Senator McCain promises to ‘get’ Bin Laden

Nevadamedic

Jul 13, 2007
Diagon Alley
DES MOINES, Iowa (CNN) – Republican presidential candidate Sen. John McCain, R-Arizona, vowed Wednesday that if he were president he would “get” Osama bin Laden.

“As president of the United States I will get him,” McCain said. “I’ll bring bin Laden to justice, I promise you.”

The comments came during an event at an AmVets Hall in Iowa, a stop on the senator’s “No Surrender” tour across the early voting states of Iowa, New Hampshire, and South Carolina.

Referring to bin Laden’s ability to reach millions of potential followers through his videos, McCain said, “Do not underestimate the influence of Osama bin Laden. That’s why I say we have to get him.”

When asked who or what is to blame for the fact that bin Laden is still free, McCain cited a failure of U.S. intelligence capabilities and the Clinton administration’s failure to attack “when they knew where he was.”

“I’m sorry to tell you that our human intelligence capabilities are still very badly lacking,” he added.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...%99-bin-laden/

I think Senator McCain is the only person in this election that can keep this promise. He has the leadership and military command experience to carry this out. He is clearly the best candidate we have.

General Plays Down Value Of Capturing Bin Laden

Fort Worth Star-Telegram
Saturday, February 24, 2007; A08

FORT WORTH, Feb. 23 -- The Army's highest-ranking officer said Friday that he was unsure whether the U.S. military would capture or kill Osama bin Laden, adding, "I don't know that it's all that important, frankly."

"So we get him, and then what?" asked Gen. Peter J. Schoomaker, the outgoing Army chief of staff, at a Rotary Club of Fort Worth luncheon. "There's a temporary feeling of goodness, but in the long run, we may make him bigger than he is today.

"He's hiding, and he knows we're looking for him. We know he's not particularly effective. I'm not sure there's that great of a return" on capturing or killing bin Laden.

Schoomaker pointed to the capture of Saddam Hussein, the killings of his sons, Uday and Qusay, and the killing of Abu Musab al-Zarqawi as evidence that the capture or death of al-Qaeda's leader would have little effect on threats to the United States.

Days after the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, President Bush said he wanted bin Laden "dead or alive," and then-Secretary of State Colin L. Powell said, "It is not enough to get one individual, although we'll start with that one individual."

Bush reaffirmed the goal last September in a prime-time speech, warning bin Laden: "No matter how long it takes, America will find you, and we will bring you to justice."

But Schoomaker's remarks echoed comments last year by Vice President Cheney, who seemed to play down the value of capturing or killing bin Laden days before the Bush speech. "He's not the only source of the problem, obviously. . . . If you killed him tomorrow, you'd still have a problem with al-Qaeda," the vice president said.

Schoomaker, who is due to be replaced as chief of staff in April by Gen. George W. Casey Jr., commanded the U.S. Special Operations Command before becoming chief of staff. Special operations personnel have been leading the hunt for bin Laden along the mountainous border between Afghanistan and Pakistan.

DES MOINES, Iowa (CNN) – Republican presidential candidate Sen. John McCain, R-Arizona, vowed Wednesday that if he were president he would “get” Osama bin Laden.

“As president of the United States I will get him,” McCain said. “I’ll bring bin Laden to justice, I promise you.”

The comments came during an event at an AmVets Hall in Iowa, a stop on the senator’s “No Surrender” tour across the early voting states of Iowa, New Hampshire, and South Carolina.

Referring to bin Laden’s ability to reach millions of potential followers through his videos, McCain said, “Do not underestimate the influence of Osama bin Laden. That’s why I say we have to get him.”

When asked who or what is to blame for the fact that bin Laden is still free, McCain cited a failure of U.S. intelligence capabilities and the Clinton administration’s failure to attack “when they knew where he was.”

“I’m sorry to tell you that our human intelligence capabilities are still very badly lacking,” he added.

I think Senator McCain is the only person in this election that can keep this promise. He has the leadership and military command experience to carry this out. He is clearly the best candidate we have.

Your damn wishy washy, whats this? The 4th person you have said should be President? You know we legally only get one vote right?

Your damn wishy washy, whats this? The 4th person you have said should be President? You know we legally only get one vote right?

