Senator McCain has earned my vote..........

Nevadamedic

Jul 13, 2007
Diagon Alley
I have decided that I will be voting for McCain for President in the primaries and the general election.

I have been a supporter of his for years and the only reason I decided I wasn’t going to vote for him and vote for Duncan Hunter, Tom Tancredo or Rudy Giuliani was his support for the Kennedy Amnesty Bill. Unfortunately what the media printed regarding this bill and Senator McCain’s stance was not correct and I am sure rival campaigns had a part to play with that. McCain does not support Amnesty in now way, shape or form. He entered into the bill writing process to at least get a compromise since the Democrats were really going to screw us as usual. He got the parts about a stronger verification, a boarder fence and more boarder agents and law enforcement dedicated to tracking and arresting illegals.

Senator McCain has done a lot for this country, even before he was elected to the Senate. If everyone remembers that he is a decorated veteran, a war hero and was a POW held for over 5 years being tortured ever single day of that period. He is a hero in every sense of the word.

Senator McCain has made some very important promises that I know he can keep.

His main promise is that he will either capture or kill Osama Bin Laden. I think he has the best chance out of all the candidates because of his distinguished service record. He is a decorated military officer and leader. He has the strategic knowledge and experience that the other candidates don’t have. Besides the Clinton’s already have had the chance to get Bin Laden but they royally screwed that up because Bill Clinton was and is a coward.

Senator McCain Clintons have already had the chance. Military experience.

I also think that Senator McCain is the best chance we have of taking out the Liberals in this election. Giuliani will lose a lot of Republican votes (either they wont vote or will vote for his opponent or write a name in) because of his stance on Abortion and Guns. Multiple Choice Mitt flips more then a pancake and his religion are going to hurt him and not to mention he is a liar and a hypocrite. Hucklebee and Paul don’t stand a chance. Hucklebee’s position on giving Illegal’s scholarships and his weak stance on High Risk Sex Offenders is a dangerous position and Paul is just nuts and the majority of people realize that. Unfortunately Hunter and Tancredo don’t have the recognition to beat Hillary although they are awesome candidates.

Ideally I would love to see Senator McCain and Duncan Hunter on the same ticket, I think they would be unstoppable.

so, did anyone ever figureout if it was the Mccain camp or Rudy's that was behind the anti-mormon push polling in Iowa?

so, did anyone ever figureout if it was the Mccain camp or Rudy's that was behind the anti-mormon push polling in Iowa?

That would be Rudy and Ron Paul. Ron Paul has been push polling from the beginning. His first target was Tancredo.

well you are certainly free to support whomever you want. But McCain is going to need more than two supporters to win.

I have decided that I will be voting for McCain for President in the primaries and the general election.

I have been a supporter of his for years and the only reason I decided I wasn’t going to vote for him and vote for Duncan Hunter, Tom Tancredo or Rudy Giuliani was his support for the Kennedy Amnesty Bill. Unfortunately what the media printed regarding this bill and Senator McCain’s stance was not correct and I am sure rival campaigns had a part to play with that. McCain does not support Amnesty in now way, shape or form. He entered into the bill writing process to at least get a compromise since the Democrats were really going to screw us as usual. He got the parts about a stronger verification, a boarder fence and more boarder agents and law enforcement dedicated to tracking and arresting illegals.

Senator McCain has done a lot for this country, even before he was elected to the Senate. If everyone remembers that he is a decorated veteran, a war hero and was a POW held for over 5 years being tortured ever single day of that period. He is a hero in every sense of the word.

His main promise is that he will either capture or kill Osama Bin Laden. I think he has the best chance out of all the candidates because of his distinguished service record. He is a decorated military officer and leader. He has the strategic knowledge and experience that the other candidates don’t have. Besides the Clinton’s already have had the chance to get Bin Laden but they royally screwed that up because Bill Clinton was and is a coward.

I also think that Senator McCain is the best chance we have of taking out the Liberals in this election. Giuliani will lose a lot of Republican votes (either they wont vote or will vote for his opponent or write a name in) because of his stance on Abortion and Guns. Multiple Choice Mitt flips more then a pancake and his religion are going to hurt him and not to mention he is a liar and a hypocrite. Hucklebee and Paul don’t stand a chance. Hucklebee’s position on giving Illegal’s scholarships and his weak stance on High Risk Sex Offenders is a dangerous position and Paul is just nuts and the majority of people realize that. Unfortunately Hunter and Tancredo don’t have the recognition to beat Hillary although they are awesome candidates.

Ideally I would love to see Senator McCain and Duncan Hunter on the same ticket, I think they would be unstoppable.

My question is ... first it was Guliani, then whoever, now McCain. When are you going to join the Democrat Party?

They DO need you.

My question is ... first it was Guliani, then whoever, now McCain. When are you going to join the Democrat Party?

They DO need you.

His analysis is actually pretty good. Giuliani will be a problem for the religious sorts even with the Robertson endorsement. Plus, the new things coming out about his company doing security for terrorists will undermine him terriblly. And all the frontrunners have issues where the illegals are concerned (although that's a non-issue on the dem side of the aisle, really). I think at some point, they'll remember that, like Romney, before he started sucking up to the religious right, McCain was pro-choice.

Crap man, McPain is the biggest RINO out there…and despite his meritorious service, the fact is that he was the grandson of a 4 star Admiral and the son of a 4 star Admiral and thus received "special" treatment in Vietnam one way or the other...he's a candidate for being a "Manchurian candidate" if his opposition to POW/MIA activists says anything to you.

