Senator Ron Paul says

Which is why libertarian style government doesn't exist in no place on Earth....unless you want to count Somalia...

Somalia doesn't HAVE a government --- just warlords, I think.

So that's anarchy, which is not identical to libertarianism. Libertarians believe in government -- it just has to be restricted to defense from external threats and crime-fighting, and maybe federal highways. Highways are controversial.
Why do you think government good? History clearly proves you wrong. Nothing has caused more death, destruction and suffering than government. Unfortunately too many people think lack of government, is just the worst.
This utopia of "no government" -- always leads to complete misery and destruction before you reach this utopia......you will basically have feudalism...government is people....if you don't like government, blame the people....government isn't some mysterious alien force....

Do away with government and those with the most wealth (of which they acquired with the aid of government) -- simply replaces the government --- and most of the interests they make will born out of their own self interests and not those of the greater good....

By the way, what will be the currency?? The only reason we place value on dollars is because we can pay taxes with it -- without a government, money has no value.....this is why libertarianism is nothing more than a masturbatory exercise for narcissists who don't want to pay taxes --- but wants to benefit from all of the infrastructure taxes paid for...

Which is why libertarian style government doesn't exist in no place on Earth....unless you want to count Somalia...

So that's anarchy, which is not identical to libertarianism. Libertarians believe in government -- it just has to be restricted to defense from external threats and crime-fighting, and maybe federal highways. Highways are controversial.
Why do you think government good? History clearly proves you wrong. Nothing has caused more death, destruction and suffering than government. Unfortunately too many people think lack of government, is just the worst.
This utopia of "no government" -- always leads to complete misery and destruction before you reach this utopia......you will basically have feudalism...government is people....if you don't like government, blame the people....government isn't some mysterious alien force....

Do away with government and those with the most wealth (of which they acquired with the aid of government) -- simply replaces the government --- and most of the interests they make will born out of their own self interests and not those of the greater good....

By the way, what will be the currency?? The only reason we place value on dollars is because we can pay taxes with it -- without a government, money has no value.....this is why libertarianism is nothing more than a masturbatory exercise for narcissists who don't want to pay taxes --- but wants to benefit from all of the infrastructure taxes paid for...
You have it backwards. How can you be so blind?

I know it’s hard to wrap your head around a society without government, as we know it today. Give it a try. It’s worth it.

Here is a great column for you.
Working Around Leviathan - LewRockwell LewRockwell.com

Libertarianism is not anarchy, and you are describing anarchy. Even I know that, and I haven't studied it as much as I want to. Anarchy is crazy, as you describe, but Libertarianism might save this country, if it's not carried to weird extremes. In my opinion. They are different. I don't think you should pretend anarchy and Libertarianism are the same political theory, because they are not. There are books on this stuff, you could read some.

Forum List

Back