Actually I was for McCain in the beginning and then he pissed me off and I went for Hunter\Tancredo but I realize that McCain is the best choice we have and he is the only chance we have at beating the Clinton Campaign Machine. I would love to see Hunter as his runningmate.

Aside from bringing another criminal to justice, the actual importance of capturing bin Laden is minimal. Al Qaeda is an ideal, not just an organization. Capturing or killing one man is not going to hurt it. He'll be replaced before his body's cold.

General Plays Down Value Of Capturing Bin Laden

Fort Worth Star-Telegram
Saturday, February 24, 2007; A08

FORT WORTH, Feb. 23 -- The Army's highest-ranking officer said Friday that he was unsure whether the U.S. military would capture or kill Osama bin Laden, adding, "I don't know that it's all that important, frankly."

"So we get him, and then what?" asked Gen. Peter J. Schoomaker, the outgoing Army chief of staff, at a Rotary Club of Fort Worth luncheon. "There's a temporary feeling of goodness, but in the long run, we may make him bigger than he is today.

"He's hiding, and he knows we're looking for him. We know he's not particularly effective. I'm not sure there's that great of a return" on capturing or killing bin Laden.

Schoomaker pointed to the capture of Saddam Hussein, the killings of his sons, Uday and Qusay, and the killing of Abu Musab al-Zarqawi as evidence that the capture or death of al-Qaeda's leader would have little effect on threats to the United States.

Days after the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, President Bush said he wanted bin Laden "dead or alive," and then-Secretary of State Colin L. Powell said, "It is not enough to get one individual, although we'll start with that one individual."

Bush reaffirmed the goal last September in a prime-time speech, warning bin Laden: "No matter how long it takes, America will find you, and we will bring you to justice."

But Schoomaker's remarks echoed comments last year by Vice President Cheney, who seemed to play down the value of capturing or killing bin Laden days before the Bush speech. "He's not the only source of the problem, obviously. . . . If you killed him tomorrow, you'd still have a problem with al-Qaeda," the vice president said.

Schoomaker, who is due to be replaced as chief of staff in April by Gen. George W. Casey Jr., commanded the U.S. Special Operations Command before becoming chief of staff. Special operations personnel have been leading the hunt for bin Laden along the mountainous border between Afghanistan and Pakistan.

eots ...

Please provide a link for the article.

Thank you,

Gunny

Actually I was for McCain in the beginning and then he pissed me off and I went for Hunter\Tancredo but I realize that McCain is the best choice we have and he is the only chance we have at beating the Clinton Campaign Machine. I would love to see Hunter as his runningmate.

ya and what might you "realize"next week...........FLIP FLOPER!!!............ JUST KIDDING...........sort of

Folks, keep in mind, not catching bin Laden is one of the bullets that the Dems hold against G W Bush. So it would be something to brag about if one thinks about it.

Aside from bringing another criminal to justice, the actual importance of capturing bin Laden is minimal. Al Qaeda is an ideal, not just an organization. Capturing or killing one man is not going to hurt it. He'll be replaced before his body's cold.

He's a criminal who needs to be brought to justice no matter what the cost.

The last thing we need is a glorified OBL, let him die naturally and he will be shown to be just another evil wacko but all too human. He has to be uncomfortable running around those mountains, we should actually put out disinformation on how we are right behind his sorry ass.

the last thing in the world bush wants is bin laden in a American court of law with representation. a secret prison or mock trial in the middle east sure, but a real court with due process....no way

He'll never go on trial in front of the world, just like all the other 'al-qaeda' operatives that were supposedly caught never went on trial. There's more to these guys then what we've been told, and the people of the world will never be allowed to hear these guys speak.

midcan5 said:
The last thing we need is a glorified OBL, let him die naturally and he will be shown to be just another evil wacko but all too human. He has to be uncomfortable running around those mountains, we should actually put out disinformation on how we are right behind his sorry ass.

You really believe he's still alive? Even if he is, you don't think we know exactly where he is? Some lame ass wanna-be pretend terrorist would have snitched on his sorry ass YEARS ago for that 25 million. EVERYONE has a price, even a terrorist.

