Senator Susan Collins (R-ME): I dont believe your denials, Roy

Another Republican Senator just got on the record doubting Roy Moore's defense against accusations of pedophilia and sexual assault: Collins: Moore's denials aren't convincing - CNNPolitics

With Jones taking the lead in recent polls, this does not help Moore's situation a bit.

Yet she believes some random gal's accusations? Over her political allies?

What a moron, vote her out already. This kind of 3rd world witch hunter would be much more fitting for the D party anyway.

Well, it's more than just a "random gal's accusations." At this point, there are at least 7 women who have accused Moore of perhaps inappropriate conduct. I don't know how many have accused him of actually doing something illegal. There is the one woman who says he was trying to date her when she was 14, and another woman who claims he grabbed her ass during a meeting about child custody or something along those lines. There are also reports from a number of other people who lived in the area at those times who say Moore was known for trying to date high school girls.

How does Moore being a "political ally" give him more credibility? Are you more likely to believe someone simply because of their political affiliation? Besides, according to the article, Collins was opposed to Moore prior to these allegations due to Moore's time as Alabama chief justice.

So other then what they said, what’s the “compelling” evidence? Pleas show us what convinced you personally?

I never claimed to be convinced of anything personally. You seem to be another poster who takes any attempt to correct facts as someone who is taking a position. As far as I know, all of the evidence involved is from statements, with no physical evidence involved. I have no idea if the accusations are true or not.

Na, na, y’all are partisan to, just more entertaining. That she carries on like this should piss you off. At least she is seeming to look out for you with the tax thing, and really that’s what you sent her for. Not grandstanding on the news. That gos for all of them.

That poster loves her because she's a RINO fraud. He or she is a Democrat. Collins and other RINO frauds like her, need to be purged from the Party.
No, actually what needs to happen is that radical alt-right types like you need to form your own party and stop shitting on reasonable legislators on your own ticket.

Yes of course, you'd love there to be no opposition to you Communist/Progressive wankers. But guess what? Ain't gonna happen. The RINO frauds will be purged at some point. Bet on it.

I want ALL the republicans gone. All the ones there now have been there all along. They got re-elected by scared sheep who they told on the radio to vote (R) all the way down. No republican is any better then the commie fucks you rail about.

Can't disagree with ya much on that assessment. They've become entrenched Swamp Creatures that can never be trusted. But purging the RINO frauds would be a good start towards making things right.

I think that’s going to happen on both sides. I think it’s a given. What we are seeing now is a battle in both parties to see what they are going to be for the next 100 years. I just wish the battle was decieded on ideal and not selatious rid bits tossed out in the news.

Another Republican Senator just got on the record doubting Roy Moore's defense against accusations of pedophilia and sexual assault: Collins: Moore's denials aren't convincing - CNNPolitics

With Jones taking the lead in recent polls, this does not help Moore's situation a bit.

What a moron, vote her out already. This kind of 3rd world witch hunter would be much more fitting for the D party anyway.

Well, it's more than just a "random gal's accusations." At this point, there are at least 7 women who have accused Moore of perhaps inappropriate conduct. I don't know how many have accused him of actually doing something illegal. There is the one woman who says he was trying to date her when she was 14, and another woman who claims he grabbed her ass during a meeting about child custody or something along those lines. There are also reports from a number of other people who lived in the area at those times who say Moore was known for trying to date high school girls.

How does Moore being a "political ally" give him more credibility? Are you more likely to believe someone simply because of their political affiliation? Besides, according to the article, Collins was opposed to Moore prior to these allegations due to Moore's time as Alabama chief justice.

So other then what they said, what’s the “compelling” evidence? Pleas show us what convinced you personally?

I never claimed to be convinced of anything personally. You seem to be another poster who takes any attempt to correct facts as someone who is taking a position. As far as I know, all of the evidence involved is from statements, with no physical evidence involved. I have no idea if the accusations are true or not.

Umhm, so then should Moore walk away?

