Senator (Rockefeller): Let’s study violent video games—again

Think about it?

was that NRA guy so uninformed on the things he was talking about that he could NOT name a NEW game or Movie?

then hes no expert huh?

He purposely avoided pissing off any copywrite owner who is currently making big money on a new game or movie.

that is because old ones dont make as much cash.

These games and movies promote new guns sales so he carefully picked ten your old examples to avoid a big money backlash

how many people does he say he represents?

that number is way lower than the Union leaders yet when the unions leader do press announcements there is NO BIG MEDIA scurry arround such press announcements.

WHY?

fucking money is why

Think about it?

was that NRA guy so uninformed on the things he was talking about that he could NOT name a NEW game or Movie?

then hes no expert huh?

He purposely avoided pissing off any copywrite owner who is currently making big money on a new game or movie.

that is because old ones dont make as much cash.

These games and movies promote new guns sales so he carefully picked ten your old examples to avoid a big money backlash

sadly insightful.

Yeah..let's look at video games and not the lack of mental health help access.

Are you saying that the shooter did not have access to mental health help? If so could you provide the link to the information?

Violent video games are rated M for mature and thus are forbidden to be sold to minors. Realizing that FACT tells me that that senator is a fucking idiot.

Why the fuck isn't he investigating BAD PARENTS who give mature rated content to children?

The shooter was 20.

If you believe that hours spent learning how to kill using a game does not educate then you believe online learning to be a farce. You also have to know that the Army is wasting money on developing video games to train their troops.

Will video games cause all children to grow up and shoot their neighbors? Thankfully not, but those on the fringe of sanity? The only thing that would stop anyone is a good moral base and not being mentally ill.

kids still see violent rated R movies.....lip stick on a pig.

R? Try PG-13. When they introduced that rating it had certain parameters (could only say fuck once, only certain images portrayed, etc.). But as time has gone on I've seen the bar go lower and lower. My youngest is now 15 and I still will not let her go see a movie just because it's rated PG-13. I do my homework, I utilize the parental controls we have on the tube, I found a great internet filter and use it.

Who is buying these M rated games for kids? The parents. Let's start there. Parents need to start parenting their kids again, instead of treating them like their bff or a small adult, they need to stop filling the void of their absence due to work with 'things', they need to stop giving kids unsupervised access to cell phones and internet, and they really, really need to learn to use the word 'no'. Frequently.

Violent video games are rated M for mature and thus are forbidden to be sold to minors. Realizing that FACT tells me that that senator is a fucking idiot.

Why the fuck isn't he investigating BAD PARENTS who give mature rated content to children?

The shooter was 20.

If you believe that hours spent learning how to kill using a game does not educate then you believe online learning to be a farce. You also have to know that the Army is wasting money on developing video games to train their troops.

Will video games cause all children to grow up and shoot their neighbors? Thankfully not, but those on the fringe of sanity? The only thing that would stop anyone is a good moral base and not being mentally ill.

Games don't teach you to kill. You press a bumper on a controller and the enemy falls down. I would think common sense would tell you that you don't need a game to figure that out. And games don't consist of simply killing. Most envolve complex problem solving to get from pointa to b. Many games require memorization and a pplethora of other skills to complete.

They do make a great scapegoat for those who are unfamiliar with them.

For the vast, vast majority of people a video game is nothing more than a game. To someone who is mentally ill it can be the perfect training tool.

It's been reported that Adam Lanza spent most of his time alone in his room playing violent video games. How old was he when he started playing them? He didn't have a job (that I'm aware of) so who bought them for him, regardless of his age? His parents. Why? And why in the world would his mother take her mentally ill (impaired?) son to a shooting range and train him? wtf??

My son (special needs, autism spectrum) is 19 and no matter how much he bugs me about it, I will not buy him certain movies because of the content of the movie. Why? Because it isn't appropriate for him and my job as a parent is to keep the bad stuff away from my kids as much as possible.

And Elvis gyrating caused premarital sex.

And listening to Ozzy makes you worship the devil....

And an assault rifle can kill someone deader than a hunting rifle.