Even if you overlook the Keating 5 scandal, his links to organized crime in Arizona, his philandering on his first wife, and even if you overlook his stance on lifting the US imposed trade embargo against Vietnam against the wishes of the majority of the POW/MIA families; and even if you overlook his stance on normalization in direct conflict with the POW/MIA Families; and even if you overlook the way he gutted a bill in the Senate that would protect future potential American Prisoners of War; you cannot overlook the fact that John McCain is so influenced by his time spent in captivity that he still considers himself an "air pirate" which is how the North Vietnamese referred to captured American pilots.

I am a war criminal; I bombed innocent women and children.
[McCain said this to Mike Wallace in an interview on Sixty Minutes in 1997]

This is not a man who we can trust to make some tough decisions with regard to Southeast Asia, which all indicators point toward the fact that we will be in tough negotiations with in the coming years with regard to protection of American business interests in Vietnam, the US Navy's interest in leasing Cam Ran Bay, etc.

We need someone who will be able to look across the table at their former enemies and not feel guilt.

And not feel like a war criminal.

http://www.ojc.org/powforum/capital/mccain/trnslate.htm
Hero or Traitor?
http://www.farfromglory.com/john_s_mccain.htm

John McCain: The Manchurian Candidate
http://www.usvetdsp.com/manchuan.htm

I'd like to sum up my perception of the candidates from last nights debate

Tancerdo: Scheming and bigoted with virtually no chance at winning or getting on the ticket. Also appears to have jaundice.

Romney: Sleazy and cheesy, the only two words to describe how he carries himself. He bickers with others and just seems to be completely insincere.

McCain: Weak minded, and too quick to harp on how he was in Vietnam. The John Kerry of this year.

Guilaini: Was the mayor of NewYork, and cannot seem to finish a sentence without reminding everyone of this. No chance at winning with his liberal values.

Paul: Somewhat awkward. The most level headed of the candidates, and he's likely the most intelligent. Almost no chance of winning, and will likely do more harm to the democrats than the republicans if he runs 3rd party.

Thompson: Senile. Has no chance except maybe at VP. Very shaky in answering questions, and doesn't seem to have a good knowledge of how this country works.

Huckabee: Good personality and intelligent, but overly religious. Has a good chance of winning since no one wants the christian republican vote like he does. Probably no chance at being president though.

They DO need you.

Actually it was Senator McCain until the Immigration fiasco so I replaced him with Giuliani strictly because of electability and I respect the man. I may not agree with him on a couple of his stances but I would rather see him then Hillary. I would prefer to see Tancredo or Duncan Hunter but they wouldn't get elected against the Clinton Campaign Machine so I wanted to see a Giuliani and Hunter ticket but now I looked into the immigration deal and took another look at McCain(a man I have respected for years) and realized that he is electable and would make a great President and I would still like to see Hunter in office as Vice President. So I only switched once and then back to the original candidate.

His analysis is actually pretty good. Giuliani will be a problem for the religious sorts even with the Robertson endorsement. Plus, the new things coming out about his company doing security for terrorists will undermine him terriblly. And all the frontrunners have issues where the illegals are concerned (although that's a non-issue on the dem side of the aisle, really). I think at some point, they'll remember that, like Romney, before he started sucking up to the religious right, McCain was pro-choice.

I think Robertson will actually hurt Giuliani's campaign. He is as bad as Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton.

Crap man, McPain is the biggest RINO out there…and despite his meritorious service, the fact is that he was the grandson of a 4 star Admiral and the son of a 4 star Admiral and thus received "special" treatment in Vietnam one way or the other...he's a candidate for being a "Manchurian candidate" if his opposition to POW/MIA activists says anything to you.

Hero or Traitor?
http://www.farfromglory.com/john_s_mccain.htm

John McCain: The Manchurian Candidate
http://www.usvetdsp.com/manchuan.htm

Special treatment my ass. If he had special treatment he would never have been put in a combat position let alone stuck in a POW camp for over five years getting tortured and beaten multiple times a day. Do quit talking shit about special treatment.

Special treatment my ass. If he had special treatment he would never have been put in a combat position let alone stuck in a POW camp for over five years getting tortured and beaten multiple times a day. Do quit talking shit about special treatment.
I don't think you understood what I said…"special" treatment does not necessarily mean "good" treatment.

Guiliani will lose because he's a liberal masquerading as a Republican. I'm not buying the "provided security for terrorists" stuff. That's pretty far-fetched.

I also could care less about his religion. If I want a preacher I go to church. When I vote for President, I don't consider religious views as inportant as political record and ideology. A candidate interjecting their religion would make me think twice before it would ensure my vote.

Actually it was Senator McCain until the Immigration fiasco so I replaced him with Giuliani strictly because of electability and I respect the man. I may not agree with him on a couple of his stances but I would rather see him then Hillary. I would prefer to see Tancredo or Duncan Hunter but they wouldn't get elected against the Clinton Campaign Machine so I wanted to see a Giuliani and Hunter ticket but now I looked into the immigration deal and took another look at McCain(a man I have respected for years) and realized that he is electable and would make a great President and I would still like to see Hunter in office as Vice President. So I only switched once and then back to the original candidate.

Neither McCain nor Guiliani can carry the vote across the board of conservative voters. Both alienate a portion of the right. Neither of them are going to win.

Forum List

Back