I can't answer that. I don't know if the accusations are true, I don't know if the scandal will follow him and hurt his ability to govern, I don't know how this is affecting and will affect him personally. That is a decision for him and his friends and family. I don't like the little I know of him as a judge, but if he thinks he should stay in the race, that's entirely up to him. And if the voters of Alabama put him into office, that is up to them. I don't live in Alabama.

I can't answer that. I don't know if the accusations are true, I don't know if the scandal will follow him and hurt his ability to govern, I don't know how this is affecting and will affect him personally. That is a decision for him and his friends and family. I don't like the little I know of him as a judge, but if he thinks he should stay in the race, that's entirely up to him. And if the voters of Alabama put him into office, that is up to them. I don't live in Alabama.

It will hurt him. He will be a useless senator. His character has been successfully assassinated. It’s not the crime, it’s the alligation, who likes you, and who doesn’t. Take Menedez. He likes to screw 13 year old hookers, he gets a pass for now, yet the accusations came out years ago. All these fuckers need to go. I hey have all been there to long. Want change ? Ban straight ticket voting. That would be a good place to starte.

When was Moore accused of pedophilia?

About three weeks ago. Just before weird Al.

No, Moore was accused of an inappropriate, perhaps illegal, contact with a 14-year-old. Unless that 14-year-old was prepubescent, it would not be pedophilia. I am aware of the accusations against Moore, I am merely arguing that pedophilia is an incorrect term to use.

It will hurt him. He will be a useless senator. His character has been successfully assassinated. It’s not the crime, it’s the alligation, who likes you, and who doesn’t. Take Menedez. He likes to screw 13 year old hookers, he gets a pass for now, yet the accusations came out years ago. All these fuckers need to go. I hey have all been there to long. Want change ? Ban straight ticket voting. That would be a good place to starte.

Ban straight ticket voting? That's a terrible idea. People should vote for who they want to vote for. I've been swayed to the idea of term limits, but I could not support the idea that voters are forced to vote against their wishes among the listed candidates.

No, Moore was accused of an inappropriate, perhaps illegal, contact with a 14-year-old. Unless that 14-year-old was prepubescent, it would not be pedophilia. I am aware of the accusations against Moore, I am merely arguing that pedophilia is an incorrect term to use.

That part comes down to be law, and there are so many. But that’s my point. Let them bring it to court, not Fox News.

Ban straight ticket voting? That's a terrible idea. People should vote for who they want to vote for. I've been swayed to the idea of term limits, but I could not support the idea that voters are forced to vote against their wishes among the listed candidates.

But they don’t. They pay attention to the big names on a ticket then hit (r) or (d) all the way down. Gotta do something to get people to consider carefully who they send there to Washington.

My God, when is that Swamp Creature RINO Collins gonna get the boot? She's such a fraud jerk. :mad-61:
Sorry, us Mainers love her. We tend to be reasonable, not partisan nuts.

Na, na, y’all are partisan to, just more entertaining. That she carries on like this should piss you off. At least she is seeming to look out for you with the tax thing, and really that’s what you sent her for. Not grandstanding on the news. That gos for all of them.

That poster loves her because she's a RINO fraud. He or she is a Democrat. Collins and other RINO frauds like her, need to be purged from the Party.
No, actually what needs to happen is that radical alt-right types like you need to form your own party and stop shitting on reasonable legislators on your own ticket.

No not really. I’m really not a radical right type. Honestly, most who come off that way or as a radicle lefty aren’t really that crazy. Let me ask you, I’ll assume you voted for her in 1997 up to now. Why? What legislation has she pushed and what has she passed or voted “yea” on that keeps you voting? Here in Texas the same can be asked of Cornin, as well as the tea parties old hero ted Po as well as Ted Cruz. They get you to vote for them because it’s easy. We don’t have to pay attention. She has been there to long and has become a political critter. They need to go on both sides.
There are Dems saying that, I admit. She has always been a political critter, as they all are if they run for political office. I'm not sure what you are expecting or how you think someone else you vote for will be different. If for instance we're talking about Roy Moore, do you think he is not a political critter? The guy who rides his horse and wears his pop gun in his pocket at rallies? I think he's spectacularly ready to mount a show for the public. To me that's pretty political. (I doubt if he actually rides a horse around for transportation very much.)

