp: Claims Moore asked her out in 1982 when she was a 17-year-old waitress at Red Lobster.

She said Moore, who was 35 at the time, came into her restaurant one day, introduced himself and then immediately asked her out on a date.

"I just kind of said, 'Do you know how old I am?'" she recalled asking, according to the Birmingham News.

"And he said, 'Yeah. I go out with girls your age all the time.”

Gena Richardson: Claims Moore pursued her relentlessly in 1977 when she was an 18-year-old high school senior.

Richardson said she met Moore at the Gadsden Mall, where he asked her which school she attended. She said he also asked for her phone number, which she said she declined to give.

Richardson said he then called her when she was in trigonometry class and asked her out on a date. She said he called a few more times until she relented, and agreed to go to the movies with him.

After their first date, she said, Moore gave her an unsolicited, “forceful” kiss, which prompted her to break off further contact with him.

“It was a man kiss — like really deep tongue. Like very forceful tongue. It was a surprise. I’d never been kissed like that,” she says. “And the minute that happened, I got scared then,” she told the Post. “I really did. Something came over me that scared me. And so I said, ‘I’ve got to go because my curfew is now.’”

Becky Gray: Claims Moore repeatedly asked her out on dates when she was 22 years old he was 30.

All the same. Made their allegations then ran and hid. Please, point to the compelling testimony .

Forum List

Back