That's just it. How is banning one type of weapon stopping these situations from happening in the first place? If a loon is intent on shooting up a classroom and can't get their hands on the banned weapon they will simply chose a different weapon. All guns do the same thing. I've read some say 'yes, but if he didn't have that particular rifle and used something else less people would have been killed'. Oh, goody, 12 dead kids instead of 20. 12 dead kids is 12 more than is acceptable. It isn't the tool he was using it's the fact that he was mentally impaired and used a tool at all to murder 26 people.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
And Elvis gyrating caused premarital sex.

And listening to Ozzy makes you worship the devil....

And an assault rifle can kill someone deader than a hunting rifle.

That's just it. How is banning one type of weapon stopping these situations from happening in the first place? If a loon is intent on shooting up a classroom and can't get their hands on the banned weapon they will simply chose a different weapon. All guns do the same thing. I've read some say 'yes, but if he didn't have that particular rifle and used something else less people would have been killed'. Oh, goody, 12 dead kids instead of 20. 12 dead kids is 12 more than is acceptable. It isn't the tool he was using it's the fact that he was mentally impaired and used a tool at all to murder 26 people.

See ZB, that's being truthful about the subject. Unfortunately for the millions of law abiding citizens in America we have this frothing at the mouth, knee jerk bunch of commie democrats that get no greater pleasure than to attack or constitutional rights. They hate the constitution, they hate God, and they hate America.

As was stated by Wayne LaPierre: "The ONLY thing that will stop a madman with a gun, is a GOOD GUY with a gun."

Last edited:
Before the creation of video games people went to amusement parks and enjoyed themselves taking shots at mechanical targets. This photo (below) shows the remains of one such shooting gallery that had existed in Glen Echo Maryland. I don't believe anyone has suggested that such recreational activity in amusement parks ever led to acts of mass murder, as some are suggesting is the case with these first person shooter games.

I suppose You could list many an influence that corrupt the morals, social judgement and causes a hardening of society. Personally, I'm not big on the government being given or taking that responsibility.

In other worlds, just face the fact that were stuck on this course until the pendulum of life swings back to a caring society, if ever.

Sooo in the mean time accept it, piss n moan or pray I suppose...:dunno:

Unfuckingbelievable.

Before the creation of video games people went to amusement parks and enjoyed themselves taking shots at mechanical targets. This photo (below) shows the remains of one such shooting gallery that had existed in Glen Echo Maryland. I don't believe anyone has suggested that such recreational activity in amusement parks ever led to acts of mass murder, as some are suggesting is the case with these first person shooter games.

Did they spend 6 hours a day shooting at the metallic targets?

The Army, when they realized that a lot of personnel were not shooting the enemy, changed their targets from a square to a silhouette of a human. The kill percentage went up.

The Army is developing combat simulators to train their troops.

Look at it this way, what if a person read the Bible for 6 hours a day, do you think their outlook on life would change? (exchange any other book for Bible)

Yeah..let's look at video games and not the lack of mental health help access.

Are you saying that the shooter did not have access to mental health help? If so could you provide the link to the information?

I'm not saying Lanza didn't have access to mental health help. I have no idea if he did or not. I'm talking about access to Mental Health care is lacking all over.

Henry Jenkins, a noted media scholar, asserted in his article Reality Bytes: Eight Myths About Video Games Debunked
It's true that young offenders who have committed school shootings in America have also been game players. But young people in general are more likely to be gamers*— 90 percent of boys and 40 percent of girls play. The overwhelming majority of kids who play do*not*commit antisocial acts. According to a 2001 U.S. Surgeon General's report, the strongest risk factors for school shootings centered on mental stability and the quality of home life, not media exposure. The moral panic over violent video games is doubly harmful. It has led adult authorities to be more suspicious and hostile to many kids who already feel cut off from the system. It also misdirects energy away from eliminating the actual causes of youth violence and allows problems to continue to fester.
Independent of the opinions of such experts, my own critique is that a lot of aggression is expressed by spectators at football games, but I don't think that the ranks of school age mass murderers is drawn from football fans. BUT attending sporting events and drinking alcohol can be a deadly combination. Newspapers regularly carry stories of fans after a game getting into fights, which sometimes turn deadly.

Forum List

Back