But they don’t. They pay attention to the big names on a ticket then hit (r) or (d) all the way down. Gotta do something to get people to consider carefully who they send there to Washington.

If that is who the voter wants to vote for, it is up to them. I vehemently disagree with the idea of telling someone, "Here are two choices for this office. Because of how you voted on a previous choice, you can only vote for one of the two choices here."

Sorry, us Mainers love her. We tend to be reasonable, not partisan nuts.

No not really. I’m really not a radical right type. Honestly, most who come off that way or as a radicle lefty aren’t really that crazy. Let me ask you, I’ll assume you voted for her in 1997 up to now. Why? What legislation has she pushed and what has she passed or voted “yea” on that keeps you voting? Here in Texas the same can be asked of Cornin, as well as the tea parties old hero ted Po as well as Ted Cruz. They get you to vote for them because it’s easy. We don’t have to pay attention. She has been there to long and has become a political critter. They need to go on both sides.
There are Dems saying that, I admit. She has always been a political critter, as they all are if they run for political office. I'm not sure what you are expecting or how you think someone else you vote for will be different. If for instance we're talking about Roy Moore, do you think he is not a political critter? The guy who rides his horse and wears his pop gun in his pocket at rallies? I think he's spectacularly ready to mount a show for the public. To me that's pretty political. (I doubt if he actually rides a horse around for transportation very much.)

I want them ALL gone. All who serve now serve for them shelves. Time for the new guard to come along.

If that is who the voter wants to vote for, it is up to them. I vehemently disagree with the idea of telling someone, "Here are two choices for this office. Because of how you voted on a previous choice, you can only vote for one of the two choices here."

Then we should get cozy with the swamp.

That part comes down to be law, and there are so many. But that’s my point. Let them bring it to court, not Fox News.

For many of the accusations against Moore, nothing illegal occurred. There would be no bringing anything to court. The accusations are more about his character, I think.

Then we should get cozy with the swamp.

If that's who people vote into office, that's who people vote into office. Even if you ban straight ticket voting, what do you think will really change? Those same people will vote straight ticket except for a single vote, and that single vote will be the most minor one they can cast....perhaps even simply leaving a blank. Politicians would look to consolidate voting, to get as many offices on the same ticket as possible, to lessen the blow. And it requires telling people they cannot vote for the person they wish to vote for.

If the majority of voters are happy with the swamp, unfortunately, that's what we get.

I want them ALL gone. All who serve now serve for them shelves. Time for the new guard to come along.
Like I said, that sounds idealistic to me, but I certainly understand what you mean. Congress has not been doing a great job the past few years. Too much division makes it impossible to get stuff done. Will your new group be more willing to work for the people by working together?

For many of the accusations against Moore, nothing illegal occurred. There would be no bringing anything to court. The accusations are more about his character, I think.

Okay, so other then Roy Moore looking the part, what have you SEEN that has convinced you?

Like I said, that sounds idealistic to me, but I certainly understand what you mean. Congress has not been doing a great job the past few years. Too much division makes it impossible to get stuff done. Will your new group be more willing to work for the people by working together?

And never a battle of ideas. It’s all emotional bull shit spiewed on the 24 hour news networks. No political animal can say “here is my tax plan, this is why it’s better”, no, it’s “he will kill all the old people, he will ban abortion, he will ban guns, he will have gay people burned alive, he will replace the constitution with the Bible, he is a communist, he is a child molester, he is gay, he was gay when he ran, but he isn’t gay anymore, whatever. Can’t we just stick to the ideas?

Okay, so other then Roy Moore looking the part, what have you SEEN that has convinced you?

I can only guess that either you don't actually read my posts, or you have a very short memory. I just responded to you in another post today in this thread in which I told you I have no idea if the accusations against Moore are true or not. I've already said that I have not been convinced.

Forum List

Back