Senator Obama and the Ginsu Infomercial

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
It is ironic that Senator Obama will be airing a Ginsu Knife-like Infomercial tonight. Why?

You realy don't know a lot about them and you didn't go out looking for them but if they can get you to watch their super slick marketing, flashy showmanship and multi-million dollar advertising campaign for a half an hour, they may con America into buying a substandard chinese knife that's going to cost you ten times what it's worth.

Operators are standing by.

.​

It is ironic that Senator Obama will be airing a Ginsu Knife-like Infomercial tonight. Why?

You realy don't know a lot about them and you didn't go out looking for them but if they can get you to watch their super slick marketing, flashy showmanship and multi-million dollar advertising campaign for a half an hour, they may con America into buying a substandard chinese knife that's going to cost you ten times what it's worth.

.​

Why don't you watch it and tell me what you think? You're an intelligent guy, I'd love to hear your viewpoint.

All we heard during the Bush administration is how we Republicans were sold a bill of goods by a slick group of salesmen. We'd been duped!
Yet Obama enters the scene and what happens? The Dems get sold a bill of goods by a slick group of salesmen. You gotta' laugh! :D

Set it and forget it?

Sham wow! Elect one Obama and he'll throw in his wife and absolutely ADORABLE little girls in for free.

Have you seen his little girls?

You know, I've heard when you have your first baby, and you look that baby in the eyes and you see so much hope, so much opportunity for that baby... you want to change the entire world for her to protect her.

I truly believe that Obama wants to change this world so his children have a better world to grow up in. He knows every decision he makes will turn this world either for better or for worse for his children. I have to believe that the decisions he makes based upon this desire to keep his children safe will automatically keep us safe and help us become more prosperous.

We will be a greater country because of Obama.

I'm DavidS and I approved this message.

Why don't you watch it and tell me what you think? You're an intelligent guy, I'd love to hear your viewpoint.

I'm just a regular guy. In a smarts contest you have me licked by a country mile.

Barack Obama lost my vote a long time ago over the the "clinging to guns and religion" not as much because of the quote itself but because he was speaking to the liberal elite in California about 'the rubes in Pennsylvania' when he thought no one was listening.

I know he is just a politician and I shouldn't expect him to be anything but two faced, but that was more than I could abide.

A man can say anything to your face in the light of day, but it's what he says behind your back in the shadows that tells the tale.

Last edited:

.​

i suppose that's one way to look at it. another might be that he knew the palin/mccain campaign would spend the last week befpre the election smearing him (along with all their little rovian minions), and perhaps he knew he'd need the time to respond to the nutters who decided he's a communist, anti-american, arab, anti-christ. ;o)

have to watch it to find out.

i suppose that's one way to look at it. another might be that he knew the palin/mccain campaign would spend the last week befpre the election smearing him (along with all their little rovian minions), and perhaps he knew he'd need the time to respond to the nutters who decided he's a communist, anti-american, arab, anti-christ. ;o)

Oh no, he just said $200k. That's fuel for the gop.

All we heard during the Bush administration is how we Republicans were sold a bill of goods by a slick group of salesmen. We'd been duped!
Yet Obama enters the scene and what happens? The Dems get sold a bill of goods by a slick group of salesmen. You gotta' laugh! :D

Do you believe you were duped?

So many Americans are going to relate to this video. This is really well done.

This is really well done for a video. I thought Barack Obama did a great job and I even learned some things about him I didn't know before.

Senator Obama and the Obamabot have mud on their hands from an equal share of slinging.

Senator Obama and the Obamabot have mud on their hands from an equal share of slinging.

there's been some, but i think you also have to look at what's being said.

what has obama said that seems a smear to you? that palin isn't equipped for the office? well, lots of conservatives have siad that, too.

no one's ever, on the obama side, ever implied that it is unamerican to be a republican. at least i hope not. neither obama nor biden have ever stood at a rally and smiled while someone yelled "kill him" "off withhis head" or "treason".

do i think some of the b.s. from partisans is unfair? yes. but not like that. i don't have any patience for the loonies who say mccain is "the manchurian candidate" or that he somehow didn't serve honorably and i don't think obama ever adoped the wingnut views as his own, unlike mccain by allowing palin to talk about "pallin' around with terrorists".

That's it. It's over. That video just put the final nail in the coffin.

Not sure about the final nail in the coffin but Obama def made what he wants to do clear.

Now McCain and Palin will just have to focus on calling him the anti-christ. :eusa_whistle:

Do you believe you were duped?
No. We knew he wasn't as Conservative as we wanted but he was a much better choice than Algore or John F. Kerry. Who served in Vietnam by the way.
Bush gave us great Supreme Court Nominees and fought Al-Qaida just fine thank you. Algore would have just talked and blamed America first, you know it's true. "He's playing on our fears!" What a load of crap.
My only complaint about Bush is spending, what he called "Compassionate Conservatism". I'd settle for less compassion if it meant less government spending.

Not sure about the final nail in the coffin but Obama def made what he wants to do clear.

Now McCain and Palin will just have to focus on calling him the anti-christ. :eusa_whistle:

the election in next tuesday. people are going to see the 6:30 news only 3 more times before they vote. tomorrow's news cycle is going to be about the obama video. most people won't see friday's 6:30 news, so then you have monday. monday is the last day the mccain/palin ticket can make their point. if there's an october surprise, it's gonna come this weekend.

No. We knew he wasn't as Conservative as we wanted but he was a much better choice than Algore or John F. Kerry. Who served in Vietnam by the way.
Bush gave us great Supreme Court Nominees and fought Al-Qaida just fine thank you. Algore would have just talked and blamed America first, you know it's true. "He's playing on our fears!" What a load of crap.
My only complaint about Bush is spending, what he called "Compassionate Conservatism". I'd settle for less compassion if it meant less government spending.

George Bush was the best thing that every happened to Al Quaida.

Bin Laden said his goal was to bankrupt America. Bush helped him accomplish his goal.

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Forum List

Back