Senator McCain

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2004
Minnesota
Senator McCain just gave an excellent speech. I dont always agree with him. Ive explained that before but i do admire that speech he gave. It was very excellent. I cant wait to see what Rudy says.

McCains speeh is the only one I've got to see all of so far, though I did catch the end of Guliani's. McCain's speech was good, but I was surprised by something. What in the blue hell was Michael Moore doing there? At one point McCain said something about a "disingenuous film maker", which of course led the camara's to Moore. A long, loud chorus of boos for Moore was followed by a chant of "Four More Years".

I just didn't expect to see that worthless, fat POS tonight. Did somebody leave the backdoor open?

Jimmyeatworld said:
McCains speeh is the only one I've got to see all of so far, though I did catch the end of Guliani's. McCain's speech was good, but I was surprised by something. What in the blue hell was Michael Moore doing there? At one point McCain said something about a "disingenuous film maker", which of course led the camara's to Moore. A long, loud chorus of boos for Moore was followed by a chant of "Four More Years".

I just didn't expect to see that worthless, fat POS tonight. Did somebody leave the backdoor open?
I forgot he was going to be there, I sure as hell wouldn't have expected them to show him. Let's hope he sees the light before the end of the convention! Hell, I thought Angel's would come down from the ceiling playing Harps for a minute there, LOL!
I thought the speeches last night were awesome. I started watching when McCain came on and watched till the end. It was Great!!

Michael Moore is writing a daily column about the Convention for some newspaper. Maybe USA Today? I can't remember exactly which one. That is why he is in attendance.

Adam's Apple said:
Michael Moore is writing a daily column about the Convention for some newspaper. Maybe USA Today? I can't remember exactly which one. That is why he is in attendance.

You are correct. He is there as a journalist for USA Today. I am sure he will be fair and impartial in his reporting, as are all journalists.

Senator McCain just gave an excellent speech. I dont always agree with him. Ive explained that before but i do admire that speech he gave. It was very excellent. I cant wait to see what Rudy says.

agreed--I am also not a fan of McCain but he delivered a powerful speech--my thanks to him!

Adam's Apple said:

Yep USA Today hired both MM and Ann Coulter to write for the other party's convention. They saw Coulter's first column and decided it was too 'extreme' to publish. Wonder if they'll do the same with his?

Kathianne said:
Yep USA Today hired both MM and Ann Coulter to write for the other party's convention. They saw Coulter's first column and decided it was too 'extreme' to publish. Wonder if they'll do the same with his?

If it was too extreme to publish, it will probably end up as a campaign ad someplace.

CSM said:
If it was too extreme to publish, it will probably end up as a campaign ad someplace.

I hope so. Well, we all know that Michael Moore is more 'moderate' than Coulter could ever hope to be? LOL

The thought that Michael Moore could be fair and impartial really started my day off with a good chuckle. Thanks!

Adam's Apple said:
The thought that Michael Moore could be fair and impartial really started my day off with a good chuckle. Thanks!

Strangely enough, there are some people who honestly believe that he could be. Now that is a depressing thought in itself.

It will be interesting to see what he has to say about the convention.

Ah, fair and impartial just as I knew it would be. I notice that he listed himself as Film Maker and not journalist. I guess then that his artistic license is allowed.

AequitasVeritas said:
loved how he finished his speech!

I agree, you got the sense looking at his eyes tearing up his genuiness was palpable. That was truly coming form his heart, and he did it with such class :)

Adam's Apple said:

Wasn't it USA Today that refused to run the Ann Coulter piece because it was to bias?

Oh, THAT liberal media!

Kathianne said:

Yep, that's what I get for not scrolling down farther.

The simple fact that they turned down Coulter's take and even hired Michael Moore is silly. What do they expect to get from him?

Jimmyeatworld said:
Yep, that's what I get for not scrolling down farther.

The simple fact that they turned down Coulter's take and even hired Michael Moore is silly. What do they expect to get from him?
A bunch of rants. Read the piece, wasn't about the convention, but rather more of his writing of how it's a small cabal, leading the great unwashed. The arrogance of this man is unbelievable.

Kathianne said:
A bunch of rants. Read the piece, wasn't about the convention, but rather more of his writing of how it's a small cabal, leading the great unwashed. The arrogance of this man is unbelievable.

I noticed there was no mention of the 30 or 40 seconds of constant boos directed at him either. It wasn't as blithering as I expected, and actually rather pointless. Wonder how much he got paid for that.

I heard today on Glenn Beck that McCain didn't even know that MM was there. He did give a great speech. I thought Guliani stole the show though. He was smart,funny and very down to earth. Great first night IMO!

Forum List

Back