Bin Laden serves the interests of Establishment America by being 'alive' still, and 'on the run'. There's always a reason to be able to justify the WOT anytime it's needed, and it also serves to allow new videotapes and audiotapes being released of him saying "i hate america' more. A boogeyman is what I'm getting at.

You know, I actually agree with you to a great point. We don't need to kill him to see his picture pasted everywhere as if he is the next Mohammed. Good point.

He'll never go on trial in front of the world, just like all the other 'al-qaeda' operatives that were supposedly caught never went on trial. There's more to these guys then what we've been told, and the people of the world will never be allowed to hear these guys speak.

You really believe he's still alive? Even if he is, you don't think we know exactly where he is? Some lame ass wanna-be pretend terrorist would have snitched on his sorry ass YEARS ago for that 25 million. EVERYONE has a price, even a terrorist.

Bin Laden serves the interests of Establishment America by being 'alive' still, and 'on the run'. There's always a reason to be able to justify the WOT anytime it's needed, and it also serves to allow new videotapes and audiotapes being released of him saying "i hate america' more. A boogeyman is what I'm getting at.

Sure thing, you hang out with Eots now? Que the twilight zone music.....

wow a shitty ass little joke about twilight zone music like on fox..well I'm sure
with thats enough to make ever one abandon logic and reason..wouldnt want dick head to say tinfoil or twilight zone...what a loser

You have no logic and little power of reasoning, you routinely post garbage here that does not say what you claim it says. When ask for names of supposed Generals and Congressman that believe the Government did 9/11 you can not provide any. When ask for quotes, you can not provide them or you provide quotes that do NOT say what you claim they say.

The site you link to has no evidence and no reason to be believed, most of the supposed supporters they quote of any distinction do NOT say wat you clim they say.

Once again for the retarded and the slow... If a Congressman says he does not think the "Government" told us everything they know in regards 9/11 and or demands a new investigation, that does NOT in the slightest way indicate he/she thinks the Government was involved in 9/11. When a retired General says the same, it also does not somehow reinvent itself into " the Government did 9/11".

Your a loony toons and you can not support your crazy ass claim that A) the US is secretly run by some shadow Group , B) This shadow Group planned and executed, with the aid or silence of the Government, 9/11.

You used to claim only a handful of people were needed to pull off the supposed coverup of our Governmental involvement in the attacks on 9/11. Now you just claim everyone knows and is afraid to talk.

You have claimed no plane crashed in Pennsylvania and you have claimed no plane hit the Pentagon. Yet you can not explain where those two planes and the people aboard them went. You have further alternated between claiming the two planes that hit the Twin towers were hijacked by terrorists that the Government helped OR no terrorists were involved at all. And you have repeatedly claimed both Towers and the building 7 were brought down by controlled explosives INSIDE the buildings.

You can not provide any evidence of this, you can not explain how these events were carried out and yet 6 years later NO one has spilled the beans. You can not provide names of any professional that any one locate that supports these claims. You have not explained how explosives and needed construction work was conducted on the three buildings to bring them down, A task that can take months or years to preform right.

You can not tell us who how or where the missile that supposedly hit the Pentagon came from. Nor what kind of missile would do the damage done to that building. You have provide contradicting stories on that building as well, claiming on one hand people saw no plane debris at all and that large chunks of plane debris were there but from the wrong plane.

You have not explained how the 2 planes you claim never crashed dropped off radar and how no one ever saw them or their crew and passengers again. Nor have you explained where the black boxes recovered came from nor who the actors were on those boxes. Nor have you explained how all the people that can provide proof of calls from those planes are all in on the Great Governmental false flag operation.

You have claimed the Air force ordered all operations suspended the morning of 9/11, yet you can not provide one shred of evidence that is true. You have claimed hundreds if not thousands of investigators ranging from city to Federal are all in on the great conspiracy and cover up of what REALLY happened. Yet no one has talked in over 6 years.

In other words, cue Twilight Zone music, get your tin foil hat and body suit, watch out for black helicopters, flash the Outer limits opening screen.....

You know, I actually agree with you to a great point. We don't need to kill him to see his picture pasted everywhere as if he is the next Mohammed. Good point.
The whole idea of capturing, and bringing a dead man to trial is rather funny.

Forum List

Back