Senator McCain has earned my vote..........

Guiliani will lose because he's a liberal masquerading as a Republican. I'm not buying the "provided security for terrorists" stuff. That's pretty far-fetched.

I also could care less about his religion. If I want a preacher I go to church. When I vote for President, I don't consider religious views as inportant as political record and ideology. A candidate interjecting their religion would make me think twice before it would ensure my vote.

It looks as of right now that Giuliani will get the nomination. Of course, Huckabee could surprise everyone and move up. But if he does, you guys are goners...

Religion should be discussed only in terms of "values". In other words, what kind of person is this? It shouldn't have any place in government. However, when three of the repub candidates don't believe in evolution, it DOES become an issue. When they use their religious views to try to outlaw abortion, create a "Christian" country and interfere in things (just as an example from this current admin) like the Terri Schiavo matter, or won't fund embryonic stem cell research because of their religious convictions, then yes, their religion matters. It shouldn't... but then again, they shouldn't foist it on those of us who don't agree by way of legislation and policy.

I wouldn't mind seeing a return to the days when Kennedy was elected and he had to reassure everyone that he would put his country before his church.

Guiliani will lose because he's a liberal masquerading as a Republican. I'm not buying the "provided security for terrorists" stuff. That's pretty far-fetched.

I also could care less about his religion. If I want a preacher I go to church. When I vote for President, I don't consider religious views as inportant as political record and ideology. A candidate interjecting their religion would make me think twice before it would ensure my vote.

I care. As I believe most Americans also care. Christian morals and religion are intertwined with the ideology and precepts of our nation and it is almost impossible to separate the two. Christianity actually supports our American political ideology whereas other religions such as Islam and the insidious "Secularism" do not.

The fact that both Romney and Huckabee are steadfast Christians as opposed to Guiliani's fallen ways holds a lot of water with lots of people.

indeed, and we've seen just how indicative such christian values are of good leadership by the last two elections where your pony essentially paraded his dogma on his sleeve too, eh?

I'm glad this is 2007 instead of 1407. Suckers like you would be throwing kindling on the secular bonfire by now.

ps.. The bible is to government what fins and a snorkel are to walking though the desert. Every time you dogma junkies insist that this nation was founded on christianity and rationalize infusing your theology with policy you ignore the very first amendment of the Constitution you supposedly follow. I guess waving the Constitution around only works with yellow car magnet wars and gun rights, eh?

If McCain wants my vote, he needs to go down to the White House and give Bush a swift kick to the nuts for what he, Bush, did to McCain back in 2000. I was a huge McCainiac back then, but when he rolled over after those attacks, he lost me.

Kick him in the nuts, get my vote.

As a vet myself I have great respect for McCain, and would without question vote for him if nominated. But, he is maybe my third choice under Thompson, and Romney.

To make fun of one who is Mormon is one who has hatred don't you think? Those who say bad about Mormons probably feel the same way on Jews.

Don't be a Hitler! Don't Hate!

If McCain wants my vote, he needs to go down to the White House and give Bush a swift kick to the nuts for what he, Bush, did to McCain back in 2000. I was a huge McCainiac back then, but when he rolled over after those attacks, he lost me.

Kick him in the nuts, get my vote.

I never understood that either. Political rhetoric is one thing. Going after the guy's family, quite another. I might have crossed party lines for McCain at one point myself. But he derailed the straight talk express in favor of kissing Baby Bush's butt and kissing up to the religious right.

It looks as of right now that Giuliani will get the nomination. Of course, Huckabee could surprise everyone and move up. But if he does, you guys are goners...

Religion should be discussed only in terms of "values". In other words, what kind of person is this? It shouldn't have any place in government. However, when three of the repub candidates don't believe in evolution, it DOES become an issue. When they use their religious views to try to outlaw abortion, create a "Christian" country and interfere in things (just as an example from this current admin) like the Terri Schiavo matter, or won't fund embryonic stem cell research because of their religious convictions, then yes, their religion matters. It shouldn't... but then again, they shouldn't foist it on those of us who don't agree by way of legislation and policy.

I wouldn't mind seeing a return to the days when Kennedy was elected and he had to reassure everyone that he would put his country before his church.

There is no "you guys." We ALL are the losers any way you want to look at it. And no, I DON'T consider Hillary or Obama better alternatives to anyone else.

This is one of those times when the entire plan should be dumped and start over from scratch.

As a vet myself I have great respect for McCain, and would without question vote for him if nominated. But, he is maybe my third choice under Thompson, and Romney.

To make fun of one who is Mormon is one who has hatred don't you think? Those who say bad about Mormons probably feel the same way on Jews.

Don't be a Hitler! Don't Hate!

Don't confuse the apples with the oranges. I respect McCain as a vet to the nth degree. I can't say the same for McCain the politician.

Don't confuse the apples with the oranges. I respect McCain as a vet to the nth degree. I can't say the same for McCain the politician.

I agree, but if it is between him and Hillarious, or Osama,....I mean Obama,...McCain gets my vote easily.:eusa_angel:

His analysis is actually pretty good. Giuliani will be a problem for the religious sorts even with the Robertson endorsement. Plus, the new things coming out about his company doing security for terrorists will undermine him terriblly. And all the frontrunners have issues where the illegals are concerned (although that's a non-issue on the dem side of the aisle, really). I think at some point, they'll remember that, like Romney, before he started sucking up to the religious right, McCain was pro-choice.

When Pat Robertson is endorsing a liberal pro-choice, pro-gay marriage candidate, you know something is seriously wrong in this country.

Shogun said:
indeed, and we've seen just how indicative such christian values are of good leadership by the last two elections where your pony essentially paraded his dogma on his sleeve too, eh?
Exactly how did Bush lead poorly with regard to Christian values?

Shogun said:
ps.. The bible is to government what fins and a snorkel are to walking though the desert. Every time you dogma junkies insist that this nation was founded on christianity and rationalize infusing your theology with policy you ignore the very first amendment of the Constitution you supposedly follow. I guess waving the Constitution around only works with yellow car magnet wars and gun rights, eh?
The Bible may not matter to government per se but the Bible matters to voters who elect the government reps which in turn affect and color all kinds of legislation and policies created under Constitutional law. This happens with whoever gets elected. Thus, for example, you don't see too many Islamics being elected. You foaming-at-the-mouth "secularists" need to wake up and smell the coffee.

Paulitics said:
When Pat Robertson is endorsing a liberal pro-choice, pro-gay marriage candidate, you know something is seriously wrong in this country.
Or with Pat Robertson.

Exactly how did Bush lead poorly with regard to Christian values?

The Bible may not matter to government per se but the Bible matters to voters who elect the government reps which in turn affect and color all kinds of legislation and policies created under Constitutional law. This happens with whoever gets elected. Thus, for example, you don't see too many Islamics being elected. You foaming-at-the-mouth "secularists" need to wake up and smell the coffee.

Or with Pat Robertson.

Great Screaming! You hit the nail on the head!

I can't get over how many people seem to think that military service in ones youth should excuse all bad behavior afterwards.

I didnt get it when Kerry tried to pull it. I dont get it with McCain.

Forum List

Back