Senator McCain Stands Up to Be the Parental Voice of the Senate

Discussion in 'Congress' started by JimBowie1958, Jul 25, 2017.

1. Syriusly

Syriusly Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,249
    They voted unanimously not to 'debate' a number of unknown proto-bills- that they had no information on, and had had no input on.

Shocking.

Remember- the Republicans voted unanimously against the ACA

2. Call Sign Chaos

Call Sign Chaos BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,804
    You're the one who can't reply to the fact that it was the Democrats who voted unanimously to not even discuss how to fix the broken ACA you laughable little faggot now make like the ****** that you are and go hang.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Call Sign Chaos

Call Sign Chaos BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,804
    They voted unanimously not to debate how to fix the broken ACA by adding amendments to the bill that passed the house as a template you stupid faggot. It is they not the Republicans who are refusing to discuss the issue which makes you a proven liar. Now do the gene pool a favor and kill yourself before you procreate you fucking retard.

Because they weren't even allowed to read the bill beforehand you dumb fuck and had they been allowed they still would have voted against it because they would have realized it was designed to fail from the outset in order to pave the way for the single payer system which is what the Democrats wanted all along.

"We have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it." -- Former Senate Majority Leader Nancy Pelosi

Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
  4. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,348
    millions more people are insured because of the ACA. is it perfect of course not, because you wingers sabotaged it every step of the way. now get the hell out of the way and stop talking about the broken ACA you freaking nutbar.

5. Call Sign Chaos

Call Sign Chaos BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,804
    "We have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it." -- Former Senate Majority Leader Nancy Pelosi

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Call Sign Chaos

Call Sign Chaos BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,804
    It's the Republicans fault that when my last jobs new owners cut medical benefits that under the ACA I was mandated under threat of financial penalty to get Obamacare even though I didn't make enough to qualify but made too much to qualify for medicaid? Get your hands out of my fucking pockets or I'll cut them off you stupid bitch.

Obamacare hurts not helps the working class poor, unless of course you're a minority or a single mother, but you don't give a damn about the poor if they're a white male which is why you fuckers will lose again in the midterms as will the turn coat cuckservative deepstate establishment republicans who voted against repeal.

7. Syriusly

Syriusly Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,249
    fixing the ACA wasn't on the agenda for 'debate'

The GOP only cares about being able to claim that they 'repealed' Obamacare

8. Syriusly

Syriusly Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,249
    12 years old it is.

a 13 year old boy wouldn't be as obsessed with homosexuals as you are.

9. Call Sign Chaos

Call Sign Chaos BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,804
    Repeal and replace with something that actually works is exactly what was on the agenda for the debate you lying fuck.

• Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 1
  10. Syriusly

Syriusly Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,249
    Here is Pelosi's more complete quote;
    “President Obama said, one year ago, when he called the first bipartisan, on March 5th of last year, the first bipartisan House and Senate meeting together with many outside stakeholders together at the White House, to find a way for us to come together. And at that time, he said: ‘Health care reform is entitlement reform.’ We cannot sustain the upward spiral of the increases in health care and what that means in Medicare and what it means in Medicaid. So from the standpoint of our national budget, and for your budgets, the current system, as I said, is unsustainable.

“Again, it’s unaffordable for families, individuals and families, for businesses of any size, and it is a cost to our economy. Imagine an economy where people could follow their aspirations, where they could be entrepreneurial, where they could take risks professionally because personally their families health care needs are being met. Where they could be self-employed or start a business, not be job-locked in a job because they have health care there, and if they went out on their own it would be unaffordable to them, but especially true, if someone has a child with a pre-existing condition. So when we pass our bill, never again will people be denied coverage because they have a pre-existing condition.

“We have to do this in partnership, and I wanted to bring up to date on where we see it from here. The final health care legislation that will soon be passed by Congress will deliver successful reform at the local level. It will offer paid for investments that will improve health care services and coverage for millions more Americans. It will make significant investments in innovation, prevention, wellness and offer robust support for public health infrastructure. It will dramatically expand investments into community health centers. That means a dramatic expansion in the number of patients community health centers can see and ultimately healthier communities. Our bill will significantly reduce uncompensated care for hospitals.

“You’ve heard about the controversies within the bill, the process about the bill, one or the other. But I don’t know if you have heard that it is legislation for the future, not just about health care for America, but about a healthier America, where preventive care is not something that you have to pay a deductible for or out of pocket. Prevention, prevention, prevention — it’s about diet, not diabetes. It’s going to be very, very exciting.

“But we have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
    Furthermore, we believe that health care reform, again I said at the beginning of my remarks, that we sent the three pillars that the President’s economic stabilization and job creation initiatives were education and innovation — innovation begins in the classroom — clean energy and climate, addressing the climate issues in an innovative way to keep us number one and competitive in the world with the new technology, and the third, first among equals I may say, is health care, health insurance reform.

I am still looking forward to finding out what is in the bill(s) that the Republicans are trying to ram through the Senate. I guess if one of them passes- we will find out then